“Great stay”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of JamRest Villas

The Playground
Gated Entrance - 24 hours Security
The Country Store and Deli
Richmond Estate's  Private Beach - 3 minutes away
Chukka Adventures - 2 minutes away.
Dolphin Cove - 10 minutes away
Dunn's River - 10 minutes away
Mystic Mountains - 10 minutes away
Green Grotto Caves - 15 minutes
Cranbrook Flower Forest - 15 minutes
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Maurice A
“Great stay”
Reviewed January 7, 2018 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

Recently spent a week at Jamrest. The accommodations are first rate. Conveniently located in Ochoa Rios. Close to the beach,Dolphins Cove,Blue Hole and other entertaining attractions. Ample guality dining nearby.Miss T kitchen was exceptional. The bedrooms at Jamrest are spacious,clean with air conditioning units that kept things cool inside. Everyday was 90*+ so units that function properly are much appreciated . It’s in a gated community with a very useful market just outside the gates. Suzi, who helps maintain the property and also will cook upon request was fabulous. Would definitely recommend.

ambeecham
New York City, New York
“Absolutely a beautiful home”
Reviewed December 30, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

Enjoyed my stay at Jamrest villa. It’s a beautiful home, the picture did not lie and the home didn’t disappoint. Ms. Suzie the housekeeper is such a lovely person, kind and sweet. She was a wonderful host and made sure that the house was clean at all time and always inquired about how I was doing. I have no hesitation in renting or recommending Jamrest Villa to friends and family.

kyandi k
“Safe, quiet community!”
Reviewed October 9, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

Nick's rental was a great home away from home. The neighborhood was well kept, 24-hour security to make you feel at ease. There is even a grocery store conveniently located about 2 minutes outside the security gate! The house is just as pictured and the house manager Suzie was great! she was personable but not intrusive, and very helpful. Even though the owner was not available in person, he was readily available via phone, text, and email. It was a very relaxing visit for me but the hot spots are just a stone's throw away for anyone wanting to explore the nightlife, town or beaches.

This is a great vacation rental, located in a well manicured upscale community. I will definitely be back!

Your age range 35-49
por7es
New York City, New York
“Vacation 2017”
Reviewed September 8, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Jamrest villa is truly a home away from home. Nick provided all the amenities that make ones vacation pleasurable. The villa is well kept and up to date. Our bed was so comfortable, we had a restful sleep every night. Our housekeeper Suzie is the best. Very accommodating, pleasant and helpful. Thanks again Nick I will choose your villa each time I'm in Jamaica and will definitely recommend Jamrest as a great home away from home.

Adosinda...
Florida
“Best Birthday EVER!!!”
Reviewed August 21, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

I rented two villas for my stay, I was in Jamaica to celebrate my birthday with several of my girlfriends.
The community is amazing however upon arrival we spent at least 30 minutes at the front gate. The security guard recorded all of my guest's passport information (which I thought was unnecessary) but there were 11 beautiful women :-).
The villa was beautiful just as the pictures show. The villa was very clean and organized with updated appliances. We had no trouble at all with WiFi. OMG..the beds were so comfortable (I pulled the sheets up looking for the secret..I found NONE).
I hired a professional photographer for a all-white evening photo-shoot on the private beach. When we arrived at the beach on Sunday night we were not allowed to enter because of a wedding reception however we entered from a different location and everything went well.
The drive into Ocho Rios was interesting but as the description says everything is really within 20 minutes drive. I would recommend renting a car because a taxi or car service could get expensive (the locals do drive "crazy" but I took my time driving a 15 passenger manual LEFT SIDE drive van without problems).
Mrs. Susie and her husband is very nice and welcoming. Thank you for helping me out with my "little problem" :-)
In closing I will NEVER return to a hotel again during my stay in Jamaica. I will surely be back next year ;-)

GarethS15
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Beautiful villa and a great base to explore Jamaica from”
Reviewed July 21, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

This was our first visit to Jamaica with the kids (15 and 12) and I am so glad we hired a car and chose this villa over a resort. We feel like we have explored and met a beautiful country. JamRest villa is even better than the pictures look and is a lovely place to relax, enjoy, spend two weeks at and explore from. Owner Nick has clearly put a lot of thought into making guests stays as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. Full info and questions pre and post booking were answered promptly. Full a/c throughout, outdoor veranda with seating, garden, washing m/c and drying area, and beautifully furnished. Suzie, the absolutely wonderful housekeeper, will look after you perfectly and is also a great cook if you want her to make her Jamaican specialities for you. JamRest is in a gated estate halfway between Ocho rios and Runaway Bay just off the main north coast highway. It's beautifully maintained with a big pool, store and weekend barbecues. The security feels unnecessary so acts as a friendly reassurance service if you need it. My only advice would be to definitely hire a car and drive and explore. Don't believe any of the bad stories. Driving in Jamaica is really easy and actually really enjoyable. We flew into Kingston and drove to the villa via the new north-south highway and went east to west without any issue. Thanks Nick for telling us to do this it really was the best advice ever! If you want our best recommendations then in no particular order other than geography: tubing on the river Bueno with riverrapidsja.com, eat on the beach at Puerto seco, green grotto caves, jewels water park and great escape restaurant at runaway bay, - bamboo blu restaurant, dunns, turtle falls park and Ocho itself are all lovely (just plan on going on non cruise ship days to all the Ocho attractions!), buy fruit at the side of the road, rafting on the rio grande is amazing (park at rafters rest in st Margaret's bay at the real ticket office and let them look after you, follow the brown signs, you can find them on Facebook) and finally but definitely not least, the truly beautiful Frenchmans cove (go on a weekday to get it when it's quieter and stay over) one of those places in the world that still makes you go wow! This villa is beautiful. Hire a car, go out and meet real people who have been nothing short of welcoming to us (we even smiled when we got hustled at dunns - don't give you're name unless you want to buy a carving with your name on it!) and discover and explore a really beautiful country. Thanks for letting us stay Nick. We would have no hesitation in recommending JamRest to our friends and family and will happily come back again. Gareth

Stacey W
“Picture Perfect”
Reviewed June 28, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

This vacation was a picture perfect getaway. It's was home away from home but to the 10th power. Richmond Estate Plantation is a beautiful place to stay and everything is on the property. The 24 hours swimming pool, game area, tennis courts and exercise area were outstanding. The living quarters had everything you would need to enjoy your stay. The neighbors were very helpful with names and numbers for transportation​ and included us in the neighborhood activities for Friday and Saturday. We had an opportunity to enjoy the jamcian food that was prepared on the property. The house staff was very attentive to our needs and comfortability, they even provide a cell phone for our use. The icing on the cake was the Country Store that was at the entrance of the Estate. I am looking forward to returning and staying on the Estate again.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing