“Love this hotel”

SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril
Ranked #40 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I just have to say I love this hotel, it is clean clean clean and extremely safe with excellent security. I will definately be back. Rooms has the best location on the beach and they only draw back is that they do not have free Wifi which I hope will be added soon. Can't wait to return. Pull up and chase lounge chair under the palm trees and wait for the vendors to come with everything from fresh fruit, to jerk pork and patties. Myras convenience store is a next door and carries cold drinks, snacks and bottles of alcohol. So many restaurants and many nightly shows, some of them free. Beach and swimming is fantastic. Negril is my favorite destination just love it !!!

Room Tip: Best hotel on the beach for the price. Ask for a waterfront room then you can see the stunning suns...
5  Thank Blue_eyez_11

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I recently stayed at Rooms on the Beach in Negril for almost two weeks for a mission trip. I stayed in a room all alone and I felt so safe day and night. It was a very chill place to stay and I felt very comfortable. The property was so clean and well kept. I was so very impressed with the Hotel Manager, Ms. Grant, her beautiful Assistant Manager and staff from the front desk (Tanisha and Shellian), the bartenders, groundsman (Nical), poolman (Petrick) and housekeeping, of course. They ALL were so warm, attentive, polite and very professional. I especially want to thank the security team...OMG...They were so on point with securing the property from day to night and front to back. They were so overprotective of me, I felt like a little child...lol. Overall, I must say that I really really appreciated all of them, especially Trisha. She really made me feel like family. The location was great!! You can find food just about anywhere and live music at several spots on the beach. There are locals who come through selling everything from lobster, fruit, patties to jewelry, massages and more.... Don't be afraid or panic, they are just trying to make a living and feed their families. If you are not interested, just say "No Thank You" and they will keep it moving. Maybe, next time you see them, you will be hungry or something...SMILE!!! Again, thank you so much Ms. Grant for meeting all of my needs and making my stay at Rooms a smooth one!!! I WILL SEE YOU ALL AGAIN VERY VERY SOON!!!

Peace!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank Queendom1205
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Well I stayed at Rooms Negril from Sept 9th to the 19th 2012. I went with my girlfriend and we stayed for 11 days . This place was truly an amazing surprise!, Right on the beach is exactly where we were. The hotel grounds are not the biggest but this is what makes it so good. The rooms were clean everyday most of all the rooms I saw had been redone and same goes for the bathrooms which was really nice. I didn't care much but my girlfriend love it ! They offered to upgrade our room to a ocean view for 10$ more a night but we passed on the offer, we were more than happy to take the room we were given ;)

As for basic expectations:
- no fridge , but you can rent one about 8$ a day
- internet, is a rip off for wireless, but the hotel offers free computer use in the lobby ( take a right on the beach and go next door to Enjoy the VIBES, free wifi for customers, great music and just a great place to catch some shade from the burning sun.
-Night life; being in the center of Negril, go left or right on the beach and you will come to something that will grab your interest.
-Cool Fact: the people who own Rooms Negril actually own the Hedonism 2 resort, so if you are ready for a little walk or a short taxi ride up the beach, Hedonism 2 will let you visit and use the grounds of the hotel. This is good for those of you curious about the nudist resort in Jamaica. I went naked for about 5 mins and felt weird hahahahaah, just something Im not used to I guess at my age of 29. but it is pretty cool to enjoy the vibes all the naked guests bring ;) hahaha

This Hotel is in the middle of everything that Negril has to offer. Once on the beach you can go left or right find anything from little stores on the beach for cheap beer and stuff ;) munchies;) and so on hahaha. just further west you have the cliffs that begin, Ricks is a short 10 mins taxi from the entrance of Rooms, oh and there are plenty of cooler places than ricks along those cliff, Try Xtabi , great food free wifi, caves and cliff, really cool place one of a kind.

Anyways overall this hotel was great, the security were always on the ball, not letting anything bother or worry you. The beach front area is clean all the time and the continental breakfast was just perfect.

Tips: bring a little bit of bug off, for those pesky sand flies that come out at night. I much prefer those sand flies then planning in sand that was sprayed with pesticides.
Honestly the beach area around Rooms Negril was by far the best beach area in Negril, further up the beach where all the bigger name hotels are, the water was full of weeds and smelt stagnant , because they added sand to the beach it inter fears with the natural current that allows the water to move properly with the tide.
Rooms was amazing we would do it again in a flash. I will be returning to Rooms Negril 100%.
All the staff was more than helpful and so friendly.
Just Remember to be patient and Relax, Remember you are on vacation. Ya Mon !!!

Room Tip: 2nd floor looking on to the hotel grounds will give you a great view of the ocean and of all the ama...
6  Thank MK-likes-to-Travel
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed at rooms on the beach and had a wonderful stay. the Management and staff were very professional, warm and friendly. I was very impressed with the maintenance of the property, and the cleanliness of the rooms. The cost was affordable.
I will certainly return and also recommend this as a destination.

6  Thank Dennis W
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My family and I recently stayed at Rooms on the Beach in Negril for one night {09/01-09/02}. It was a total of 5 of us so we had to get two rooms, which was not a problem.
The cost for one room for one night was $80 total my father had to pay $93 total because there was a $13 fee for my 5 year old sister. We stayed in rooms 1402 and 1403 which were side by side.
Things that I loved about this hotel were:
1.The bathroom was super cute and the shower was amazing.
2.There was AC which worked and the room was ice cold which was great b/c it was super hot outside.
3.On the beach!!!!
4.Continental breakfast was great.
5.Staff was great.
6.Price was right!!
7. Nice flat screen on wall
8. NO BUGS
9. Nice pool
Things that could have been better but a real big deal:
1.FREE WIFI!!!
But in the lobby you can use computer and internet for free which was okay, so like I said not a big deal since we were able to computer in the lobby. If you want wifi it's $15 a day.
2.No clocks in rooms.
But I had my cell phone and I was on vacation we needs to know the time {lol}
3.Pillows were flat as heck
I would like them to get better pillows but it was not a huge deal but would have been nice if there were better pillows
4.Oh the walls were thin as paper which might be a problem for some it was not for me b/c
A. It was my family next door and
B. It reminded me of my apartments and I am to sleep through anything.
Overall this was a super cute hotel and I WILL STAY THERE AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank cathbrown98
Reviewed August 8, 2012

While I was swimming in the sea, I hit probably a jelly fish, which turn part of my arm and left belly into red and terribly itchy specially at the first couple of minutes. As expected I got out of the sea immediately and ran to the closest hotel staff (beach security), asking for help. She told me to go to the front desk.

When I went to the front desk, the staff on duty told me that their emergency kit was empty, and she told me that I should take care of myself. When I explained that I am a visitor to the country and don't know where to go, and I insisted that I need emergency to be arranged by them, she brought a half full emergency kit; with nothing special, but with hydrogen peroxide and bandage. Moreover she did not know what tpo do, she kept on saying she was sorry, but couldn't do anything since such emergencies happen quite rarely (it wouldn't called emergency it were happening all the time) and did not know what to do.

Arter all the 30-45 min of hurry, I started to feel less itchy and I preferred to get calm in my room, rather than trying to request the front office staff.

I really can not believe; how can such an ignorance happen!

So, I hope they would be prepared. As for the message to the customers, do yr best not to need for any emergency; otherwise you are alone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Aydin_2011
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is the third time I have tried to write my comments on this location with Tripadvisor but they refuse to post my comments.

In short stay at another location and please read what other have written regarding how dirty the place was and is addition how poor management is regarding any concerns with any feed back. This place is a hole in the wall that in the States would be closed down by the health Dept.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo