“RIP OFF”

Bourbon Beach Jamaica
Ranked #26 of 199 Restaurants in Negril
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Hotel, Bar & Restaurant where you can relax, enjoy one of the best sunsets in the world, have an ice cold drink & listen to some great music 7 nights a week, all on the beach! (Monday, Thursday & Saturday are live reggae and we have a DJ the other 4 nights playing a variety of music)
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Paid $1600 Jamaican dollars to see Freddie McGregor last Friday night......no show. We heared that they do this a lot. RIP OFF place.....The Jungle is much better.

Eric H, Manager at Bourbon Beach Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

I would like to first take this opportunity to apologize to all those who attended VIVA Promotions "Set Up Shop" on Fri. Aug. 24th which was held at Bourbon Beach and did not get the chance to see Freddie McGregor. Bourbon Beach is a venue that has a long history of holding top performers in Negril. Bourbon Beach promotes their own shows and makes the venue available for rental to promoters who wish to host shows themselves
I would however like to clarify a few items. Bourbon Beach was the venue for the event and VIVA Promotions was the holder of the event. Bourbon Beach did not receive any gate monies. We did however receive revenue from the sales of food & beverage. When it was apparent Freddie McGregor would not make the show Bourbon Beach insisted the promoter make the announcement and offer refunds. They did both. In my experiences in Negril (or anywhere else) when a show is a deliberate "rip-off" by the time everyone realizes it the promoter is long gone with the money. This did not happen. In fact the promoter returned on Sat Aug 25th to ensure they did not miss anyone in terms of refund. As early as Thursday evening the majority of band members and other acts were in Negril lending to the confusion as to who was here or not. As far as the time the headliners arrive; it is common practice in Jamaica for them to reach the venue between 11pm and 1am. We will no longer allow these late arrivals at Bourbon Beach.
Bourbon Beach is in no way trying to skirt their share of responsibility. We deeply regret the disappointment of those who attended and agree that if "you pay for xyz" you should get xyz and regardless of the quality a DJ is still a DJ and a live show is a live show.
To ensure the above never happens again Bourbon Beach is insisting on a variety of additional procedures for outside promoters which shall be effective immediately.
Needless to say we already receive copies of contracts and deposits etc.
Unfortunately no matter how many procedures and safeguards we at Bourbon Beach put in place, there can always be unforeseen weather, illness or other situation that prevents the Headliner from attending. We will however guarantee that you, our valued guests, are notified immediately and compensated appropriately.
Again we apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment and will continue to provide the biggest and brightest acts Jamaica has to offer.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Kevin is a Great guy and doing an incredible job turning around Bourbon Beach! He has dealt with some shady promoters and is trying to clean up that scene and provide a quality, music venue. The rooms have been improved, menu tweaked, the beach and beach bar cannot be beat!! I enjoyed my week at Bourbon Beach and wish you continued success. I WILL BE BACK!!
Great party place....

Mike

1  Thank BeachBaller
Eric H, Manager at Bourbon Beach Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Mike – Thank you for your comments. Over the past few months Kevin and the crew have been working hard and it is good to see that you like the improvements. We will continue to move forward to make Bourbon Beach a great hotel, restaurant, and entertainment venue. We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I spent 10 days at Bourbon Beach hotel, bar and restaurant and loved it. The food is great and hot off the grill. And the beach bar must be the closet bar to the water's edge of any bar on Negril beach. It's a great place to watch the sun set.
The hotel offers live bands on the beach three nights a week and movie nights on the beach the other four nights.
Bourbon Beach is fast becoming the best spot on Negril for fun, fun, fun.

Eric H, Manager at Bourbon Beach Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Stephen – Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. We are happy to see that you had such a good time at our hotel, restaurant, and bar. Since taking over management of Bourbon Beach, earlier this year, we have been striving to make it “the place” for good food, entertainment, and fun. It looks like we are making progress. We hope that you come back soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

This review is long overdue but as the saying goes ...better late than never. I've been to Negril a few times but really lucked out this last trip when stopping in to Bourbon Beach for a drink and some shade. Kevin Hughes, one of the owners, had just recently taken over a few weeks prior and had already made some positive changes to the place. With his extensive experience from having been a Manager at various locations for the Sandals chain of resorts he certainly knows the hospitality business. He gave me a tour and shared his vision as to what the place will look like when the renos as complete. I have to say I can't wait to see it next time around because the rooms on the 2nd floor were all being revamped along with the upper deck/bar. Kevin enthusiasm for the place was so infecteous that my friend and I decided to move from our hotel on the cliffs to Bourbon Beach for the rest of our vacation. I have to say it was one of the best decisions we made. The rooms and grounds were clean and the service prompt and courteous. We took one of the adjoining two bedroom cabins and were not disappointed. The price was cheap and we were right on the beach....what more could we want! I will definately be going back to Bourbon Beach for a taste of their Jamaican flair as I am sure they will only keep improving. Thanks Kevin and Dave, you were the perfect hosts. (and thanks Kevin for making the arrangements to get my laptop charger back to me).

Eric H, Manager at Bourbon Beach Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about Bourbon Beach. We appreciate receiving comments like yours that give a clear picture of our venue. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Now seriously, there is a guy we call Jercky or Mr. Chicken Man next to Hidden Paradise with excellent jerck chicken, but by far I have to say Bourbon Beach has the best.!!!

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about Bourbon Beach. We are very happy to see your comments about our chicken. We think that it’s the best and we like to see others who agree.