“Great Location, Great Food & Great Servic”
Review of Sun Beach

Sun Beach
Ranked #50 of 206 Restaurants in Negril
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We've been to Jamaica 9 times and have always passed by this restaurant. Why? I do not know. This was one of the best meals that we had on our trip recently. Dennis was our waiter and he was top notch. We both ordered our meals and much to our surprise we were given a cup of pumpkin soup and garlic bread in addition to our meal. Some of the best soup not to mention the food was excellent, hot and let us wanting to return again. Great variety of food on the menu however I was looking for a curry dish and the chef said no problem and made me shrimp curry. What a great meal.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed at the rayon across the street from Sun Beach for our honeymoon and went there almost everyday for a drink and snack or meal. Although it wasn't crowded andc wasn't all prettied up, it was a great atmosphere and even better people. It seemed everyone in jamacia was out to rip you off or wanted money for nothing. The had great prices and took care of you. Dennis the menace, a bar tender there, gave us the best price to tour the island by over a $100 dollars and took us to twice as many places. We went to the Pelican bar, YS falls, black River, Ricks Cafe, and the blue hole for $150. It was a full day plus he told us about all the local areas we were going through and showed us some little known local food spots and deals that usually only the locals get and see. It was a blast and like I said cheaper than anyone else by a long shot. We paid $140 the day before just to go to the raging River and it wasn't near as far as half the places we went with Dennis the menace. Stear clear of Desmond a taxi driver in that local area. He's a rip off and helps the locals rip you off even more.

1  Thank Jason Y
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Sun Beach has a great location right in the middle of 7 mile beach.
Their candle-lit dinner ON THE BEACH is very romantic and if you're lucky Dennis will sing.
We stayed next door at Firefly and went over to Sun Beach during the day because their bar was better. The people at Sun Beach are friendly and the service was very good.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This a restaurant and bar right on the beach near Sandy Haven Resort. I ate a few meals at the bar here and really enjoyed it. They have hanging plastic chairs which work as swings that face the water and benches at the bar. The menu had a good variety of Jamaican food such as curry chicken, jerk chicken and ox tail. Drinks were well-priced and the beer was ice-cold. I had the fried fish which was really good.

I recommend stopping in for lunch if you want reasonably priced tasty food in a fun location.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

When you no one at the bar except the employee REMEMBER NOT to order anything from the kitchen. I was in Negril in March and I spent most of my dining hours at Sun Beach. The food was great! Upon my visit in May??? Not even a shadow of the food I had in March. I bragged about it to my husband and when we got there??? OMG! How it had changed!!! I am a chef of my own restaurant and I should know that when resorts are in their "low season" you should have very low expectations of the food. My husband ordered a burger (as did my niece in March). My husband couldn't eat it. I thought he was being unreasonable so I took a bite. Even I had to spit it out! The service as friendly as ever. It's the perfect "local" place to visit. Just make sure you visit "IN SEASON". I will return for sure. Dennis the Menace, Sophia and the others are lovely people.