“OUR FAVORITE PLACE”

Ranked #30 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Peterborough, Canada
“OUR FAVORITE PLACE”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

this feb will be our 5th straight year going to Rooms, excellent security, excellent staff including the 2 pool guys and housekeeping gals, and Mis Grant the manager, great location, cheap beer next door at Sunnyside, great food and soup from the jerk barrel guy right across the street , the free breakfast sucks, we will be there in feb, soon come

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank rob c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Belleville, Canada
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were 3 women travelling to Negril for a family wedding. Our stay at Rooms occurred during a week of daily torrential rain storms, so unfortunately we spent more time in the room than we had anticipated. If the weather had been better, we would have spent more time in the sun!

This is a perfect location on the beach. Hotel Security is tight and the wall along the beachfront helps keep persistent vendors off the property. It is a blessing to be able to enjoy the beach with being hassled. Security staff Ann and Sharon are friendly and helpful. The grounds are very well maintained, Lovely sitting areas and nice pool, and many lounge chairs. Fitness center and laundry on site.

The Reggae cafe/bar restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch. The free continental breakfast consists of fruit and typical baked goods, coffee or tea. There is an option of cereal. Juice is available if you request it. The hot breakfast is reasonably priced and we found it adequate.. choice of Omelettes, eggs, bacon, fish, sausages, etc. Lunch menu offers Jamaican fare. It is average quality food; we like to try new things. The bar offers cold beer, not impressed with the other drinks. The daiquiri ( two for one) were really not good at all, at any price.

We stayed in a "family room", which is not any more spacious than a regular room, they have just added a pull-out couch. The couch was very worn and rather dirty looking. It gave a rather negative first impression. Overall, the room was a bit tired. However, there is an in-room safe for valuables at no charge, a large closet and a good sized dresser. We never turned the tv so don't know if it works well. The air conditioner tends to be a bit tricky to regulate. Sometimes we found the room too cold.

The bathroom was nicely updated, better than the bathrooms at Sandals resort!! Although the lack of hot water was a bother. For two days we took cold showers because there was no warm water. On the third day, after adjusting the shower head, there was hot water. There never was any warm water at the sink, however.

There is free internet at the front lobby, but could use some IT support. The computer is full of spam ads and continuously runs microsoft warnings and when I attempted to use it, the language preference had been changed to Russian. (?) It is very slow (likely because of all the garbage on the cpu) and takes forever to use.

If you want to use your room phone, or in room wi-fi, you must pay either a $50 cash or $100 credit card authorization. The wi-fi costs $15 per day, and works quite well. For each telephone call, either from the front desk, or in-room, a $2 charge applies.

The shortcomings are not significant, and I recommend this hotel. The price is reasonable and the staff do try to accommodate the guests. For a beach vacation it is great! The location is the best. The room is tired, but is more than adequate. There are so many restaurants and mini marts, shopping and activities nearby. Try Sweet Spot fried (fry) chicken -- excellent!!

There was loud music nearby that lasted til 2 am. A set of earplugs are a handy item to pack.

Please note: Women travellers need to be warned that the taxi drivers and men, in general, will constantly harass you and it is very scary when taxis pull right up to you at night. In Negril, women cannot walk anywhere without being hassled and hit on. Equally annoying on the beach, as on the street. For this reason, I will not be returning to Jamaica, without a male escort.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank moirabelle
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Honest opinions only.
I stayed at this hotel from 8/27-8/30/13. I had an ocean front room, 2604 and the view was amazing. My balcony had a bed, a small table and a couple of chairs. I must have sat out there anytime I was not in the room. This is the perfect location, not too far from good food and music. The price is great. The bathroom was very nice but I only had hot water on the first night (first and only downfall to this hotel). I would definitely recommend this room to anyone, dont believe any negative hype here if you find any. They have 24 hour security who you can tell took their job seriously. We were going to stay at Sheilds down the road but was turned off by the front property and immediately fell in love with this one. Not much to say about the hotel except If I go back to negril this is the only hotel I would stay at. Location is great, price is great, free breakfast was so-so (toast, jelly, coffee, tea, fruit, pastry) but 1 its free, 2 its "continental"-what do you expect and 3 food is so cheap on the beach why would you bother or even make breakfast a concern???
Thats just me i guess, I had the breakfast 2 times along with fried fish and festivals I bought next door. All around I give them a 10+.
*I forgot there is a pool which looked great but why bother when you have the whole ocean to play with*

Room Tip: you will be missing out if you choose a garden room over the oceanfront
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank latosha e
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Just returned stayed 7 nights at ROTB, let me assure you that this is my Honest Opinion of ROTB. Taxi ride was $40 pp roundtrip booked online with Pryce great service, a 75-90 min. ride from Mobay which allows you to see how the locals live as you go through the different parish. Hotel is located directly on the beach pay the upgrade and request a Oceanfront room the view is so Amazing,However, I must warn you there's a bar next door that plays live music and yes you can hear it from your room during the night. This was their slow season not crowded at all so check-in was a breeze.

The room was very clean, bathroom is updated with lots of room. Bed not so comfortable, air conditioned was a lifesaver because of the humidity. The shower is very large the only problemis was the water was cold with low pressure, of course you complain and they tell you that maintenance will take a look...........yeah right.

The Hotel is truly banking on its location, because the restaurant food is not good and DO NOT waste your time on the Continental Breakfast (stale rolls,old fruit, cold coffee which was not blue mountain...this is Jamaica right & Pricey! I went to the front desk and complained no manager on duty. The Maid Service was great the entire time. You can request extra towels which was no problem (due to the slow season).

No need to fret about food there are several great Restaurants within walking distance:
Ms. Coletta's Restaurant- located across the street serves the best Jamaican Food on the Island average cost $6 per meal.
CoCo LaPalm Hotel- has very good food( average/high prices)10 min. walk
Alfred's- is so over rated food and service just ok. 5 min. walk
During the Evening there's a Guy who sales jerk chicken/soup (across from the Hotel) a big hit with the locals.
Rockhouse- located Westend of the Island a $10 taxi ride has great food, go watch the sun set so romantic.
Juicy Patty-Downtown Negril is a must average cost $2 us per patty ($5 US Taxi Ride).
Maureen's Bar-located next door to the hotel is a must visit she makes the best Rum Punch on the Island $3 US & $1.50 US red stripe beer, great place to hangout and meet people. There's also a convenient store next to bar with very cheap prices, water, beer, chip fruit and Rum.
It's also a good idea to exchange your money, the locals get very confused with US Dollars.

The 7 mile beach is one of the most beautiful beaches that exist. There's never a dull momemt on the beach. no need to worry each Hotel has a security guard on staff to protect you from the locals who walk the beach selling fruit, hats, patties, coconuts, you name they have it. The fruit/coconut water a great buy. There's lots of nightlife on the beach all within walking distance.

Overall ROTB has one of the best locations on the beach. I didn't like the fact that they charged for everything including local calls.Hotel will offer Taxi Service, walk across the street and get taxi, I think that they spilt the profit by overcharging the Guests.

Room Tip: Request an Oceanfront Room with Blacony
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank WorkHardPlayHard081
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is my second time staying at Rooms and will go back . The rooms are clean and the Customer service is Top Notch .I took my sister with me she has a disability and uses a walker . They were honest with me when I called, they were not fully equipped for this . We decided to go anyway and everyone was very helpful and did their best to make us comfortable .If you are looking for Luxry then this isnt the place but if you are looking for a feel of the real Jamaica relaxed atmosphere and friendly people then this is the place to go !!.
My only observation from this and past experience is that they need more
servers at peak times in the reasturant . The food is hit or miss not consistent and the continental breakfast was not much to speak of . However there are other places to eat close by

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank pgirl2013
Medellin, Colombia
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I just got married at Rooms Negril on July 11, 2013 after traveling around the island for a month and it was perfect in every way!
What stands out the most for us is Ms Grant, the manager of the resort. Ms Grant who went above and beyond to make sure our small ceremony was perfect...and it was! That morning we had rain and she allowed for the ceremony to be postponed until we had clear skies. When I came out it was beautifully decorated with flower petals, bamboo lanterns, flowers and a pretty arch also accented with flowers. Ms Grant made sure everything was perfect, which it was and she also took personal photos of the ceremony on my camera for us!
Prior to the wedding, I sent her a million emails and she was always quick to reply and very informative, which was very appreciated. Everything was so stress free...thanks to Ms Grant!
In regards to the resort, this place is definitely the best value for the money on the beach. My husband and I agreed after looking at all of the properties on the beach..Rooms is the best one! The resort is extremely well maintained, the rooms are furnished even better than some of the other famous all inclusive I have been to. The staff are INCREDIBLE, so friendly and helpful! The resort is in a perfect location as has some of the best beachfront in the whole place. There are so many food options around that I am so glad we were not locked into an all inclusive deal. However, the breakfasts were a perfect amount and start to the day.
Also...if you are doing any tours or activities see Nash next door who is a wonderful guy with tourists and gives the best prices (we checked them all). Furthermore, Maureen's on the other side of the resort is one of the best beach bars in terms of prices and company!
You will not be disappointed with your experience here...Best value, best accommodations and best staff in all of Negril!!!
We are already looking forward to our return!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank DanielleCote
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were here for our honeymoon in June 2013. This isn't the best time to visit Jamaica as the fruit isn't in season and good seafood is expensive to come by. I'll try to keep my review of Rooms separate from our experience in Negril.

Rooms was a hotel that seemed totally fine having mediocre amenities because they could make up for it with the fantastic view. Situated right on the famous 7-Mile Beach, the white sand and clear blue water was incredible. The hotel security was fantastic and a joy to speak with. They knew more about the surrounding area than the front desk. The security also did a great job keeping vendors away and if you wanted to do business, they'd make sure you paid a fair price without getting swindled.

The continental breakfast was lacking. You had the choice of paying for a better one, but was pricey and still lacking. We ended up finding our favorite breakfast down the beach at Kuyaba.

Overall, we couldn't complain to much about the room. We expected luxury but our expectations weren't quite met. Most of our distaste came from lofty expectations, but having a shower that closes all the way isn't an unrealistic expectation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MandEm622
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
Foote Prints on the Sands Hotel
Fun Holiday Beach Resort
Rooms Ocho Rios
Rooms Ocho Rios
#14 of 35 in Ocho Rios

Been to SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril? Share your experiences!