“You have to visit Pelican Bar!”

Floyd's Pelican Bar
$50.00*
Private and Customized Montego Bay Day Tour
Ranked #2 of 21 Nightlife in Negril
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Cool place - you just have to go there to say that you have been....I'm not sure of another place you will find like Pelican Bar!
Not the kind of place you will want to go & stay all day, but great to have a beer & a quick swim, or to watch the sunset. It would be really fun if you had a few friends with you (but not too many, the place is tiny!)
We didn't eat here, but I have heard the food is good....I'm not sure how much I trust that info though, it's a tiny shack in the middle of the ocean, how clean can it be?! :|
But if you are looking to grab a drink & relax, this is the place for you!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

After taking a hr long boat ride from Sandals Whitehouse, and not knowing exactly what we were getting into, couldnt have been more surprised. Is the coolest bar I have ever been too. From the delicious food served to the ice cold drinks in the picture perfect water. Is a "must see" if you have the time. Will definetly try to go back.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We came there on a rainy day unfortunately Floyd was not there because the wheater that morning was not really good but when we arrived there the rain stops,thanks god,we had the Pelican Bar for ourselves...but nothing to drink!Its a cool spot ,we hope to get a chance to come back on a sunny day!

2  Thank moineauQc
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I read about this place on an online travel blog saying it was the Best Beach Bar in the World. The pictures i saw online had me intrigued. So since i was already planning on visiting Jamaica for my vacation, i decided i would check it out. Oh was i blown away by the beauty of this place. Its simplicity is what struck me the most. This is one of those "you got to see it to believe it" experiences that you actually have to see. If you ever visit Jamaica, make shore you take a trip to see this place.

2  Thank Amber R
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My wife and I just got back from a trip to Negril, and have travelled all over the world. Floyds Pelican Bar was the most amazing experience we have ever had while travelling. If you are any where near Negril, it is a must do activity. Hire a driver, (cost us about $100 US round trip - do not pay more). The ride in itself is on decent road most of the way. You have to be up for adventure as Jamaican drivers are a bit crazy and the ride from Negril is about an hour and 15 minutes, but if you are the type of person who likes to see local culture, do this. Once in Black River, you hire a fisherman in a wooden boat who will take you out to the bar in the middle of the ocean for about $20/each. Once there, it is literally on stilts with a breeze blowing through and you can step off in the water on a sand bar and drink a red stripe and contemplate where you are and how amazing life is. Once in lifetime experience. DO NOT MISS.

5  Thank micaron