“!!!MUST READ!!!”

Ranked #43 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Indianapolis, Indiana
“!!!MUST READ!!!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My fiance an I have traveled Jamaica an th carribean for 17years. We love the cuisine and atmosphere. Upon checkin we advised Ms Charmain at the front desk that we brought a suitcase filled with shoes/clothes to donate to a local church or center.She offered a donation suggestion an insisted I use my credit card for a $100 deposit. I explained we booked our room through expedia114231988567 but complied with the card. Within 3hours over $1400 was illegally(unknown for 3days)withdrawn.We had hot water3out of 7days. Nice cleaning an pool staff(as we respectfully tipped dailey),rooms and pool average.Ivans,Best in th West an Sweet Spot are great food choices. I wouldnt suggest Negril Palm,but Jamaicas always great,just choose wisely an be respectful. This hotel should not be booked without security concerns. No rooms are beachfront. The beach is a very short walk away and bring LOTS of off for the mosquitos. Believe it they are real!!!

Room Tip: choose second level rooms and buy mosquito coils or spray for room. SECURITY CONCERNS!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank MrDoRight187

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Jamaica
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was my first trip to Negril.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here & was immediately put @ ease by Cordelia the receptionist who really should have "given me what for" after I arrived a little bit worse for wear after the journey & more that a little cantankerous.
Firstly Cordelia was friendly, calm & accommodating & always had a bright welcoming smile. Customer service is the key on any front desk and Cordelia had the right attributes for the job.

OK, Mrs Brown, SECURITY.
From the minute I arrived Mrs B made sure I knew how seriously she took my safety as a solo traveller. I made sure she knew when I left the property & when i returned as I didn't want her " to call the embassy" if she didn't hear from me. LOL. No joke though from the time I arrived I felt comfortable knowing that Mrs B "had my back"...
I'd love to see someone try get past her!!!!!

The location was perfect for me, situated on 7mile beach not far from Times Sq Mall & Knutsford Express offices.
The resort surprised me as I don't do hotels very well but found it to be peaceful & relaxing with private pool, beach, restaurant, bar and gift shop.
The rooms were of a colonial style & basic but had most of what I required including a safe in the room which you would normally had to pay extra for.
My only criticism which I hope is not perceived as negative is that for those of us who like a morning cuppa, maybe a kettle could be provided in the rooms & hooks in the bathroom behind the doors.
I loved my stay & it is because of the hospitality that i received here alone that would ensure that I return to Negril.
Ps. I didn't see anything nasty or unpleasant....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SisterGad
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 10 days with the family and was very sceptical due to the reviews...

HOWEVER it was great...

All the staff spoke to my kids everyday and knew there names, took time out and made them feel welcome...
If you are a reasonable person with human values this place is great.
Everyone body was helpful even down to night security who even sorted out a baby bottle at 4am for me when the kitchen was closed.

I had my anniversary with them and the bar manager made it very special with a dinner on the beach (banners, candles in the sand etc) and a beautiful arrangement in the room. (Please see pictures)

The room was amazing with A/C and a ceiling fan and very clean.

This hotel and the staff was so great that I had a terrible time in Miami. I spent 12 days in Jamaica and then went to Miami for 6 days, the different in service was shocking, the Miami hotel only cared about getting my money where the Negril Palm actually cared about my family's happiness

I will be back

Thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Pennipen
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Do not stay here! There are nothing but thieves that work here. The bathrooms are disgusting! The manager of the property Joseph Smith is a crook!!!!! We had many of our items stolen. Lap top, cell phone and jewelry. There was no sign of forced entry. We filed a police report and still to this day we haven't received any type of conversation of apology or compensation. We own a house in the hills but it was being renovated at the time. Do not stay here unless you want to take the chance of being violated and have an experience that we did. This place is on the outs just read the other reviews.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
15 Thank krystalina218

Travelers are raving about these Negril hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The staff was great!!!! The hotel itself not so GOOD. This place NEEDS to be renovated(desperately). The drape was filthy...I asked for it to be changed which they did, the staff was very accommodating, which made it bearable. Leaky faucet, the toilet felt as if I was about to break it each time I sat down (I weigh 98 lbs). Broken bedside lamps, nail protruding from closet door. Overall this place needs a 2 - 2.5 rating instead of the 3.5 rating that it's given.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend this hotel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank triciapom
Cleburne, Texas
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This Hotel is on the best part of the 7 mile beach. The Hotel is out of date, and the showers are nasty. Would not stay again here, unless it was free. Water Pressure would just stop, then come back on

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have been going to Jamaica for many years and have seen some places improve and others take a catastrophic plunge downward. Unfortunately this one is not good, not good at all. Its dirty, the room on the first night was so bad the bugs and things that kept appearing were extremely sleep preventing. I changed into a room that resembled a prison cell at best. No tubs, just concrete bunker like showers, very primitive in every aspect even down to having mo electricity most afternoons. Having enquired about this electricity situation a member of staff told me it was the city and they did it to preserve power, the real story was they switched it off themselves to save money as they are low on funds. The food is actually not bad, but how bad can chicken rice and peas be ????

I travelled alone and can deal with a little of this and that but here the this and that got simply to much to bare. A little attitude is normal in Jamaica but here the people are just rude, unhelpful and seemingly bothered by genuine requests for help.

I hope they pull it together, they need to spend some money, change the team, and maybe market the place from scratch and see were it goes but i wont be staying there again until they do something.

travel safe,