“restaurant”

and 1 more site!
Mariposa Hideaway
Ranked #75 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The restaurant was just ok. We only ate breakfast but the service was good. The food was only descent though. Ms. Antoinette, the waitress was nice and attentive. Prices were not great. Descent food but overpriced!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank todd g
There are newer reviews for Mariposa Hideaway

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I would advice anyone who visit Negril not to stay at the Mariposa Hideaway.You will have no beach to lay in the sand.The owner and the young lady at the front desk is rude to the guest.The food at the resaurant is terrible the price high.I stayed there for 10 days i saw only 3 people having dinner.We tried to leave but because we had to pay for the full trip up front and there are no refund we had to stay.The house keepers were very friendly but afraid they would be fired by the owner for no reason if they spoke to us.Take my advice do not stay at the Mariposa.

5  Thank rupert f
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My husband and I had dinner there while we were on our annual vacation last year(2011). The food is overpriced. It took a long time to get our meal. We had local snapper which costs us over $20 US. The server was very unpleasant and acts as if she didn't want to be there.

Room Tip: Try not to eat at the restaurant. There are cheaper restaurants around with nice Jamaican foods.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank marion p
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Do yourself a favor and book somewhere else.
I had a 10 day booking that we had to pay full price for up front, after 4 days of arguing with the mangement... i cut my losses and flew home without any compensation.
the amenties and photos advertised on the site were not accurate.
wi fi access was limited to approx 15 feet surrounding the front office.
continental breakfast consisted of a bowl of ceral.
most importantly the staff and owners were extremly rude and unaccomodating.
I understand that issues will arise at any hotel, but it's how the company addresses the concerns that makes the difference. this experience has really turned me off one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
with tourism as important as it is to the island, it's shocking that these folks don't appear to be concerned with repeat business.

6  Thank Errol J
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Stayed at the Mariposa hide-away February 23rd to march 5th. We were not allowed visitors on the property, since we have family in Jamaica this was a "showstopper", they refused to refund our money and have us leave the hotel since we were not informed of this policy at booking. The photos on the site are misleading there is a very big cement wall where the beach should be, you are forced to use the beach at another property. The hotel padlocks the front gate at night, which is a safety and a fire hazard since the entire property is fenced. Continental breakfast is a bowl of cereal. There is NO WI-FI unless you are at the front office which is a long way from the rooms. There is not a location to sit and use Wi-Fi near the front, in the evenings you are standing next to main road surfing the internet. Cleaning staff and security are very friendly, the staff at the front desk and management are very rude.

Room Tip: No rooms are on the beach
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Ryan F
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We enjoyed our stay so much that we cancelled the other hotel (after one night) and returned to the Mariposa. It is the only hotel with a wall (just painted while we were there) separating the water from the property (which is only 2 feet). This keeps the vendors off the property and allows you to retreat to solitude. The restaurant is no great shakes but the service is polite, friendly and professional. My wife felt safe, appreciated and welcomed as a guest there. Many of the other hotel visitors were repeat customers and raved about the property. It is located pretty much in the middle of the beach and the toughest decision you have to make when going for a walk is to the right or the left. It is not all-inclusive and it has a bit of a "regular" feel to it. It is clean, well priced and worth a visit. We stayed there for 6 out of our 7 nights in Negril. We wish it was seven. We will go back for sure. My daughter is visiting this summer and she will be staying there--very safe indeed. Enjoy.

Room Tip: ask for a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelpapi153
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I made reservations for my friends and I to stay at Mariposa for a week. Within a few minutes I received a confirmation e mail stating that everything was confirmed and was set to go for my trip. I called the hotel directly a few times after that just to ask just general questions about the hotel and what was to be expected. Nothing was ever mentioned to me about possible rate changes and cancellation. I kept on checking my credit card though to see if they had charged my account, but after noticing that they didn't after a full week I went back on the website to double check to see if they still had my apartment available to others. Keep in my mind when I called and spoke to Roxanne at the front desk, she assured me that there was only 1 apartment and I booked it so I had nothing to worry about. I noticed not only was the apartment still available on the website but the rates went from $120 per night to $260 per night. I frantically called back to verify that I would be honored the rates that I booked my room for and once again Roxanne assured me I would be charged the initial amount of $120. Feeling secured about this I then referred a few people to stay at the hotel . That was a big regret on my part, because less than 2 hours later I received an email from Vivien saying my room was cancelled because they didn't have the correct rates up when I booked it and if I want to stay there then I have to re book it. I've traveled numerous times and never have I been dealt so much incompetence and misinformation.I felt as if I was slapped in the face. DO NOT BOOK YOUR ROOM HERE...unless you want to get to Negril and have no where to sleep.

5  Thank sashy_12