“Makn things happen; Superclubs”

SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril
Ranked #35 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed June 1, 2009

SOL, w/ review but tryn 2 catch up. 8/31-9/3/08.
Rooms Negril opened 7/31/08, and was remodeled, it used to b the old Nergil Inn. It was bought by superclubs but not AI.
i was n Jamaica 4 Hurricane Gustav Aug-Sept. when i arrived at Rooms Negril i was informed that the hotel had no generator and could not accommodate us. They transferred us to other superclubs of our choice 4 free. We choose Hedo II n Negril, an AL free of charge. I had a blast free food drinks party and whatever u want. I've been 2 Hedo lll several times though so i know what Hedo is about. it always good sometimes to stay at a chain resort affiliates.
While at Rooms Negril we walked around the area. It was really nice all rooms have a flat screen tvs, the gym nice and up to date. The hotel is right on the beach, the pool area is nice as well. The guards at the front gate are rude until they found out your a paying guest. I figure their just protecting the resort. The resort is in a great area walking distance to everything food, clubs, bars, rentals. I would recommend Rooms Negril to everyone even though i did not stay there :)

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sexydreaaa

Reviewed May 31, 2009

My husband and I stayed here in March 2009. Loved the beach here! Better than I expected. We felt safe and comfortable our entire stay. I would definitely stay here again! The rooms are clean, the bed was comfortable, and the beach was only a few steps away down a nice walkway. There is an electronic safe in the room and you choose the combination. The grounds are kept spotless by the gardener, Gardenia. He is very friendly and always smiling, and very helpful. The office staff were helpful and polite. The young lady at the desk was always willing to talk with us. We stopped by the office every day, asked various tourist questions, and used the internet service a few times. The manager was helpful and friendly, too. She is a beautiful, tall lady, and looks like she could be a model. We had the continental breakfast every morning. I always had fresh pineapple, papaya, toast, jelly and orange juice. The pool was beautiful and always clean. I never did swim in it, preferring to swim in the ocean. It was perfect for swimming and it never had large waves. I thought the beach was very clean, of course, there are always people who will litter anywhere you go. I never did see any shady characters sitting by the wall. The security at the front of the hotel always asked your name and room number whenever you left the hotel and again when you returned. There was always a taxi available inside the grounds, and the drivers were friendly.

Our trip was for rest and relaxation, and we don't need all the frills of the fancy, all inclusive places. Our usual day was to get up and have the continental breakfast (the breakfast area looks out over the ocean, so beautiful). Then, my husband would spend some time tanning in the sun while I walked down the beach taking tons of pictures. Long, relaxing walks ...... I always felt safe. Naturally, there are vendors all along the beach trying to sell something. A simple "no thanks" was all that was needed. It didn't bother me, I am very easy going; but, after eight days of vacation my husband was starting to get aggravated by it. After my solo morning walk, I would come back to Rooms, and then my husband and I would walk up and down the beach until we were ready for lunch. I highly recommend "The Sweet Spot." It is across the street from Rooms and about a one to two minute walk. The food was always excellent and the price was very reasonable. Great Jamaican food!!! After lunch, we would usually lay around in the sun or swim until time for supper. Every night would find us out on the beach watching the sunset, every night was a GORGEOUS sunset!

Did we have any problems while there? Only one, we didn't have any hot water one day out of the eight days we stayed there. Disappointing ... I love hot showers! But, water in Jamaica is not nearly as cold as it is here in Kentucky, so it was tolerable. Would I stay here again, definitely! The location is great, the beach and ocean are wonderful, and the price was great. I was soooooo stressed out from a year of hard work, and I was so relaxed by the time our vacation ended that I hated to leave.

I'll try to post a review of the places we ate and a few of our activities in another post, this one is already long enough.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank chara55
Reviewed May 29, 2009

Perhaps the visitors that wrote previous reviews tipped a lot or something.

Although some of the staff were nice, everyone at the front desk was horrible. I booked through US Airways Vacations and when I arrived they did not have my reservation and charged my credit card instead. The next day (Friday) they still didn't have it worked out and charged my credit card for the weekend. This whole time they were quite nasty to me and I've traveled a lot and was trying to be really nice to them.

On Monday I spent 1/2 hour on the phone with US Airways in the lobby and they finally fixed all the problems. Then my friend who was staying with me fell outside the lobby door and the guy behind the desk didn't even try to help - one of the guests did assist. The guy behind the desk was RUDE about her fall!

