“Dudley is the man!”

Dudley's Big Ship Taxi and Tours
Ranked #1 of 79 Tours in Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide Taxi, Tours and Transportation to and from all Major Attractions in Jamaica. With friendly drivers and clean vehicles to match we take you from your Resort to Destination safely and only stop upon request. Visit our website for rates, departure times, inquiries and reservations. "Private transport, private taxi, private tours. No rush, you can do what you want!"- Dudley Warren, Owner/Manager Big ship Tours and Transportation.
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I am a traveler who wants to break off the beaten path and explore on my own. Dudley (Warren) with Big Ship Tours took my family of 8 around to the best “hole in the wall” jerk chicken and pork places I could have never found on my own. He was always on time, with a smile on his face, ready to pick us up – even on his day off! We laughed and laughed – he truly transformed our vacation from just another trip to a real, memorable experience. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Big Ship Tours to anyone going to Jamaica - whether they are looking to be picked up at the airport or a full day excursion! My parents have been on 3 or 4 trips to Jamaica and he is the first person we call when we land! Thanks Dudley for such a special time!!

Reviewed January 20, 2011

Dudley and his crew were comandeered for 4 days by our group of 25 people in October. He communicated with me prior to our arrival and had the bus stocked with ice cold Red Stripe as well as Appletons and Diet Coke, that was awesome. We negotiated a price for the entire week that seriously, no other service would have been able to come close to, that was much appreciated. The tropical storm had just gone through the week before and I wasn't sure what parts of our itinerary would still be able to accomadate us. I got the standard, "ya mon, everything good for you" when calling the various attractions but didn't feel good about it. I called Dudley, told him everything I had planned for the group and he gave the straight goods on what was okay and what I had to adjust. Some of them required him to personally go and visit them and he did that with no hesitation. That was a big help as it would have been disappointing and a waste of time to have gone to some of the places only to find them closed or not operating fully.

He greeted us at the exit level at Sangster and quickly made us feel like we were in good hands. Him and Peter were quick, professional and extremely entertaining through the drive to Negril. The boss dropped his BBerry in the ice cold Red Stripe and Dudley and Peter didn't miss a beat. Peter stopped at a local store and got a bag of rice to put the phone in to dry it out and after a few days, it was good as new. No need for a lengthy beer stop with Dudley, he has it on the bus. We did have to stop for a washroom break though, given all the Red Stripe. LOL

They were always a quick phone call away and were quick and efficient in taking us anywhere we wanted be it the Jungle for the Heros Weekend Party, which was fantastic, or to the Rockhouse for an amazing Group Dinner, a Beach Day, a trip to Rick's etc. etc. They were great.

We would NEVER consider using anyone else for our transporation in Negril, Dudley has it all. Great vehicles, clean and modern, Fantastic staff with Peter and another gentleman who's name we didn't get, sorry. Entertaining, knowledgable and showing genuine concern for your entertainment, safety and enjoyment of their home.

Just book with him and relax, it will ALL be good.

1  Thank Bill S
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We have used Big Ship for many years. He is always on time, very friendly and reliable. I highly recommend Big Ship

1  Thank paulatapc
Reviewed December 14, 2010

I heard about Dudley from a friend who is a frequent visitor to Negril. I called him a week before to set up our pick-up from Montego Bay airport. Our driver was Peter, a wonderful gentlemen that brought us a cooler of Red Stripe for the ride. He is flexible if you want to stop along the way for shopping or a drink. We obtained Peter's cell phone number and contacted him for a ride up to Rick's Cafe on the cliffs. He added a free tour of the mountain area, with a stop at the Blue Hole. (Incidentally, don't miss the Blue Hole).

Peter was early or on time to each pick up. If he was double booked, Dudley filled in, until he could meet us. Everything worked out perfectly.

I highly recommend Big Ship Tours for your transportation and touring needs in Negril.

Reviewed December 9, 2010

We were going to Jamaica for the first time and we wanted to find a good reliable transportation company. After reading the good reviews on Big Ship Transportation here on Tripadvisor we decided to book them.

At the airport Peter was waiting for us - The car was big, clean and had aircondition and there was cold water and red stripes if we got thirsty.
He drove us to our Hotel in Negril and we got a big hug when we said goodbye. A really great guy with a good sense of humor!

We took a trip to the Black River and the Y/S Falls and Peter was right on time and despite the big potholes and bad roadconditions he got us safely through it.

As it was time to leave Jamaica it was Dudley who came to pick us up and drive us to the airport. He apologized that Peter couldn´t make it and right after that his phone rang and it was Peter who wanted to say goodbye to us - How sweet is that?!

We had a wonderfull vacation on Jamaica and we will come back and next time we know where to book our transportation. Thanks Peter & Dudley!