“Yes I am A Pirate”

Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I know people here have their own opinion but don't let the negative ones keep you from stopping in here. This is not your average Mararitaville. Yes the prices are the same at any I have been to even Nashville but they are not outrageous as so many have claimed. They are on par for any resort type bar and restaurant. They were exactly what I expected to pay when I went there.
Unlike other Mararitaville's this one is more of a beach bum bar. I don't say that in a bad way. It is relaxed and fun. Not the hustle and bustle you get at the bigger restaurants. I made up my mind that if the cabana rentals were reasonable I would rent one for the day. Well they were $30 for the entire day. This might have been more than I expected but I did it anyway and glad I did cause it was worth every penny. The Beach chairs were crowed and having the cabana gave us a good place to relax and store our stuff as we enjoyed the beach and area.
Our waitress was Renee. She was awesome. If you can get her I highly recommend her because she will take good care of you. Yes when the cruise ship tours come in the service gets a little slow but come on that is to be expected at any restaurant when they get over crowded. I suggest you sit back and watch your waitress and see how busy they are trying to get to everyone. Once again this is something I expected. Those who are complaining about stuff like this have either never been to a busy bar or expect white glove service everywhere they go. I just find it crazy to downgrade someplace because you don't have the complete whole story of what's really going on.
As far as the venders bothering you. We didn't have any trouble. Maybe it was because we were in the cabana or maybe cause a no thank you I'm not interested works.I felt like the local venders were more bothersome at our resort than here. And as for the Magician yes he comes to your table does a small show and hopes for a tip but you don't have to give him one or when He shows up at your table just say not interested. He is just some entertainment like the balloon men at other places.
We got to meet the Manager James and all I got to say is what a nice man. He spent a good part of the evening sitting and working from our cabana. I learned a lot about the area and Canada from him in return he learned a lot about Tennessee. He was like a long lost friend and not some uptight manager. I also was able to see how fair he was with his employees and how much they admire him.
I can't say enough good about this place and hope people will take the review for what it is and go visit Margaritaville Negril and see for yourself. When you do say hi to Renee and James for me.
Oh I also forgot they provide a free shuttle service to and from your hotel.

JIMMY This is the place this pirate wants to retire to.

Thank Clayton AndStef... W
Write a ReviewReviews (2,625)

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This place is interesting during the day as tourists flock here. The food is barely Jamaican, the prices are inflated. But, you will see people here. It's a safe, centralized location on 7 mile beach.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Food is average chain restaurant stuff. Why go here when you are surrounded by great Jamaican food! Drinks are expensive. I guess if you had to see a televised sports event, this would be a choice. Get out of the chain food stuff and go experience some real food!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Sometimes you need a taste of home. My husband and I have been to Jamaica many times and although we love the food there, we needed a cheeseburger and fries. They were very good but a bit pricey. It was a quiet night at Margaritaville but we enjoyed ourselves. We were staying 2 properties over at Country Country (which was awesome) and heard them partying on Friday night but were too tired to venture over. We will next time , for sure.

5  Thank Wynne E
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Food here is very very expensive, waitresses are very slow. They allow vendors to walk up to you and sell things, such as a magician who works there for tips.