SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril
  • Spa
    • Breakfast included
    Coco La Palm(Negril)
    • Beachfront
    All reviewscontinental breakfastsweet spotlow wallhot waterice machinepattiesitalian cafecaptain mosesocean frontbanana breadjerk chickensugar caneoceanfront roomnice bathroomhotel propertyper daysmall hotel
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed August 4, 2009

My recent stay at Room Negril proved that you can get more than you pay for. The resort is small, cozy, and located directly on 7-mile beach. Rooms has built a beach within their property that allows guest to enjoy privacy from the many vendors on 7-mile beach with easy access to the sea. What a concept! The rooms are clean and modern with flat screen tv''s and glassed in showers. Several group members reserved garden view rooms only to find out that their gardenview room included a partial ocean view. The staff was friendly and accomodating. An error by the reservation staff for SuperClubs was unexpectedly corrected by the resort, without my asking, which really impressed me. The continental breakfast was adequate and overall the food was good. I would return individually and I will bring another group to Rooms in the future.

• Stayed: July 2009
    1  Thank RetreatLdr
    Reviewed July 13, 2009

I travelled to Negril in June to meet with my boyfriend over there and spend 18 nights. We had a fantastic time!

Usually we stay at cheaper hotels, but on this occasion we paid only a bit more to try Rooms as I fell in love with it when I was there earlier in the year and we went for a meal there.

Rooms: Really lovely! Beds were just huge! bathroom was amazing. The shower was absolutely massive and the whole room was really modern. We were in the block, completely overlooking the pool - although we didnt have a balcony. We had a large patio doors and a kinda railing outside of it - but it didnt bother us all that much as we dont tend to spend all that much time in the room. We did look at another room to change to, but it wasn't as nice as the one we had!
    TV was big flatscreen - much to my boyfriends delight! No complaints about the room.
    We had a few mosquitos but bought a good spray and did it each night which kept them at bay. Nothing unusual for Negril though.

Gardens / Pool / Beach - really nice. We used the pool each day, usually to ourselves. It was only busy really at weekends. The beach area was really well maintained and clean. I can never fault the beach areas in Negril! Gardens were all nice, Gardenia the gardener was so friendly and that guy works flat out.

Restaurant - Each morning you get a continental breakast. It consists of a plate of fruit; melon, pineapple and papaya. A plate with two slices of toast and a little cake and cereal if you like. The breakfast itself was fine - but the timings were just a little too early!! 7.30am - 9.30am. Just extending it slightly would be better - some days after a heavy night 9.30 was just too early!
    Night time was a bit so so with service. We had a bad experience where we ordered room service and had to wait 2 hours for food - despite several calls. When it arrived it was burnt. We only ate there at night twice, once was just okay really the second was the room service experience - not again!
    The only other bad point about the restaurant was I got absolutely bitten to death by mosquitos - it seemed to be a 'bad spot' for them!

Staff - They were mostly all very friendly. The ironic thing is, in my experience of Negril hotels, its usually the receptionists that are the most unfriendly. At Rooms they were just all so sweet. When I was using the free internet in reception we chatted - and they couldnt be more helpful. The manager was a nice lady, although I was a little unhappy that after making our complaint about the restaurant and her promising to get back to us with a response - she never did so, she may have forgot though:)

It was my birthday whilst I was there - my boyfriend arranged with the reception girls, room attendants and also some of the garden guys to decorate our room and keep me outta the room whilst they did it by chatting to me on the beach whilst a cake was delivered and flowers reading happy birthday were scattered over the bed - they were so happy to do it, and really loved that it suprised me. I was really touched by their kindness (and how sneaky my boyfriend was!!)

Security was quite tight there - so much so, my poor boyfriend got asked each time he came in and out the hotel (even when with me!) what room number and where he was going - this got a little tedious after 18 nights when the same guard asked 3 times a day!

All in all, a fantastic time. Definately a well presented hotel that tries hard to please its customers. We really had no faults with it apart from the restaurant - but then that could have been a mistake.

Its so central to Jungle, Alfreds, Roots Bamboo that its ideal for people like us who go out at night a lot.
    Its close enough to walk to Kuyaba, where we had a nice but expensive meal. As we always do, we ate a lot as Sweet Spice - we both love it there. Had a nice meal at LTU on the cliffs and also had some really lovely basic chicken meals from the road vendors which was so cheap!

Any questions, please feel free to email me!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
    4  Thank Chloeair
    Reviewed July 5, 2009

HOTEL
    - Clean, well-groomed grounds.
    - Small pool, but no one was ever using it!
    - Nice private beach behind a low wall to prevent hagglers.
    - Helpful staff, especially Derwin in the front office. (He hooked us up with several great restaurants & our own private boat ride to Rick's Cafe!)

ROOM
    - We upgraded to an ocean-view room free of charge. Amazing view of the beach! HUGE patio...but it needs a ceiling fan!
    - Very basic, no-frills room. The bed was rather hard & the pillows were flat. No alarm clock! Nice flat-screen TV, though, with a lot of movie channels.
    - Wi-Fi access was expensive, so we didn't even use it. There's a charge for all calls, even local, too.
    - NICE bathroom! Very modern. Big shower, but hot water was sometimes hit or miss. You're in the islands, though. You just have to go with the flow!
    - Mosquitoes were in the room every day. There's a gap under the door, so we had to keep a towel stuffed in it.
    - Overall, very clean. Housekeeping always came late in the day, though...usually when we were trying to shower & get ready for dinner!

