“Traditional, low-key and delicious”
Review of Cosmo's

Cosmo's
Ranked #16 of 198 Restaurants in Negril
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I were directed to Cosmo's by our airport transport driver. I sure am glad he sent us here. We visited twice and had different dishes each time. I recommend the curried goat, the conch soup. the festival, the bammy, the jerk chicken (though not the best I had while in Jamaica, it was very good) and, best of all, the steamed shrimp which was cooked in coconut milk and curry. The mixed drinks were also very delicious. The rum raisin ice cream is almost worth another 5000 mile trip to Jamaica. Make sure to take the trek to Cosmo's. Walk there from your hotel - you will be glad you did!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

The guy who drove me from the airport to my hotel in Negril, mentioned Cosmo's restaurant. He said it was one of the best old school Jamaican restaurants on the beach.... so I knew I had to check it out. My first visit, I had steamed (super fresh) red snapper served with something called a bammy, which is made out of cassava, formed into a flat bread, then marinated in coconut milk and fried. Yummy and not greasy. The meal came with a julienne of vegetables cooked just 'right.' I decided to try a bottled pineapple/ginger drink which was tasty and refreshing. The food was delicious and made me very happy, so much so that I did not want to leave the environment. I hung about, took a walk around the compound, had a Planter's Punch on one of the beach tables and decided to have a massage by a woman by the name of Angella Hart who has a small hut on the restaurant property, with billowing Matisse white curtains and massage tables. She give me one of the best massages I have ever had. Firm but buttery at the same time (if you can imagine that combination). I had screwed up my left knee in India dancing like a wild, free spirit and had to have an MRI when I got back to NYC. Anyhow, while she was massaging my body she zoned in on my knee and gave it a focused intuitive supple kneading. I was in heaven.

So of course I came back the next day. For lunch, I had the curried conch which was served with boiled green banana (a favorite of mine), rice and peas, sm. piece of yellow yam and a variety of saute/steamed vegetables. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. The meal was out of this world... delicious. The combination of spices was sublime and pungent all at once. Unfortunately, I was leaving next morning and would not be able to have another meal there, but I did manage to squeeze in one more awesome massage by Ms. Hart. I'll just make sure the next time I visit Negril to stay a little longer to get through at least half the menu of Cosmo's on the beach. Love this place.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Went here for lunch only. The fried fish sandwich is the best. They also make a mean margarita on the rocks. It was so good we did it twice. Loved the laid back atmosphere here. Can't wait to try it for dinner. It was still slow season so they were closing too early for us.

1  Thank MMaurer
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I loved this laid back, outdoor cafe. We had the curry goat, conch fritters, jerk chicken, and several specialty drinks. All delightful

2  Thank Sharre B
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have written about 120 reviews and love Trip Advisor. I hope you find my review helpful.

My wife and I stopped here for a late lunch based the recommendation of our Jamaican Driver. My wife ordered fried fish and I ordered the grilled octopus. We told them we were from Texas and to not be scared to spice it the way they ate it themselves. Wow! Her fried fish was amazing and my grilled octopus was to die for. We had the bammy bread which is like a fried bread made from cassava (a root). We wanted a rum and coke and noticed it was $5 for 1 drink or $20 for a whole bottle…so we bought the bottle and took it with us for our room at the hotel. We were there for a late lunch so we were the only ones there, but the folks working were very friendly. It’s an open-air restaurant on the beach with a small souvenir shop and some other small buildings…I think one was for massage. In any case…if you like seafood and you want it fresh and authentic…this is the place.

1  Thank stevetanyaTexas