“Neat!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$234.00*
and up
Private South Coast Adventure Tour from Montego...
Ranked #3 of 21 Nightlife in Negril
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Go there...if for no other reason than to have a great meal. The lobster curry is really good! Our tour guide Norris, booked through the Tree House Resort in Negril, arranged everything (boat ride and lunch). It was a great place to stop to eat, and grab a Red Stripe after our trip to YS Falls.

1  Thank JHD2
in 22 reviews
"south coast"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed December 25, 2011

Husband and i visited Floyds Pelican Bar for the 2nd time in May, both times we used Captain Dennis for the boat ride, combined with the Black River Sarari tour. I enjoy just being out on the water and a boat ride is always relaxing. On our first trip we got to see a bunch of dolphins, and stopped to watch them as they swam around the boat; we were hoping to experience that again, but were unable to find any. The Pelican Bar itself is about a mile off shore on a sand bar,the water is about 3-4 feet deep. It is a bit of an experience to get in/out of the boat and up the crazy steps, but, trust me, if I can do it (I am larger person and have had a hip replacement and a bad knee) you can too! Just go slowly and hold onto someone to help steady you! There is a bar inside where you can get beer or soda pop - beware nothing is served REALLY cold. It is very enjoyable to sit with a beverage on the 'deck' and dangle your feet towards the water and watch for any sea life - we seen a small sting ray swimming around below us.

If you plan to go in the water, bring some hard soled water shoes, there are areas of sea grass and sand and a number of pointy sea urchins which are no fun to step on! Also, beware that if you do go in the water, it is a little difficult to get back up the stairs as they start about chest height when you are standing in the water.

Overall, it is a neat place, not my typical hang out, but very cool to be able to say I have 'been there, done that' and we got some awesome pictures that we have used in our beach theme decor! No one can believe that the place is real and we have been there until we show them our pictures! If you go - use Captain Dennis, he has a very clean, nice boat and in my opinion is 'Minnesota Nice', which is just what I was looking for! I thoroughly enjoyed his company, expertise of the sea and sharing tidbits with us on the way there and while we were there.

3  Thank Sunseekergirl77
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I visited this place several years ago and as I was browsing Trip Advisor it brought back memories - hence, the review.

If you're into a bit of adventure this is a great place. I remember very friendly people and a wonderful lobster dinner caught fresh from the sea .. a must see

1  Thank Intrepid007
Reviewed December 15, 2011

What an amazing place!! A definite must see when in Jamaica!! Couldn't ask for a better place to relax with a red stripe....great views, fun swimming, amazing people & phenomenal food!! We had 4 lobster dinners, 1 fish & 6 Red Stripes & our bill was $102......and you will never find a lobster dinner to compare with what you will have at the Pelican Bar!!

2  Thank teatee99