RESTAURANT
    - Outdoor restaurant facing the ocean. Surprisingly good, inexpensive food.
    - Cooked-to-order with only one chef in the kitchen, so don't be in a hurry to eat!
    - Continental breakfast was basic & the same every day - cereal, coffee, OJ, fruit plate, toast. And it ends a little too early (9:30am) - it should go until 10am at least. We're on vacation!
    - Bring bug spray. Mosquitoes were always pretty bad! And they have ants, but you can't do much about that. Just don't leave food lying around.

BEACH/LOCATION
    - Excellent location in the middle of everything! You can walk along the beach to lots of bars/restaurants.
    - Be ready for hagglers. They are everywhere, offering everything from smokes (marijuana) to snorkeling. Sometimes they yell at you from the other side of the wall if you're on the hotel property, but usually you can escape them either there or in the water!

NEGRIL
    - Very casual. We brought too many clothes! Wore nothing but swimsuits every single day until dinner.
    - Totally dead during the off season! Sometimes we felt like the only ones on the beach. This can be good or bad - not much is going on as far as entertainment, but you don't have crowds & never have to worry about getting a table at a restaurant!
    - We walked downtown one day for shopping, but wouldn't recommend it. There's nothing to see/buy that you can't get on the beach. You'll get harassed there, too. Everyone wants to be a "tour guide"...for a hefty tip!
    - Restaurants: Kuyaba on the beach was really good, great atmosphere. Sweet Spice near downtown was great - good, local food. Take a cab to get there. Rockhouse in the West End was amazing! Wonderful food, incredible views - definitely worth it. They offer free shuttle pick up. Rick's Cafe was really fun, but the food is way overpriced so we didn't eat there. It's worth it, though, to see the cliff divers & enjoy the views. We took a boat (basically hired a glass-bottomed boat that Derwin hooked us up with & enjoyed a private "taxi") to get there, which was definitely the way to go.
    - Overall, we felt safe everywhere we went. The people seem pretty laid back. Just take a taxi to get around town. They're plentiful & usually cheap. We walked the beach & night & didn't have any problems.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
    3  Thank TxGrl
    Reviewed June 1, 2009

SOL, w/ review but tryn 2 catch up. 8/31-9/3/08.
    Rooms Negril opened 7/31/08, and was remodeled, it used to b the old Nergil Inn. It was bought by superclubs but not AI.
    i was n Jamaica 4 Hurricane Gustav Aug-Sept. when i arrived at Rooms Negril i was informed that the hotel had no generator and could not accommodate us. They transferred us to other superclubs of our choice 4 free. We choose Hedo II n Negril, an AL free of charge. I had a blast free food drinks party and whatever u want. I've been 2 Hedo lll several times though so i know what Hedo is about. it always good sometimes to stay at a chain resort affiliates.
    While at Rooms Negril we walked around the area. It was really nice all rooms have a flat screen tvs, the gym nice and up to date. The hotel is right on the beach, the pool area is nice as well. The guards at the front gate are rude until they found out your a paying guest. I figure their just protecting the resort. The resort is in a great area walking distance to everything food, clubs, bars, rentals. I would recommend Rooms Negril to everyone even though i did not stay there :)

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    4  Thank Sexydreaaa
    Reviewed May 31, 2009

My husband and I stayed here in March 2009. Loved the beach here! Better than I expected. We felt safe and comfortable our entire stay. I would definitely stay here again! The rooms are clean, the bed was comfortable, and the beach was only a few steps away down a nice walkway. There is an electronic safe in the room and you choose the combination. The grounds are kept spotless by the gardener, Gardenia. He is very friendly and always smiling, and very helpful. The office staff were helpful and polite. The young lady at the desk was always willing to talk with us. We stopped by the office every day, asked various tourist questions, and used the internet service a few times. The manager was helpful and friendly, too. She is a beautiful, tall lady, and looks like she could be a model. We had the continental breakfast every morning. I always had fresh pineapple, papaya, toast, jelly and orange juice. The pool was beautiful and always clean. I never did swim in it, preferring to swim in the ocean. It was perfect for swimming and it never had large waves. I thought the beach was very clean, of course, there are always people who will litter anywhere you go. I never did see any shady characters sitting by the wall. The security at the front of the hotel always asked your name and room number whenever you left the hotel and again when you returned. There was always a taxi available inside the grounds, and the drivers were friendly.

Our trip was for rest and relaxation, and we don't need all the frills of the fancy, all inclusive places. Our usual day was to get up and have the continental breakfast (the breakfast area looks out over the ocean, so beautiful). Then, my husband would spend some time tanning in the sun while I walked down the beach taking tons of pictures. Long, relaxing walks ...... I always felt safe. Naturally, there are vendors all along the beach trying to sell something. A simple "no thanks" was all that was needed. It didn't bother me, I am very easy going; but, after eight days of vacation my husband was starting to get aggravated by it. After my solo morning walk, I would come back to Rooms, and then my husband and I would walk up and down the beach until we were ready for lunch. I highly recommend "The Sweet Spot." It is across the street from Rooms and about a one to two minute walk. The food was always excellent and the price was very reasonable. Great Jamaican food!!! After lunch, we would usually lay around in the sun or swim until time for supper. Every night would find us out on the beach watching the sunset, every night was a GORGEOUS sunset!

Did we have any problems while there? Only one, we didn't have any hot water one day out of the eight days we stayed there. Disappointing ... I love hot showers! But, water in Jamaica is not nearly as cold as it is here in Kentucky, so it was tolerable. Would I stay here again, definitely! The location is great, the beach and ocean are wonderful, and the price was great. I was soooooo stressed out from a year of hard work, and I was so relaxed by the time our vacation ended that I hated to leave.

I'll try to post a review of the places we ate and a few of our activities in another post, this one is already long enough.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple