“perfect spot for the budget traveller”

and 1 more site!
Judy House Cottages and Rooms
Ranked #1 of 51 Specialty Lodging in Negril
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Sue is the perfect hostess and the location is ideal for anyone who wants to get away from the noise of the beach. Set in a well tended garden this spot was an ideal introduction to Jamaica.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Sue M, Owner at Judy House Cottages and Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Thanks so much for this review so long ago. Sorry I did not reply sooner. I had not got much experience of Trip Advisor in the early days and did not know that I could respond to you. Thought I should do that now, so thanks for taking the time to write your lovely review and hope to see you back again here one day. One Love !

Reviewed March 16, 2011

The most beautiful grounds I have seen at any resort or home in Jamaica. I got the impression this was her hobby to make the yard beautiful. Sue was also good at answering questions on where to shop or change money or whatever about the local area. I was surprised at how well known and respected she was in the area. We had an enjoyable stay at the Judy house. We were lucky when we picked this place on the internet.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 16, 2011

MY Father and I stayed at the Zoe and Judy House the end of February and beginning of March,It was the most relaxing peaceful experience we have ever had in Jamaica and I've been coming to Jamaica since 1994.Sue's Mountain setting is surrounded by beautiful gardens that are well groomed,it's just a short walk to a small grocery store very convenient,and another short walk to the Canoe Bar at the end of the road right on the Ocean with a beautiful sand beach. Sue's yard is fenced and up a long drive so that we weren't bothered by the beggars ,like the people who stay on the beach ARE. I've stayed on the beach many times and I never will again.There is no privacy on the beach,constant beggars and sellers bothering us all the time. SUE'S COTTAGES ARE THE PLACE FOR ME. She has added garden Baths that are surrounded by beautiful foliage and flowers. From her sunbathing loungers you can see the Ocean.Peaceful and Tranquil. The cottages are very clean and supplied with every thing you need for cooking.Ms Hyacinth( the lady that cleans) is very thorough,polishes the floors and even gets under the beds. As for Sue she is a DELIGHT, she took us to some of her favorite spots around the island on scooters, what a BLAST!!! I'M COMING BACK IN MAY, CAN'T WAIT. Father and Daughter from Minnesota

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed March 14, 2011

Great place in Negril! Very clean, safe and good location, away from the crazy seven miles, but still walk distance from there. Sue, the owner was very helpful and she is a very nice person!!! I strongly recommend The Judy House!!! Had a great time there, thank you!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 13, 2011

I travelled around jamaica for 4 months and this was by far THE BEST place i stayed island wide. Sue is brilliant! great for a chat and a fountain of local knowledge and what to get up to during your stay! the staff are also fantastic and very friendly! Great location, beach at the end of the road great for snorkelling and chilling out with a cold red stripe! the garden pub literally a stones throw from the property is great for a hangout, a quiet drink and local chat and any groceries! The accommodation itself was extremely well kept and really comfortable! beautiful gardens and views also allow for some great on property recreation! I would recomend this to all of my friends and family as the place to stay in negril! I was travelling over christmas and sue even invited me to spend christmas day with her and her friends (as she knew i was a solo traveller) which really shows the owners great hospitality and kindness and we had a great day!!! many memories of good times that will never be forgotten, thank you sue!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank maredford1

Reviewed February 15, 2011

Sue is a fabulous host that goes above & beyond to ensure a great stay. The cabins are nicely decorated with all the comforts of home. Miss Hyacinth will be happy to do a load of laundry for you. Delroy has the grocery/convenient store 2 minutes away & is always up for good conversation. You are truely living in a Jamacian neighbourhood & everyone is very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 23, 2011

Host does know a lot about negril and the room was clean. She runs it on a tight budget and believes in not flushing toilets to save on water bill. My room did not provide complete privacy because of an open gap at ceiling. Drug dealer came to property gate twice to complete a deal with one of guests who made a deal with him the day before but owner chased him away. Somehow when all went out the night before he figured out where we were staying. I was approached by men several times while walking at night on the road asking for mone;y. Road is dimly lit. I was unpleased with kitchen arrangements, it didn't look all that clean. Although a computer is on property I was not able to access it as need. Bring your own computer. Owner has pets but doesn't want anyone to pet them. Roosters next door will wake you up at sunrise. Owner says its not a hostel but I don't know why. It is listed on hostels.com

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Judyhousesue, Owner at Judy House Cottages and Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2011

Both me & my guests were very unhappy with this guests behaviour, her comments do not reflect the very attentive service she received here. She caused a lot of trouble on property & spend her last night in Negril Police Sation, say no more!