“Not fancy but authentic and tasty”

Sweet Spice Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 215 Restaurants in Negril
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

Service is fast and friendly, not a lot of niceties, which is fine. I don’t believe they serve alcohol, which is also fine. It appears that it is popular with locals as there was a never ending stream of takeouts, which we took as a good sign. I had curried chicken which came with rice, beans, salad with pasta and consommé - delicious. My companion had curried shrimp which came with same sides - also delicious. We would recommend and return.

1  Thank Rob_likes_2_travel

Reviewed October 21, 2018

If you're in Negril, this restaurant is a must. The food never disappoints, the price is reasonable and the service is great. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Negril or even passing through.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank KemSha
Reviewed October 17, 2018

Ate here a few times, enjoyed my meals always. A good place to try local food. For evening meals you get a 'broth' free of charge!

Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

My spouse and I came to Negril for my birthday extravaganza. On arrival, staff wasnt welcoming. I ask the waitress are they serving oxtails tonight. She responds no sir, we dont have any oxtails. I settled for over cooked grill chicken because they also didnt have lobster. Food had no flavor, no seasoning and very bland. Curry shrimp was rubbery. We stayed there for no more than 20 minutes. At check out, people put in orders for oxtails.......excuse me sir, are you serving oxtails tonight???.....yes sir we have oxtails.......the look on our waitress face standing with the dumb face. I wouldnt recommend this place.

Reviewed September 6, 2018

We received the recommendation from our driver from Royalton Negril....he said they have the best authentic jamaican food. I wanted some oxtail and my husband wanted jerk chicken. We were told by the waitress that they did not have neither even though it was on the menu. My husband asked about maybe some fish dish. The waitress came back again...nope, not available. My husband ended up ordering "fried chicken" Really? I had a"prawn" dish but the shrimp were NOT prawn but some overcooked small disgusting shrimp. I ended up having diarrhea hours later and into the next morning. And the place looks like you are in someone's old basement house....really outdated.

Date of visit: July 2018