SuperClubs Rooms on the Beach Negril
$160
$109
$55
  • Pool
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$91
$58
Hedonism II(Negril)
$639
  • Breakfast included
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
$129
$125
$484
$469
Bookit.com
$94
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
$64
$62
TripAdvisor
All reviewscontinental breakfastsweet spotlow wallhot waterice machinepattiesitalian cafecaptain mosesocean frontbanana breadjerk chickensugar caneoceanfront roomnice bathroomhotel propertyper daysmall hotel
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed at Rooms on the beach earlier this year in May with my husband. We stayed here for 7 nights, I wasn’t too sure what to expect as it was so cheap! We paid for the standard garden room which is the only option and were given a beach front room with amazing views. The room was just a plain simple room but was very clean and serviced daily, the bathroom is nice and has been updated recently. We didn’t get up early enough for the free breakfast but they serve food all day and the prices are quite cheap! The restaurant food was really nice, we ate here most of our stay (i recommend the Festival bread and ackee dip as a snack-very nice!) The hotel is in a great location, close to everything with lots of night life around.. Margaretville is about 10 minutes walk down the beach which also has very nice food and regular concerts. The security here was great, i was sitting on the concrete wall and had some boys come up to me and she told(yelled) them to go away straight away and she also told people who came up to the concrete wall trying to sell you stuff to go away.. i recommend to sit behind the wall if you want some peace as on the beach there are a lot of people trying to sell you stuff and it can get annoying, just a simple 'no thanks' usually does the trick but don’t ignore them or be rude as they find this very disrespectful. The hotel also has a laundry which came in handy. The only thing I would complain about is the noise, Our room was on an ocean view so it was close to the restaurant, pool and beach, the workers in the restaurant could be quite loud in the mornings, it will be ok if you plan on getting up before 8am but I sleep in until at least 10 on holidays so it was a little bit annoying.. Overall I had a great stay here and would definitely recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SammyH444
Reviewed October 20, 2011

The most pleasant female security meets you at the gate upon arrival. I never got her name, but HR got it right when they hired her. This female security guard at the main entrance, really gets it. She understands hospitality completely. I would have to say she is the most pleasant of all the staff I came in contact with during my stay. I'm so sorry I never got her name. This is not to say that the other staff members were unfriendly, but this female security guard really stood out. She works the morning shift I believe as I arrived Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 3pm, check-in time to an unexpected welcome that was just not expected coming from a security guard.

The Hotel offers great value for your money. The water pressure in the room however was extremely low.Would I stay here again? Yes. Would I recommend it to others? Yes.

I failed however to bring to the attention of the staff about the VERY low water pressure coming from the shower, it slipped my mind. Sorry :-(

You definately, nonetheless, get value for your money.

Room Tip: Ask for the room over-looking the pool, but there's only one such room as this is a very small hotel, so I guess based on availabilty, you stand a slim chance on getting it.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank HDA_HumanDevelopment
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I just returned from vacation and enjoyed my stay at rooms. The only problem was the continental breakfast. It was horrible, they only allowed you one glass of juice and when we requested orange juice they said they were all out and only had pineapple juice. The toast was the best part of the breakfast. The hard boiled egg was cold I didn't even bother to crack the egg. One slice of limp banana bread was given which was ok. I believe the coffee and toast was the best part, my fiance couldn't help but laugh with the poor level of quality of the fruits, the 2 slices of pineapple were a pale yellow color and the slices were so thin you could see through them, and it was extremely sour. You would think in a tropical country fresh sweet fruit would be available. After our first experience with breakfast, we decided not to eat any meals from Rooms, which were overpriced and low quality. My fiance and I found a restaurant located directly across the street name Coleta's and the food was delicious and the price was great. For breakfast our cost was 700.00 which worked out to 350 JA dollars each and the same was for dinner.

The rooms were extremely clean, great linen, washrooms, Plasma TV, free internet access, overall I really enjoyed my stay at rooms. The staff at the front desk could of been more friendly to the locals and not overcharge them when the see locals with tourists visiting, which I experience. My fiance received the local rate of 75 US dollars per night. We decided to stay one more night and the lady at the front desk informed him the cost for one more night would be 100 US dollars. I was upset and knew she was increasing the price because she saw my fiance with a tourist and figured I had the money to pay, which I did. In the future make sure to book the number of nights your staying the first night to avoid any increases in the per night charge.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GingerNegril
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed at this hotel the last week in September we loved it the rooms are big and spacious the A/C really cools the room down, the staff are great and so welcoming, you get beach towels and a complimentory drink on arrival the room is cleaned every day and you are given big thick white towels each day. We had a garden view room which was nice, we upgraded three days into our stay to a beach front room it was fab the balcony is half the size with the view of the sea in the day and the awesome view at night we had many a romantic meal on our balcony. All rooms have a large wide screen TV. This is a fantastic hotel for the price we cannot fault it security is tight and absolutely no locals are allowed near the hotel let alone in it you are very protected. The hagglers on the beach are a pain but just ignore them or say no thanks and they will go away. Ladies Men will try and hit on you 'even though I was with my partner this did not stop them. All in all this a brilliant hotel, And the bathrooms are fab too with glass door showers and loads of hot water. There are a few local places to eat out sweet spot and Coletta's were our favourites. If you want burger king or KFC take a local taxi for £100 dollars pay no more that is the local price to get into town.I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We have booked our beach front room for ten nights for this coming xmas holidays.

Room Tip: The beach front rooms are the best they are bigger and of course your immediate view of the sea with a massive balcony, but that said all rooms are great.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mmorais8868
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We stayed for two weeks in September 2011. Cleanliness, sleep quality, location, rooms are excelent. In my opinion one of the best part of 7 - mile beach, maybe Couples Swept Away hotel has better beach. Huge disadventage of this hotel is Service. Only 4-5 people working there are helpful, the other rest are too lazy. Security guy who was supposed sit next to the beach keeping on eye on us, decided to sit all day long in the bar sending text messages. Belive me if you decide to cross the wall and sit straight on the beach, just be prepared for herasment. They' re gonne offer you everything, almost forcing you to buy it. I was told that I don't respect the natives because I refused to buy the beer for them! Don't buy the food in hotel. After our departure we received discount coupon. We had avarage dinner and we received the bill with hotel service and hotel tax included?????! I recommend to eat in local bars, very good food and prizes as well. One day we had a problem with breakfest, because it was so poor (we were told that our first continental breakfest was limited...) tand we had to go to the manager just like other people. After that incident went to normal. Somone won't like loud music in very close neighborhood. Generally it's rather good and nice hotel and I don't have any other complains except I have mentioned above.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends