“Spacious, clean and accessible” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril

SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril
Ranked #32 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Kent, Washington
“Spacious, clean and accessible”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

We've stayed here twice (2009 & 2014). It is well situated, just get out by the beach and stroll on the 7 mile white sand beach full of restaurants, bars, shops and hotels offering services.

People at the hotel keep track of you every time you leave and reenter the premises. Nice size pool, continental breakfast included with optional menu at extra charge (they do take CC in case you don't carry cash), tasty breakfast, but do not expect american size meals, they are normal to small portions. They used to have buffet breakfast, not anymore. Beach towels are gone by 8am, you can always request more if you ask the maid, they keep big bags of it in the back room behind the gym. Gym available for a fee. Rooms come with 1 double bed(Ok)+1 single (Ok)+sofa-bed(not so comfortable). Safe included, no extra charge. No fridge but you can rent one I think for $8 or $12 a day, not worth it, just get a bucket of ice and done. Rooms have AC, so keep it cold during the day, that will be enough. We bought patties one night for breakfast and stayed good until next morning.

Do not take the taxi in there, just take the local taxi outside on the main street, if you are sharing, make sure the taxi has the logo outside their car, you pay 120 jamaicans dollars (=US$1.20) from there to the roundabout. From the roundabout to the cliffs is a different and extra fee. I think is J$130.
Each room comes with a patio/deck. Laundry facility available to do it your self. The lobby has 2 old desk computers with free internet access, limited time usage to allow other guests to use them. If you want to take a tour or a ride to and from Montego Bay Airport you can always contact Kenny (876-384-1371), he's been the best one we ever had, and we will contact him next time we go. He is fun, helpful, the best tour guide….he made our stay/tour to be the best part of our trip. In one day we requested several places to go on our tour and he knew there were other places to visit within the route, he offered them for the same price, we did Peter Tosh's house/grave, Black river, YS Falls, Appleton State and Pelican Bar. We made it to every single place and he even made sure our destinations were open by the time we were arriving, i.e. our last location was the Pelican Bar, it was about to close, he called them and those guys waited for us since there is a boat involved to take from shore to a mile in the sea where this bar is located…it is a must go, make sure when you get back from the boat to spray your self fully with OFF for mosquitoes, they ate us alive in 2 seconds from shore to the taxi (just a couple steps in). The road is rough since it rains a lot and the government doesn't patch them all right away, be patient. The bonus was driving by the bamboo street, beautiful!.

Room Tip: Ask at front if they can give you an upgrade (sometimes if you say you are celebrating something, th...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Just got back from our third trip to Negril. First time not doing AI resort. I believe the Seven Mile Beach is one of the perfect places NOT to do AI. We have stayed at a Rui Club and at Couples Swept Away. Rooms is a perfect location. We booked through Negril Onestop. No issues there, but we did request 2nd floor Oceanfront with balcony. We did not get a balcony, which was a real bummer. I don't see why they don't put balconies on Bldg. 9?! Rooms and facility is very clean and safe. Staff very friendly except front desk, not very welcoming or helpful. The only negatives would be not having WIFI, no soap/shampoo in rooms and the loud music until 2ish. But all in all far better than the two previous mentioned resorts we have stayed in Negril
The hotel had excellent jerk chicken at lunch time on the beach for $5 with $2 Red Stripe. Man comes by around 11ish with spicy or mild jerk pork for $5 in a cooler, great with the $1.40 beer next door at Myrna's Convenience Store, which keeps the beer in freezers!
Alfred's on the beach was our favorite place to eat our evening meals. Good prices with great sunset view.
Another good place to visit is 3 Dives on the cliffs. Caught Breezy to take us up there for $12. Awesome jerk chic and red snapper. Very reasonable with Jamaican entertainment when the sun sets. Put it on your bucket list if you've already been to Rick's. Not a tourist trap like Rick's.
So much fun to go to the roadside and buy your meal from the Jerk stands set up. Never a bad one had yet!
Bourbon Beach down near the end of the beach has the best $3 rum punches! Great wait staff there and your chance to mingle a little more with the locals. Security staff there makes sure you are safe.
We packed a couple of soft sided coolers to keep Myrna's beer cool in as we walked the beach from one end to the other. You can definitely feel the difference in atmosphere when you get near the AI resorts. Much more relaxed the farther away you get from those areas.
Took two new excursions. Went to Booby Cay on glass bottom boat with Desmond's with Capt. Mike and First Mate Ralph. We were the only two people on the boat. Snorkeling for a while then went over to island and watched them cook the lobster over primitive grill. Awesome! We had the biggest lobster on the grill too! Red Stripe all we could drink too! $50
Rented a hobie cat with Shane, down by one of the Merrils for $60 for two hours. Well worth it.
We would stay at Rooms again, but will check a couple of other places if we can't get oceanfront with balcony.
Not for everyone if you are not comfortable with being approached, but it's their way of life and if you show respect they will respect you! Went to mass on Saturday nite on roadside easy walk across from Coco LaPalm.
Got the real feel of Jamaica this time and love it even more!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ioweegena
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Renovated hotel with beautiful up to date rooms and everyday conveniences. Coffee makers, hairdryer, fan/ac , tv/cable. Wow, i was impressed how clean our room was and how nice the shower/bathroom was. Get up early and save a chair with yr towel and then go enjoy breakfast while looking at the crystal blue water. Best part of staying here is the tiny wall that keeps the solicitors out so you can lay there and enjoy the sounds and views. Security is fantastic too that i felt safe enough to leave my beach bag on my chair while i take a quick dip in the water. Located right in the middle of seven mile beach.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Traveluva2013
Cornwall, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Rooms Negril for 11 days in Feb. It was our 5th year. It just feels like home. Beginning with Trisha (security) at the front, Petrac taking care of grounds, Gem taking care of business or anything else that needs taking care of, or Ms Brown at the beach entrance, these people are great, and always make us feel like family. This is Jamaica, there are usually "situations", continental breakfast changes daily, lack of coffee, restaurant closes early, lack of hot water, shortage of towels....but at Rooms, they do what they can to accomodate. These 4 people mentioned above, go out of their way to take care of their guests. They are what keeps us coming back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank JoAnne B
new york
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed here on 2/15-2/19. I was in Negril for a quick trip to meet up with my BF and her hubby staying @ Rondel Village. I arrived around 2pm, my room was not ready, the girls at the front desk were very pleasant and they held my luggage, case of water and things I had picked up at the Hi-Lo while I went to visit my friends. 2 hrs later I went back and my room was ready. Before I had arrived, I had emailed the manager and requested a top floor, being that I was traveling alone I felt safer and they honored my request along with a refrigerator in my room. I paid for Wi-Fi but service was so spotty I just got a refund after about 1hr.The room was very basic, nice updated bathroom, comfy bed, plenty of closet space and a safe. The ground were kept very clean. I did not eat there so I cannot comment on the restaurant. I was happy I brought my own beach towels because they were very hard to come by. Overall all, I would stay here again,great price, great location, it is in the middle of everything. Also if you are a lobster fan and are in Jamaica during lobster season, I highly recommend purchasing the frozen lobsters in the MBJ airport, they travel well and are very good ;)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank deeannjohn
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed here a little over a year ago with friends and this is one of the most recently renovated hotel in the area and in its category. Now if you know anything about Negril you will know that there are a few large corporate hotels like Riu, Sandals, Hedonism, etc... Towards the east end of the 7 mile beach which are all inclusive and for those people who just want to enjoy the beautiful beach but don't care to leave the hotel. Then you have all these smaller hotels in the heart of the the 7 mile beach which is what the island and the town is really all about... Some of these smaller hotels can be just down right scary in terms of cleanliness and security and some can be an absolute gem. This hotel is a gem. It could be a little cleaner because I work in a hotel and notice the details that he average traveler will not but it is pretty good.. The rooms are kept nicely and it seems to be recently renovated. Nice tiled bathrooms, big flat screen TV and plush and comfortable bedding... Again it probably will not be exactly what you would find in a 4-5 star hotel but for what I. Was expecting for the price I was pleasantly surprised.. 24hr security made us feel safe and they have they have their own chairs and umbrellas on the beach. Service available throughout... Staff was accommodating and the vibe wS welcoming.. Breakfast was not included but was not expensive and it was good.. Place is close to everything so one could say... Walk to Negril tree house for breakfast on that upper deck that stares out into that beautiful body of oh so blue water while you eat.... Ememememmmm... I will definitely stay at Rooms again.

Room Tip: Rooms are all nice but book ocean front rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Souloaded
Kenora, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

We travelled to Jamaica, January 17 2014 to the 28th. The check-in at Rooms was very good along with the ride from the airport. Don't buy the beer at the airport @ $600 each. The van stopped at a local store and we picked up beer there for $200 each.
The rooms were very good, clean and the air conditioner worked very well. We were somewhat disappointed with a single & double bed, as we were hoping for a king bed. They did move us after two days to an upper floor with the king bed. The breakfast provided by Rooms is all over the map! Sometimes there would be cereal, some times there was none. But every morning they provided some fruit toast & coffee. What more do you need. We are water people, so we really enjoyed the Negril beach, for swimming, snorkeling and long walks. The water is so clear!

Room Tip: Make sue you ask for a King bed when you book your trip, or a single & double bed if that is wha...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rivvy2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
Foote Prints on the Sands Hotel
#14 of 84 in Negril
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,063 reviews
Fun Holiday Beach Resort
Travellers Beach Resort

Been to SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril? Share your experiences!