“Extremely long wait, poor food, lied about gratuity”
Review of Ristorante Da Gino

Ristorante Da Gino
Ranked #172 of 205 Restaurants in Negril
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We went here since we figured it would please everyone in our party of 5. We ordered raviolis and spagetti with sauce, and one order of garlic bread. When we arrived there was only one table of 4 in the restaurant who had already ordered. After an hour they finally got their food, we then received our food 45 minutes later. We understand "island time", but 45 minutes to put some sauce on pre-made spagetti and ravioli's seems excessively long.

The garlic bread was the worst i've ever had. Was just 3 tiny pieces of garlic bread with garlic salt poured all over them for $4.50. All 3 pieces combined most likely equaled about a third the size of a regular piece of garlic bread. The ravioli were ok, but nothing special. The napoli sauce was awful. It was watery, and made tinned ragu taste like a 5* spagetti sauce.

When the check came it stated at the bottom that a 8.5% gratuity was automatically added. My wife pointed this out to me so we could tip appropriately based on the automatic gratuity at which point the waitress joined into our conversation and said that the gratuity goes to the government not them. I asked why it's listed as a gratuity then instead of a tax, at which point she didn't have an answer. Needless to say we didn't tip extra, cause the bill ticket was a generic preprinted tab that had a space for taxes separate to the gratuity.

1  Thank shauny2k3

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The staff was friendly,but the food was not any good.I stayed at the hotel for seven days and they had two different cooks.I had breakfast and they charge me seven dollars for one slice of bread.I invited my cousin to dinner and they could not enter the restaurant.The food was overpriced and the owner was rude, you were treated like you were in prison camp. I will not recommend the retorante or the hotel to anyone.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Food was terrible, overpriced and staff lacked any form of enthusiasm. Plenty other eateries around to choose from so would not recommend.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Visited in 2012 it's no better in 2013 very sad story apparently Italian owner died after 30 years here the place is up for sale and the two staff on duty should go with it , out of the two tables eating both argued about bill mis charges , it was
Badly. handled . The food was not good and all seemed a bit of an effort ....give it a miss

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Average meal. Bit pricey for pasta dinners. Mariposa Inn that the restaurant is located at is for sale, and so the restaurant is the only thing open on the grounds.