Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel
Ranked #3 of 196 Restaurants in Negril
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Ordered the steak and my husband had the lobster. Outstanding meal.What a magical setting, with the waves crashing and the candlelight at our cliff side table in the moonlight. The staff could not have been more welcoming. Our favorite dinner ever in Jamaica.

There are newer reviews for Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Last April on a recent trip to Negril my long time driver Mally suggested that we all go to Ivan's on the cliffs for Dinner. We took his advice and had one of the best Negril meals we have had in the past few years. We typically frequent many of our favorite places in and around Negril but had not been up to Ivan's. The view from the cliffs is truly gorgeous and we were up there at Sunset which was a real treat. Since I have been going to Negril for years I am used to the slower pace which is part of the reason I continue to return...If you are looking for "Jimmy Johns" lightening speed service don't go here...that is not to say the the service was slow...just Negril pace:) Fish was wonderful, chicken and veggies were all great... and they did a wonderful job with some of the local favorite dishes. Delicious food, great ambiance, and courteous and friendly service make this a must stop next time you are in Negril!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Staff could be a bit more attentive, if I should put my finger on what made this a non-5 star review.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Based on the rave reviews I read before our trip I decided to reserve a table for our anniversary dinner. The view was excellent and the hotel/restaurant is really pretty. The candles on the table and lights strung up everywhere made for a great atmosphere after watching the beautiful sunset over the water. However, the food left more to be desired. My husband had a dinner portion of the Coconut shrimp which was pretty good but my Seafood Linguine could have been A LOT better. I kept having to pull pieces of fish scales out of my mouth while eating...YUCK! The key lime cheesecake for desert was to die for and the chocolate cake was pretty darn good too. Overall I liked the place. I'd just advise against the Seafood Linguine or any dish with fish in sauce unless you plan to chew carefully!

1  Thank rachelb170
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Some of the best food we've had in Jamaica. Large portions decent prices. The jerk shrimp is awesome, highly recommended! If you stay at catcha the breakfast is also very good. I like the Johnny cakes. Dinner is the only time it is open to public.

2  Thank jeff s