SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril
  • Spa
    • Breakfast included
    Coco La Palm(Negril)
    • Beachfront
    All reviewscontinental breakfastsweet spotlow wallhot waterice machinepattiesitalian cafecaptain mosesocean frontbanana breadjerk chickensugar caneoceanfront roomnice bathroomhotel propertyper daysmall hotel
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed February 21, 2010

Great location, nice rooms, great beach. Needs a complete overhaul of management and staff. We were there 8 nights and didn't get towels 2 of the days. 2 other days we had to hunt down towels. The water in the hotel was shut off all together one day. They were always out of ice in the only ice maker. After all the "little" issues we would go back due to the beach and location.

Reviewed February 17, 2010

Just returned from Rooms Negril with another excellent experience. The restaurant was great & now serves you on the beach. I never have a problem with Rooms Negril. The location is perfect.. Close to Alfred's and Bourbon Beach and also the Jungle niteclub I have visited Negril 15x's and now prefer the non AI's. I have seen other non AI's in Negril and love Rooms because it has been renovated recently. I will be returning again. They accomodated my every wish, again....Thanks to Ms. Grant, Petrack, Ricardo, etc... to ALL STAFF, even the security... C U Soon again. PS: Thanks to Hilary for the great spa service Right on the beach!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank JulietMarkham_ON
    Reviewed February 16, 2010

I have never had a problem with hotels with a 3 star rating booked thru Worry free vacations - that has ended. I wonder if management had changed, it had good reviews.

I don't want to be one of those reviewers who sound bitter and angry, but I don't want another single mom to go with her son (12yo) and parents (87 and 81 yo)and feel like the hotel had completely let her down. No help from desk ever and you waited 10 minute to buy even water, so yo can imagine a question regarding Negril. I heard them lie to others while I sat on the computer, they just didn't like the guests and it showed. They would make reservations for some, some not. Basic info on negril they did not have nor did they want to share simple things like the closes ATM. Really a one star. Laundry machine broken, one ice machine for 57 room and a resturant, so no cold beverages in your room, we got a half bucket of ice one out of 10 tries, the con't breakfast was served, but 30 minutes late and you had to ask/beg for every item, juice, tst, water etc....... There is more but you get the drift, all the many, many little things that made my trip difficult.

But the rooms were nice, sparse and the house keeping staff did a wonderful job daily! As well as the grounds keep. But make sure you are content with a one star and no assistance at all with the area or even basic needs.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
    1  Thank Momandyoungson
    Reviewed February 9, 2010

My bf and I stayed one week at Rooms. We found the room to be well equipped with a comfortable king size bed, large flat screen tv, wardrobe, dresser and drawers. The bathroom was also modern and clean. The view we had from our terrace to the garden left a lot to be desired as it was facing a fence, though it provided a lot of privacy which was nice. The continental breakfast included in the room rate also left a lot to be
    desired - it consisted of dry toast with 1 butter and 1 jam, 1 small piece of cake, VERY weak coffee, concentrated orange juice and a choice of cornflakes or fruit loops. It would have to be the worst quality breakfast I've ever had the misfortune to eat. The coffee in
    particular was awful, considering that Jamaica has some of the best quality coffee in the world coming from the Blue Mountains. There was also one staff member there who couldn't smile to save herself - in one instance they were out of knives so she brought out 2 knowing that we needed some however instead of taking them to the table (we were 1 metre away) she left them in the cutlery basket - the rest of the staff were very friendly though. Disappointing also was the fact the hotel bar did not have happy hours
    and no vibe whatsoever, we never ate or drunk there because of this reason. Aside from the restaurant, the grounds of the hotel were well kept and clean, and the gardener was friendly, he cracked a coconut for us once when we couldn't manage to do it ourselves. The security was good and Petrack who helped with the sunbeds and towels, etc. was fantastic. Some guests we'd spoken to had problems with hot water and electricity however we were lucky and didn't have any problems at all. Overall, this was a great value for money hotel with clean, updated rooms. I would probably stay here again if the price stayed the same; if they improved the breakfast then I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank MissKChivers
    Reviewed February 2, 2010

Our group had six rooms rented (six couples) Jan. 20 to Jan. 27, 2010. One couple didn't have any problems with their room. One couple had an air conditioner that leaked a couple waste baskets of water each day all seven days. One couple in the same block (above the kitchen) as the air conditioner problem had problems with the electricty not working three different days. Keep in mind the electricity worked in the room across the hall.
    Two of us couples paid extra to have beach front rooms. We were put in block 9 upstairs. The rooms upstairs in block 9 do not have balaconies. So there you are looking out the window. Really, really disappointed to pay extra to look out a window rather than to have a balcony to enjoy morning coffee, etc. Also, block 9 has major issues with their hot water heater. It only worked for four of 13 showers. We also did not have electricity on several occassions in block 9. Usually when we were in our room to shower......no electricity. So no TV, no blow dryer, no lights, no safe. All when you kinda needed to have that stuff. I think if we wouldn't have been put in block 9 we would have enjoyed Rooms. And if the air conditioner room wouldn't have been constantly a pain. So three out of three couples had MAJOR issues. When we talked to the manager she said she would give us a voucher for one night on a later stay. We said we wouldn't stay again. I felt bad for the gals at the front desk. All six rooms in block 9 were usually occupied so they were getting calls constantly in the morning and in the evening (shower time.) In my opinion Rooms should have given us some money back on our stay. They never even offered to move us. The offer would have been nice. They just didn't seem to care. The rooms are clean, the TVs are nice, the rooms are pretty. Just wish we would not have paid extra to have one of the three rooms in the whole place without a balcony and one of six rooms without hot water. We would probably return if the management would have been a little caring or sympathetic. Guess we will go to CCLP on our next vacation. We are not picky, we just wanted them to somehow make it right with us. Had we not been put in block 9 or the block above the kitchen, we probably would have really like Rooms. Patrek the pool guy is awesome. I did tell the manager during a conversation that I would be posting a review on TA and she said "don't threaten me." Wonder why she thought that I was threatening her?!?! We have stayed at the Yellow Bird and at Legends so you know that we weren't expecting nor did we want the Ritz. We liked the Yellow Bird and Legends. We are not picky people.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends