“Great people, great place!”
Review of Moon Dance Cliffs

and 1 more site!
Moon Dance Cliffs
Ranked #48 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Had a great stay at Moon Dance this past May. I was there for my best friend's wedding and I must say the service was OUTSTANDING. We had the whole resort to ourselves and everything was in tip-top shape. The best part, were the people. Moon Dance has an amazing team, extremely helpful, and loads of fun.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stephanie W
There are newer reviews for Moon Dance Cliffs

Reviewed June 6, 2012

We arrived at Moon Dance Cliffs on Sunday May 8, and it was first-class service until our departure on Thursday. The service was excellent. We could not have desired anything more, or better. The staff were superb and thought about all our needs, which they went out of their way to satisfy. The next time we go on a vacation, it would be back to Moon Dance Cliffs. It's a little bit of heaven on earth. Keep up the fantistic service, folks. You were the very best.

Winston H. Leader

Room Tip: Use the villas.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank winstonhl
Reviewed June 6, 2012

This resort is luxurious great service, great food, great views.
stayed for a week with a huge wedding party occupying 5 guest houses and many hotel rooms, but everything went well.
had a great stay but it was hot as heck!!!!
i would go back again but jamacia is a little rough

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Travelfrquently
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We spent one week at Moon Dance Cliffs in Negril. Upon arrival we were greeted by name and handed a strong and delicious Rum Punch! All of the staff greeted us and wouldn't let us lift a finger from start to finish.
We began our trip with me, my fiancé, and his parents. For two days we practically had the place to ourselves. We constantly had to just take a moment to look around at how perfect the surroundings were. On Day 2 we met with our wedding planner to smooth out the details, it was brief and wonderful. As expected Kerry had everything planned to perfection. When we needed something( two extra towels for our welcome bag) they found it and delivered it within a couple of hours. Our butler helped put together our welcome bags and even worked on them without us while me and my mother in law got manicures.
Our butler also made a couple of great recommendations for the one night we went off of the resort. However, you wouldn't want to leave this paradise for long.
There were 30 of us in all and everyone was on the all inclusive plan. We stayed in the 1 bedroom villa, and our families stayed in the 4 and 5 bedroom villa, and then we also had 5 of the hotel rooms booked.
Most of my family had not traveled much. This was an easy adjustment and EVERYONE was so impressed. The food, drinks, service, and wedding events were perfect. Everything we planned exceeded my expectations.
Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. The music, entertainment, DJ, flowers, and service was unmatched. I literally said out loud to my husband after it was all over," this had to have been the best wedding ever".
Our entire trip was magical! We sent our families home a day before we left. Our final day we had a couples massage and an amazing dinner in front of our Villa. Our butler Kerry Ann who was so great set up a romantic table with candles, flowers, and petals leading the way. After our delicious 4 course meal I went inside to the bathroom and she had set up champagne and a romantic bath with candles and flower petals.
I can't say enough wonderful things about every aspect of our trip and wedding. Really words cannot describe the beauty and perfection that we experienced. I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone seeking to have a relaxing vacation or wedding.
It is nearly two hours from the airport but well worth the travel if you want to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. Drivers and vans are prompt and were arranged by the resort. They weren't costly and we actually enjoyed the ride through Jamaica since we had never been before.
Do yourself and gusts a far and take a trip tomMoon Dance Cliffs the scenery and service is impeccable! The cliff jumping is also a thrill seeker for all!

Room Tip: The villas offer great views of the ocean and a butler. Well worth it! The hotel rooms were also qui...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JordanH771
Reviewed May 22, 2012

There aren’t enough adjectives in the dictionary to describe my five-day vacation and wedding at Moon Dance Cliffs. My husband and I had our wedding on May 8th, 2012. We arrived in Jamaica two days before and our first-class experience started at the airport when Dean our driver picked us up in a minibus. There he was holding up a sign, smiling at us and immediately started loading our bags. The drive to the resort was an hour and a half long, but Dean made it more enjoyable by pointing out interesting sites and sharing with us the Jamaican culture.

THE WELCOME:
Our arrival at the resort was (exhale) wonderful. Many of the front-desk staff was waiting for us with rum punch. We were greeted with warm smiles, handshakes and even hugs – picture arriving home at Christmas. That’s what it felt like. This is where we met some of our new friends for the first time: Richard G., Charmine, and our butler Kerry-Ann to name a few.

Our wedding party included 21 people. They all arrived at Moon Dance at different times from various cities across the U.S., Canada and Trinidad. Everyone arrived safely and on time and everyone had a wonderful time at our wedding. It’s been three weeks since our vacation, and my guests are still raving about our week at MDC.

THE FOOD:
I am not sure what menu previous reviewers were looking at, but the food was phenomenal. There was a wide variety, to the point where I didn’t even get the chance to try everything. I had guests who were vegetarians, had dietary limitations because of religious practice, and allergies - and everyone found enough to eat. They had a nice mix of American fare to traditional Jamaican cuisine: curried goat, jerk chicken, snapper sliders (my fave), shrimp, steak, pork, rice, mashed potatoes, pasta, burgers, fries, American breakfast, salt fish and ackee, fried festivals…there are way too many to name. I heard the banana and coconut pancakes were really good – I didn’t get to try them. The food was exquisite, well-presented and delicious and far better quality than any other resort or hotel I’ve ever stayed at.

THE ROOMS:
My husband and I stayed in the Poinciana villa – the one bedroom home facing the ocean. As a matter of fact, ALL the rooms face the ocean. The living room was large and well decorated. We got many channels on our flat screen television and all enjoyed having a computer with internet in the room. Our bar was stocked chock-a-block with bottles of liquor and our fridge had Red Stripe, Ting, pop and juices. The bedroom was spacious with Cathederal ceilings. The bathroom was large – double sink, deep soaker tub, separate shower - much better than the one back home. And our private hot tub worked fine. I had a group of guests who stayed in the Ironwood Villa. Most of my guests stayed in the hotels. Every room was large and clean, and well-maintained. The Villas come with a butler, I highly suggest getting a room with a butler.

THE GROUNDS:
Lush, green and beautiful. The pictures do not do it justice. We enjoyed the flowers and plants on the grounds and it was really nice to see the workers constantly clipping and pruning throughout the day. Some parts of the grass was dry, but it’s the Caribbean and it’s hot. That’s the reality. Dry grass certainly did not take away from my experience.

THE SERVICE:
This is where Moon Dance stands out from the rest. The service is FIRST CLASS, and well beyond five stars. Every staff member was accommodating, went well beyond the call-of -duty and bent over backwards to make sure we had a great time. My group was mostly made up of people of Caribbean-origin, so when they requested local treats that were not readily available on the menu – the staff delivered. My mom and aunties asked for mango, sugar cane, roast corn, local cakes and treats – the staff made it happen. It wasn’t even mango season in Jamaica and they found mangoes. It blew us away, and made us feel even more special.

THE STAFF:
EVERY staff member stands out and some quickly became our friends. Tracey works at Annie’s and makes the meanest rum punches. Omight’s smile will brighten your day. Johnny Walker kept us entertained at the pool bar, and the guy could dance! Douglas and Rolston also kept my guests entertained at the pool bar. Charmine, at the front desk worked overtime one night to fix a discrepancy in our bill. Tamara at Annie’s who was always standing by with a smile to assist us in any way. Richard, the kitchen manager, who always checked that everything was alright. And Richard the front desk manager who treated us like family. Words cannot express how this group of people made our vacation and wedding more than we could ever imagine. Our guests are still talking fondly about all the staff members mentioned above. Some have said they would return to MDC just to see the staff again. Whoever is in charge of training and hiring, you are on point!

