“perfect”

Judy House Cottages and Rooms
Ranked #1 of 51 Specialty Lodging in Negril
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 2, 2014

negril is beautiful. judy's place is beautiful. great location, short and cheap cab ride to beach and west end. during the time i was there there was cool backpacker vibe. groups of travelers congregating and going out together at night and then beautiful beaches in the day. perfect. sue was an amazing host and became a friend over the course of our trip. such a beautiful person.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Judyhousesue, Owner at Judy House Cottages and Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

You were beautiful too! A really lovely person to have around the place. Thanks for taking the time to write this nice review. So glad you enjoyed the 'backpacker vibe' and got the chance to go out together with other like minds from all over the world. The Judy House certainly attracts some wonderful people. I am so lucky! One Love xx

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I found the Judy house on the web and thought it looked just our sort of place. We weren't disappointed. The cottage was perfect and had everything we needed. The garden was a delight with beautiful plants, humming birds, little chameleons, a kitten and of course, Browning the guard dog. Sue could not have been more helpful and friendly and we felt very well looked after.
It was great to sit and chat to other guests in the garden or lol in a hammock in the shade... The perfect combination of privacy and communal space.

This may be budget accommodation but it has the character, friendliness and atmosphere that you will never find in a big hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sarah023

I am so glad the Judy house is so easy to find on the web and happy you thought it looked just your sort of place. I was very happy to have you staying here. Glad the cottage was perfect for you and had everything we needed. Love that you enjoyed the garden so much, my pride and joy! I will never get over the love of waking up to my garden too, with beautiful flowers, trees and fruits; humming birds, lizards; Ackee the mad kitten and Browning my very lovable guard dog. I was very pleased to help you enjoy your stay to the max, that is my job and I am very happy to hear you thought I did it well! One of my favorite activities too, is to sit and chat to guests in the garden eaaarly morning or in the evening. Thank you so much for writing your review, it means a lot that you have taken the time. I love the final comment "This may be budget accommodation but it has the character, friendliness and atmosphere that you will never find in a big hotel" Yeh mon! One Love at the Judy House Cottages & Backpackers Hostel".

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I came in for a quick weekend trip to visit friends and absolutely adore this little hostel on the hill. Sue was super friendly and accommodating and the rooms were immaculate. The vibe was very relaxed and I felt safe - and I walked to and from the hostel and restaurants nearby (not close, but definitely walkable). I highly recommend for any backpacker or traveler on a budget. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Melinda S

Loved your review and thanks so much for taking the time. The Judy House gets more and more long weekend travelers, which of course can be quite a cheap weekend from Florida with Airlines offering such great deals and the Judy House with some great prices on Backpackers rooms making instant friends or long weekend cottages, particularly for romantic moments. Looking forward to your return, One Love xx

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We heard about Judy House online and looking at the pictures it intrigued us. We went not knowing much about it, other than it being very reasonably priced. When we got there we were blown away by how beautiful it was: the whole place is a garden with small rooms, cottages and hammocks dotted throughout. It is a little oasis of calm in the hustle and bustle of Negril! It's wonderful to wake up to the sounds of nature instead of cars. Sue, who owns and runs the hostel, is very accommodating and welcoming. This is by far the best place to stay in Negril if you want a more real, less touristy, atmosphere. We cannot wait to go back again, and next time we will rent out one of the cottages which have a small kitchen etc; we looked around one of them and they were super cute! Thank you Sue!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emily H
Judyhousesue, Owner at Judy House Cottages and Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

So looking forward to you coming back and enjoying one of the cottages. Glad you enjoyed your stay here away from the tourist hustle and waking up to the beautiful nature here. Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review, see you both again! One Love x

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I stayed at Judy's house for 5 days in April. It was a fantastic experience for what I wanted!
The property is safe, friendly and has lush gardens. Sue has created a very unique and beauotful home to share with others. It was easy to meet fellow backpackers and find stuff to do.
The people of Negril were so friendly and outgoing so it is easy to meet locals and be inlcuded in some of the local celebrations and festivities.
Sue and Ms.H were very hospitable and friendly. I would definitely recommend this place for the solo traveller or for friends/couples travelling and want an adventure. It has very basic accomodations and is very environemntally friendly so as long as you aren't looking for a resort type vacation, you will be very pleased here and will learn a lot.

Thanks sue and ms.H!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank bellacott

So glad you had a fantastic experience here. I love the comments you made. It is just what I set out to do when I began the Judy House Cottages & Backpacker Hostel. Feedback that the 'local' feel to the place works is just great. Jamaica is without doubt a beautiful country where I plan to spend the rest of my life. The mixture of living in a wonderful, friendly community, plus have visitors from all over the world here is fantastic. As you learn about Jamaica, I learn lots about other places in the world through stories that you all tell and looking at your photos.
Yes the Judy House is a very unique and beautiful 'home' to share with others, plus easy to meet other travelers and find stuff to do together. Local people love it when you join is with their stuff, or go to the church on the hill. Miss H and all my staff very much contribute to the uniqueness here there own personalities and the excellent way they deliver their responsibilities. Thanks for taking the time to write this for us. One Love x

Reviewed May 15, 2014

I really loved Judy House from the very first moment! It's like a wonderful garden with a lot of little different rooms. It looks just beautiful and Zue the owner is lovely! She has trust in every person and is really friendly and helpful. Next time I will be in Negril I will definitely stay there again. Thanks Zue for the great time! One Love <3 Christina

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Thanks so much for your lively review and taking the time to write it. Very please your time here so much, hope to see you back again one day. One Love x

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We decided to stay in Judy-House (Cottage) because we saw it in www.taucher.net by a dive operator.
He recommended to stay there. So we did (11 nights end of April in 2014).
Sue is a very nice Lady, the atmosphere there is great, the garden is a paradise for colibris (hummingbird)and us.
OK, there are a lot of noises (all natural treefrogs and birds), but thats nature.
We had contact to the neighbours as well, so friendly and nice people. No criminals at all. Its a very friendly area, close to the church and a little shop.
We enjoyed every day and we truly like this place and more of that, Sue.
She made an uprade and gave us the KIMS-Place, a huge cottage for 2.
We hadnt any probs during this stay. Breakfast between the green, wonderfull.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Great you got the Marine Life Diver's School recommendation and you stayed here. Its a great location for the Negril Dive schools and we do get divers staying here a lot. I love that you enjoyed the place so much, especially the little things, like the tree frogs and the many birds we have here, including lots of Humming birds. I very much enjoyed meeting you both and spending time with you. Garth, our driver also had fun showing around this beautiful island paradise. Thanks for taking the time to review me, means a lot. Hope to see you both back again one day. One Love xx