“Many Great Meals At Sun Beach”
Review of Sun Beach

Sun Beach
Ranked #50 of 208 Restaurants in Negril
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

First went to Sun Beach in 2003. Dennis has always treated me like family! The food is very good and reasonably priced. Nice location on the beach. Have heard some good live Reggae there on several occasions. Nice menu selections and daily specials. Good drinks too! Can't wait to return!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stopped here because they had a band playing. They sounded good, the location was nice and the food was ok. I had 3 beers and my wife had a couple sodas along with the $30 lobster special for two. When we received the bill, the lobster special turned into $38, the 3 beers turned into 4 at a higher price than the menu stated. I asked the manager why the difference, and he told me that was my problem not his! Then when I payed for it with a credit card, they added another 5%. Our $40 meal turned into $61 real fast.

4  Thank Tom K
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Ate here twice since we were staying next door. Tried the coco snapper which was kinda mushy. The fried fish was just OK, and the "jerk" chicken was just chicken with Bar-b-que sauce on the side. (There was a long wait, but this is expected on the island.)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I dined at Sun Beach and had a wonderful time. We watched the sun go down from the bar and then moved to a table on the beach to eat and watch the band.

We had the coconut snapper for two, an appetizer and drinks. With tip it came to about $50.

They tried hard to establish a formal setting and in some ways this pretence hurt the atmosphere. I felt rushed to a table and there should have been music at sunset rather than a sound check. The formal feel had many guests struggling to be proper while the beach vibe happened all around them.

The food was a good value, but the service made the meal! They should drop the pretence of fine dining and focus on the romance and beautiful setting.

1  Thank MoeBrondum
Reviewed March 25, 2013

When you stay in your own place in Negril then where do you hang out on the beach when you want to go there?? Sun Beach has always welcomed me with open arms a waiting beach chair and umbrella. Thank you, you are great folks with a great bar and a wonderful spirit.