KERRY-ANN:
We were fortunate enough to have Kerry-Ann as our butler for the week. Neither my husband or I have ever had a house-keeper, a nanny nor a butler, so the idea of having someone at our “beck and call” made us slightly uncomfortable. But Kerry-Ann kept offering to do little tasks for us, and finally we gave up and simply allowed her to do her job. During our stay, Kerry-Ann anticipated every need. She would order us breakfast in the morning and set up on our patio, she helped me get dressed on my wedding day, even helped my mom get ready, she made my hair and makeup appointments, helped us book excursions, even packed up a basket full of treats and a cooler full of Red Stripe and other drinks the day we visited YS Falls. I mentioned to her that my mom and aunties have a tradition of having tea and sweet treats every evening, so Kerry-Ann set-up tea in our villa every night for my guests. Kerry-Ann thought of everything and took care of it without us even having to be asked. Kerry-Ann thought of everything and took care of it without us even having to be asked. Our vacation would not have been the same without Kerry-Ann.

KERRY(the wedding planner):
Ladies, if you’re thinking of having your wedding at Moon Dance, think no more. Just do it. You will NOT be disappointed. Like every bride, I had the usual concerns of whether things would turn out the way I expected. From the moment I booked, Kerry contacted me via email and asked me to provide information on the kind of wedding I was hoping to have. Kerry was always readily available via email and responded to my requests very quickly. On Day 2 of our trip, my husband and I had a one-on-one with Kerry to go over the final details. We also had a rehearsal. We didn’t have a wedding party, except for a flower girl, so it was quick. Kerry kept reassuring me everything would turn out well and boy did it ever! My wedding was better than I ever expected. I couldn’t have planned a better day. Everything from the ceremony to the reception was perfect. My guests had such a great time, and we danced until the end of the night.

KAMALA SPA:
If you are getting married you want to get your hair and makeup done by Ross. I sent a picture to Ross a few days ahead via email to give him an idea of what I wanted. I had decided on a side bun. Ross ended up styling my hair even better than the one in the photo. My makeup was on point and tastefully done. Ross is really good at enhancing your best features without making you look like a total different person. My husband was blown away when he saw me walk down the aisle, and all my guests kept commenting on how beautiful I looked. It’s all thanks to Ross. He is celebrity quality and extremely talented.

I hate sounding repetitive, but if you are thinking of booking at MDC, do it now. You will not be disappointed. Keep in mind, this is a quiet, low-key resort. It’s especially great if you are planning a wedding. My husband and I are so pleased with the way everything turned out and we are already saving our pennies to return on our anniversary. We are on countdown mode – only 50 more weeks to go! Book now people - you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Go with the villa. All villas come with a butler, which will make your vacatoin even more special.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank avis39
Reviewed May 12, 2012

My husband and I were married at MDC in late January. Our guests are still talking about it to this day. It was the most amazing vacation I'd ever experienced. The location was relaxing, unique and beautiful.
From the very early stages of planning, the owner Randy and the staff at the reservations office (Kim and Miriam) were very helpful. Having the reservations office based in the US is a great feature-no international calls needed. Kim and Miriam had a lot on their plate, handling all our guest reservations and airport transfers, and it all went pretty smoothly. We did end up having one airport transfer fluke, but luckily that guest was a world traveler and was able to secure their own cab to the resort. The impressive part was, once the on-site manager (Richard) caught wind of it, he fully reimbursed our guest for the taxi fare.
When we arrived at the resort, we were warmly welcomed by staff members. When they showed us around, it was a strange feeling - we'd seen so many pictures of the place, it was like we'd already been there, but at the same time, it was so much more breathtaking in person. The grounds are beautiful and clean due to daily upkeep (which was not invasive by any means). We were actually able to experience 2 different villas since ours wasn't ready for the first few hours after arrival, and both were equally impressive.
Our butler, Titanya, was awesome. We actually still talk from time to time! She was so sweet and friendly, and willing to do anything to make us comfortable. Every day before she left, she would check with us to make sure that we were comfortable, happy, and not in need of anything more. Every morning when we woke, I swear she must have been waiting for signs of life in the villa. She would come and take our breakfast orders and have breakfast brought to us on our patio. Titanya helped us along every step of the way. Even on the wedding day, when I was sick with nerves, she snuck off to the groom to have him send me a little gift and note to make me feel better. She helped to arrange a trip with a local snorkeling glass-bottom boat (Vincent's), and when the water was too choppy for them to pick us up off the cliffs at the resort, she rode with us into town to meet up with them (and packed us a little cooler of Red Stripes for the trip!). When I wanted to walk down the road to a little shop nearby for cigarettes, she also walked with me so I wouldn't have to go alone.
Kerry, the wedding planner, was an amazing woman who gave it her all to give us the wedding we had dreamed of. If you're interested in further details about Kerry's awesomeness and abilities, look up the MDC thread on bestdestinationweddings . com, I've sung her praises there.
The rooms at MDC were very upscale. The villas were extremely comfortable with extra sitting areas, their own hot tubs (which worked fine for us, never a problem), a fully stocked bar and fridge, stereos, beautiful bathrooms with soaking tubs. The housekeeping staff was amazing, handling dry cleaning and other requests with ease. A bunch of our friends stayed in the Ironwood (4br) villa, and this was the "party house" during our wedding weekend. The staff there deserve extra accolades...our guests said it was almost creepy how spotless the house was on the mornings after some pretty wild partying - made them stop and think, was I just dreaming??? I was actually most impressed with the regular Carribbean View rooms - I had expected them to be "average", but they were extremely roomy, well kept and each had their own spacious patio that gave unobstructed views of the ocean.
We did the all-inclusive plan, and wouldn't have done it any other way. We especially enjoyed the lunch food available at the swim-up bar. The snapper sliders were my favorite, and my husband enjoyed all the jerk options. In fact, my husband asked for custom orders several times during our stay (jerk chicken cheese fries, for example) and they didn't hesitate to accommodate his requests, and it was delicious to boot. Other food to mention was the banana coconut pancakes....a must-have during your stay! I've seen others complain about the lack of variety on the menu, and can't help but think these people must be picky eaters that refuse to eat half of what they offer, because there were plenty of options. During our week-long stay, I didn't even have a chance to order everything they offer, and only ordered things twice because I liked them so much. Dinner options we enjoyed were the filet mignon (so tender!) and the curried goat, among others.
THE STAFF is what makes this place one-of-a-kind. By the end of our stay, the goodbyes were hard to bear. Ralston and Rayon kept our guests laughing, grooving, and buzzing at the swim-up bar, making concoctions we've tried to recreate at home (and failed!). They make a mean Dirty Banana and a perfect Bob Marley. Angie, Tracey, Randean, Omight, Douglas, Johnny Walker, and all the others were friendly, polite, willing to share stories and jokes, willing to compare culture and give us insight into the beauty of Jamaica and Jamaican life. They were happy to keep us happy - like, literally enjoyed making our experience amazing. You can tell the difference when someone is just "at work" or when they are truly enjoying interacting with you. And overwhelmingly, this staff is top-notch and happy to be a part of your stay. On the other hand, if you'd rather be in your own little world during your vacation, they were also very intuitive to that and would not be invasive to your privacy while still making sure you got everything you needed.
Richard & Richard (the concierge/managers) also deserve a shout-out because we had so many planned events within the resort and also a group beach trip to Margaritaville and Rick's Cafe that went smoothly. They also provided warm friendship and laughs....literally on his way in to work, Richard saw a guest that was passing on the road to the airport, and they stopped the cars so they could say goodbye (that might sound weird, I guess you had to be there, but I'm telling you, it's like you are friends by the time you leave).
Because of the wedding, I also dealt a lot with the Kamala spa/salon. They were very professional with scheduling 3 bridesmaids and I for mani/pedi and hair/makeup. In fact, Ross and Peggy brought all necessary supplies for the wedding day right to the Poinciana villa so that we could get ready without spending all day in the salon. (They did an amazing job - hair and makeup didn't budge through rain, dancing, and wild partying). Also, my husband and I enjoyed a Sunset Melt massage which was worth every penny, and was the most relaxing experience....in a small cave on the cliffs, with the sounds of the ocean and the sun slipping down past the horizon, heaven.....just heaven.
I had never been to Jamaica before, and I will definitely return but will never go anywhere besides MDC.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Heidi M
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Moon Dance Cliffs, is Magnificant! Beautiful resort, Amazing food & the rooms are to die for! If you want to feel like a superstar than stay here! They won't let you down!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple