“Worth the trip”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Avon, North Carolina, United States
“Worth the trip”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Visited 3 Dives while staying at the RockHouse just up the road. We walked down during the day and just let our noses lead the way.
We were the only ones there for lunch at that time and after ordering just browsed around the grounds. Granted the service was not great but I don't expect great service while in Jamaica, I expect laid back and therefore go with the flow. The food was fine enhanced by the opportunity to sit on the cliffs and watch the world go bye.
When done with our meal, we looked high and low for the cook and eventually found her sound asleep in the back of the little checkout stand. This represents, to me, the reason I enjoy Jamaica, the no worries attitude.
I'll return to 3 Dives in the future and enjoy it once again. It presents the opportunity to eat good food with your fingers in a beautiful cliff side area. Is it my ideal of fine dining, no. But it does give you the opportunity to appreciate the more important things in life, basically just being alive.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Pete G

• Finnish first
New York City, New York
“Best Jerk in Negril”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband extensively researched the "best jerk chicken in negril" and this was it! The portions are massive and prices very reasonable. We came here for dinner and loved it so much we came back for lunch our last day. It can take a while for the food but we were in no rush. The flavors are intense and has a good kick to it so a nice cold Red Stripe is a good idea. Tip: if you go for lunch, their hours vary, it seems like they pick and choose what time to open so make sure to have your hotel call ahead or double check before you head over.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Rachel K
Virginia
“The Sauce of Death is fantastic!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stopped here for a bite to eat while on a pub crawl, and I'm glad we did! We all got jerk chicken and our driver recommended the Sauce of Death. Since he was slathering his chicken with it, so did we. WOW, that stuff is good but HOT! We had to scrape the extra sauce off and then it was perfect. We recommend dipping your chicken into the sauce and not dumping it on. We also saw a heated domino game while we were there, we love to watch the locals play. :) Yes, we'll be back!

Visited May 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Food Good Price”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Close to hotel. Good prices. Big portions. Service is kind of slow but that's Jamaica! Good band on Tuesday nights. Good choices of chicken, fish, shrimp or lobster.

Visited April 2014
New York, New York, United States
“Overpriced Food just enough for the tourist of Negril.”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I went to dinner here with friends during my last visit to Jamaica. The food was good but just okay and it was overpriced for what you can get at a local Jamaica spot. I always judge a place by it's ability to attract locals and there were no locals except the musicians. I would recommend this place for as a good location to watch the sun go down. Amazing sunset! But the food was just okay. FYI take bug spray.

• Visited April 2014