“So disappointed...”

Ranked #23 of 195 Restaurants in Negril
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Live entertainment every Monday and Thursday evening duringf season!!! Great happy hour 4-6pm with lots of 2 for 1 drink specials! Candlelit dinner on the sea! Great breakfast- try the canoe eggs and the caremleized banana french toast! Excellent snorkeling!
Wisconsin
“So disappointed...”
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at 11:30 for lunch, but was told that lunch didn't start until noon. No worries! Ordered a red stripe and rum punch and spoke with Norman. The conversation was wonderful, but regrettably, it was the only positive thing about our visit. We ordered lunch at 12:30. Our waitress never checked on us, and after an hour I asked her was our order ever put in? She said yes. We watched as several orders came out, and after another 40 minutes, I approached her again. She said our order was next. Our order arrived well over 2 hrs after we placed it, and it was incomplete. She never checked on us, so we informed another waitress that we did not get our onion rings. She told us we ordered fries and they should have already come. We went to Canoe Bar specifically for onion rings, so I'm pretty sure that's what we ordered. I had ordered the chicken special--Sundown Chicken. There were about 7 small chunks of chicken, 4 of which were literally chunks of bones. I told the waitress, and she just looked at me. My husband's chicken was meager as well. Nothing was done to make things right, and they didn't seem to care. Very disappointing.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Ordinary in a great setting.”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We went late one evening and came away unimpressed. The food was adequate, the service was very slow, and the setting beautiful. You won't regret eating here, but won't find it memorable.

Visited February 2013
Nanaimo, Canada
“Fantastic food, GREAT coffee and a gorgeous setting!!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I went to Canoe Bar 3 times over my two week vacation this January. First time was on my birthday and I went for a late lunch with my friend. I ordered a blended fruit punch with rum and lobster bisque, followed by lionfish (grilled). It was the first time trying lionfish and I must say, it was GREAT, the fish is nice & buttery, just delicious. The lobster bisque was also delish!! Next time I went I was there for breakfast with two friends. I ordered the orange juice & coffee and then the Canoe Bar breafast sandwich, it's served on coco bread with scrambled eggs, callaloo, bacon and hollindaise, very yummy indeed. The coffee is fabulous, served in a French press. The third meal was with my husband (he arrived a week after me) and I again had the Canoe Bar breakfast sandwich and the juice & coffee.

I will most certainly be back again and I would recommend that YOU give Canoe Bar a try. In addition to the great food, Canoe Bar has it's very own private beach and it's a great little spot to do some beach combing.

2 Thank Brynn L
Winnipeg
“Very relaxing”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We went here based on the fact that other tourists told us it was good and it has a steel pan band on Thursdays. We got a free ride here and back to hotel by calling to make a reservation. We had a great table facing the beach. Service was great! 2for1 drinks until 6:00. I ordered a 8oz burger which I thought would be too huge but I ate almost all of it is was so good. Others ordered fish dishes and were all happy with our meals. There was a bit of a dispute when we paid our bill in the conversion, however the manager addressed it right away and we had actually paid too much! I would definitely recommend this place as a quieter more relaxing experience than going to Rick's.

1 Thank Mani2ban
“Excellent food with a view”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

A very friendly place. The fish was quite good, although the portion sizes were a bit smaller than we're used to in the US. They were out of some items we wanted to order, although it was early still. We enjoyed the view of the bay. I saw a dolphin and a ray jump out of the water! (They weren't together, but I was still impressed.)