Ivan's Bar & Restaurant At Catcha Falling Star Hotel
Ranked #3 of 206 Restaurants in Negril
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The food here is ALWAYS great! The views during the day and at night are breathtaking. The bar is full of people having a good time and the bartenders will entertain you for sure! It is a must visit. We have some very favourite staff there, thank you to all.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,989)

Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We reserved the 100 candles dinner for $175 with Free pick up, understanding we would Pay our way back.
They say 6 pm pick me up. I ask for 545 to see the sunset.
Driver shows up at 645. We had gone back to our roomy I call the restaurant. The driver left and didn't wait for them to call our room.
The conditioned new Hotel taxi says $30 both ways but I m stupid and got a free ride one way. So after 3 calls to the hotel our shows up again.
We get to the restaurant around 715-730. Not 6pm as planned. Then the driver holds us up to give us his stupid number, like I would ever call him. Leroy and Mike the hotel use, I guess. Only met Leroy, With an exhaust leaking car and no ac.
When we got there we were obviously late for our reservation. We were told to get a free drink from the bar. I stood at the bar for 10 minutes. I asked nunerous waiters for a drink. They were really busy with servers orders and kept saying just a minute. I never got a drink till after we were seated 10 minutes later.
We didn't do the 100 candles as it was raining, but if it hadn't been raining I still wouldn't have done it as we had already missed sunset.
Then after we eat they have already called the same useless driver to pick us up. And he wants $30 to take us back. He talks to the other driver so he wouldnt take us back. I ended up paying him $20. The hotel should have paid for a free ride back.
Good food ruined by catcha hiring incompetent drivers who can't tell time. The hotel should be regulating what these people charge their paying customers.
As for the food:
My pineapple flambé was a few pineapple pieces with pineapple syrup and a shot of brandy on top. With a small scoop of ice cream. Not worth $9. My cheesecake was still frozen. We both had jerk lobster. We both asked for it hot. Not hot in Any way. Not even any jerk taste.

2  Thank Anthonyfattony
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My new husband and I went here for the highly recommended 100 candles private dinner on our honeymoon. It exceeded our highest expectations! The food is delicious and fresh without feeling pretentious or trying too hard to appeal to Western patrons. The service was incredible and the location is breathtaking.

When we arrived, it was just before sunset and we were walked to our private table (yes, it can be seen by other patrons but feels much more private than the private rock table at the Rockhouse.) There was a bottle of champagne and a personalized menu waiting for us at the table. Beautiful lit candle guided our way to the table and were just gorgeous once the sun set. Although we booked the private 100 candles table, there were several regular tables at the restaurant that looked very secluded and romantic at the edge of the water.

We never once felt rushed and were even encouraged to explore the grounds of the restaurant before leaving. Our server took as many pictures of us as we liked and never acted like this was a burden. Not only was this dinner fantastic but the price is ridiculously affordable compared to some of the other private dining options in the area. We booked three romantic private dinners (Rockhouse, The Caves and Ivan's) and we felt that, overall, Ivan's was the best choice in terms of value. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for an unforgettable experience in Negril!

1  Thank steezyrose
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I at here this evening and had a wonderful time. The outdoor setting is beautiful and we had a nice romantic table set off by the side of the pool with a full ocean view. The table had a bouquet of tropical flowers as a centerpiece which was a great accent. I had the kingfish and my husband had the snapper and both were good. We also had the peanut butter cheesecake for dessert, which was very good, but still a bit frozen. In other words, it was probably just shipped in, which was fine with me, just not authentic.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

A must do when visiting Negril. This is the nicest eating establishment in Negril and is one of those places you would like to frequently. The views are awesome. The food is excellent as well. It is a very romantic place to dine well...