New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“An after thought on Ivan's upon my second visit two months later” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel

Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel
Ranked #4 of 189 Restaurants in Negril
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Baltimore
“An after thought on Ivan's upon my second visit two months later”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I returned to Negril two months after my first trip in March. After many disappointing dining experiences I decided to return to Ivan's. The staff was just a friendly as the first time I visited. The place was empty and I learned that this was because they have entered their low season. I had the same server and this time I told her that my fish was overcooked on my first visit. She made every effort to make sure that it was cooked to my liking and indeed it was. I would return to Ivan's whenever I go back to Negril if not only for the service. Romain and Bradley at the bar remembered me from my visit in March which says a lot since hundreds of guests pass through their door. The above mediocre food is worth it when the service is respectful and kind.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kmoore

Toronto, Canada
“A delightful romantic meal under the stars”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We considered doing the Night of 100 Candles but in the end we booked a table on the patio overlooking the water. I would recommend arriving closer to 5pm then we did as you will catch a beautiful sunset. We tend to find ot hard to get off the beach so early so arrived closer to 830 when it was already dark. I was disappointed with our table considering we had booked a month early and then followed up when we arrived in Negril. Make sure you are specific when booking a table and request one of the more romantic settings overlooking the water. We enjoyed the food, atmosphere and service. Especially the cocktails, lobster thermidor and the curry dishes.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank yyz_kat
texas
“Ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had dinner here. This restaurant is all about the ambiance. Our table was over looking the beach. There is also a table that sits treetop. If possible, reserve that table. It was absolutely beautiful. Then there's the 100 candle table. We counted, and there were actually 100 candles.

The food was good but not the best we had in Negril.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank dkvacation
Toronto, Canada
“Very disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Several people suggested Ivan's from our hotel so we went for dinner one night - although the service was good I would not recommend visiting. The quality of the food was poor, and it was not reflective of the Jamaican cuisine we were hoping for. Very disappointing

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Rissa0713
green bay
“great views and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

My friend and I travel every year to Jamaica and one of our only negatives is finding restaurants that we both love. My friend has a more limited dining range than myself so we're always looking for places that she feels comfortable too. Ivan's Bar does this. She had the Jerk chicken skewer (which they will do in mild to hot). I had the mushroom chicken, Both were very good and you can't beat the views.We were not staying at Catcha so you can only do dinner after 5 pm.

• Visited June 2013