“Top 3 Jerk chicken in Negril”
Review of 3 Dives Restaurant

3 Dives Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 220 Restaurants in Negril
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed April 23, 2009

We were told that this place was a rustic roadside Jerk joint with excellent food and ice cold beers. They are also located on the cliffs so you have nice views and optional diving after lunch.

The food was very delicious, plentiful and tasty. I thought the value for the portion size was really good and the jerk sauce was hot and good. After trying more than 20 Jerk stands I think 3 dives makes the top 3 in Jamaica.

Does anyone know why Red Strip Light is more expensive than Red Strip regular?

Write a ReviewReviews (1,175)

Reviewed April 1, 2009

Best jerk chicken in Negril with a great view and irie vibes!

1  Thank jamaicamax
Reviewed February 26, 2009

I've been to Negril 3 times. Each time we do our own thing. We are not big fans of all-inclusives. Read about 3 dives in a forum here on trip advisor, years ago. Also, I am a huge fan of the amazing race and wanted to see the restaurant were they had to chop onions. Every time we are in Negril we eat here 2 to 3 nights. The view, price, and most importantly the food is fantastic. My two small children can run around and not bother anyone. We've tried curried chix, shrimp and a few other things but the Jerk chicken keeps us coming back. 1/2 chicken with rice peas and calalou is delicious. Don't forget to put the house hot sauce on. Yummy. I will warn you though, be prepared to wait. It takes a while to cook a 1/2 chicken. It is so worth the wait.

2  Thank trvlnmom
Reviewed January 13, 2009

If you are in Negril, you must eat at 3 Dives. It is sooo worth the wait. I can't wait to go back.

2  Thank tonishasw
Reviewed November 1, 2008

My husband and I have been traveling to the West End of Negril for several years and we never leave without at least 2 visits to 3 Dives. Located just around one of the West End Road's most harrowing hairpin turns, 3 Dives is little more than a tin roofed shack that houses the cash register, attached to a small kitchen and front and rear grilling areas. The dining area consists of large, round wooden pick nick tables that you will definitely find yourself sharing with other parties on busy nights. 3 Dives has a gorgeous view of the water and cliffs for those staying on the beach who want to get a taste of the view from the West End, but don't have the stomach for the hassle of Rick's Cafe. 3 Dives has some of the best jerk sauce and chicken on the West End, it is smokey and crisp with plenty of spice and heat. I can also recommend the grilled lobster dinner. During lobster season I spent an enjoyable lunch watching the chef saw into lobsters in the rear kitchen area for easily 2 hours non-stop to prepare for the coming evening's business. As with everything in Negril, be prepared to wait for your meal even when they aren't busy and when they are the wait can be very long. The 3 Dives only has 2 semi-outdoor toilets (outhouses with flush toilets inside) and limited seating during peak times - usually the weekend during the busy season. However, I have had some of the best times in Negril at 3 Dives waiting for my food or table. It's one of the best places to eat where locals and tourists mix readily all in search of some of the best food around. Last year my husband and I were in town during the Negril Jerk Festival hosted at the 3 Dives and it was a huge event with bands and music. If you're in town during November, definitely check with someone about the Festival.

2  Thank gatvler