When I was ready to leave my pre-paid airport shuttle did not arrive. The front desk was MEAN and actually charged me to call the shuttle after I had waited for 1/2 hour!!

I also saw several other guests treated poorly and talked to my dive guide who said they have that reputation. I understand Island lifestyle, but not being RUDE and unresponsive to guests!!!

Rest of the staff were okay. Hotel is what you pay for - good location, okay rooms, nice beach, etc...

I would NEVER stay here again though!!!

Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank combatchris
Reviewed May 18, 2009

This was not our first choice for a hotel, but other friends had stayed at Rooms and said we would love it. We were very impressed with the property. Our room was spotless. Plenty of towels and beach towels. The front desk staff is not very friendly. We had a problem with our room - no hot water and it took talking to the manager to get us moved to another room. Our new room had a broken hand held shower head and we did report it to the lady who cleaned our room. At check out time the front desk tried to charge us $50.00 for the shower head, but once again we got the manager involved and we were not charged. If you have any problem with your room - report it immediately to the manager, her name is Senna?? not sure of the spelling. The food is average- didn't eat at the hotel- since we have been to Negril several times before we have our favorites on the beach. We did take advantage of the continental breakfast every morning-had drinks and some snacks at the bar. You can get a day pass to Hedo for $150.00- this hotel is owned by the owners of Hedonism. Take advantage of the spa- my massage was wonderful! The best waitress is Denise. Security is excellent.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2009

we stayed at rooms negril vacation week. rooms were cleaned everyday. we had no problems with towels. we were on the second floor in the second block from the the road. the only really noisy night was the night roots bamboo had a show going on, but with the a.c .on is was doable, we met gardenia[ the gardener], who upon request cut us down 2 coconuts, chilled them, and then cut the top off in our presence and placed a straw in each for sipping. this was my grand daughter's first visit to jamaica, so she was eager for anything that the jamaicans do, eat, etc. and that we do not have at home. we did not have to walk far for anything we needed. many restaurants and activities in walking distance. the continenetal breakfast is just ok. we ate there twice. the waitstaff and cook were very friendly. we ate supper one night at rooms. we had the rasta pasta. we were pleasantly surprised how good it was! good value all around! the pool was clean and swimmable. only thing they need is a little thatched roof bar with specials, happy hour. etc. they missed the boat on that.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2009

Good location, on a great beach. Nice pool..... Continental breakfast was good... cereal, toast, muffins, fruit, fresh milk, jam/butter.... Coffee was good. Room was good, 2nd floor, newly renovated, clean, great bathroom..... good choice!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2009

This was my first time staying at Rooms Negril. First and foremost, I was impressed with the friendliness of the staff. After having suffered the aloofness from the staff at Rooms Ocho Rios, I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted with a smile!
Positive:
• The location was great. You can walk on the beach to so many different places to eat. I would also recommend “Sweet Spice” restaurant. I’m not sure of the address, but it’s a brief ride from the hotel. I had a lobster dinner (GREAT!) for under $20 US. Also, Rooms is in close proximity to Jamaican nightlife including Alfred’s Ocean Palace and Bourbon Beach. I was in Negril during Easter, and there was always some sort of show.
• The staff was great. I had a problem with the safe in my room. In fact, I went back to my room to get money to pay for a drink. I couldn’t open the safe. I called the front desk to tell them of the problem. It took about an hour, but three people, including a lovely young lady named Sina, made sure that the (defective) safe was replaced! They even paid for the drink and my dinner.
• The beach was wonderful. After a light breakfast, the beach was just a few steps away.
Needs Improvement
• The beach needs to be groomed. Cigarette butts and plastic cups littered the beach. I saw the souvenir merchants raking up some of the seaweed early in the morning, but not much else.
• There is nothing much to do at Rooms. I know that the price reflects the lack of “extras,” but a few more daily activities might make the stay more memorable.
• The hustlers on the beach. Again, I know that people have to make money, but the same guys approached me each day, albeit in a polite manner. I was asked if I wanted to buy “mushrooms,” ganja, hair braiding, orange juice, and cigarettes. These same people saw me every day for 7 days and asked the same question, Do you want ...?”
In retrospect; I must say that I got what I paid for. I love the beach and was content to lie out in the sun, and swim when I got too hot. Other people may crave more excitement. Rooms is definitely not that place. If you want reasonable accommodations in Negril with no frills, then Rooms is the place.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple