Peter Tosh Monument
Ranked #25 of 59 things to do in Negril
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We stopped here on the way to YS Falls. Bluefield is absolutely gorgeous, right across the street from a stunning beach. We had the place to ourselves. Great place to stop, chill and have a smoke. Pay your respects to Peter. A local named Squid showed us around. Unlike the rest of Jamaica no one tried to sell us anything, which was nice.

3  Thank Snickerbilly

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was just a quick stop on a two day journey to various sights around the island. I will say the same thing I say about 9 mile, which is not much of an "attraction" as it is a pilgrimage for fans. I do not think this will be worth a special trip for most people unless you were a Peter Tosh fan and wish to pay your respects. I will say I felt a lot more reverence at this place for the man and not a lot of pressure to give up money, and what little I gave was appreciated. Lovely grounds and well kept place. IF you are a fan I would say go by there.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

First I must declare a love of Jamaican music. Peter Tosh is well known by some less by most I believe. This monument is both where PT has his grave and where he lived. A peaceful place with an enthusiastic old friend of PT who shows you round for a contribution of $10.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

However, it has been years since I've visited but it was not worth the trip. I hope that they have improved it but still probably a place to sell cheap trinkets and tape recordings.

1  Thank Balls_B
Reviewed June 30, 2014

It is kind of a long, rough ride through Jamaicas countryside to reach the monument, but if your up for an adventure.....

1  Thank Lisa F