“ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Side/Partial view of the apartment complex
Patio area
View from Patio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Queen876
Kingston, Jamaica
“ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed March 22, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Ok, so where this condo is located you couldn't ask for a better location it is literally walking distance from the town where EVERYTHING is....the beaches to movie theaters to shopping malls to excursions to night life, everything is that you could possibly want is only minutes away...no hassle.
the apartment itself was warm and homely, very comfortable, we settled in very easily and felt right at home.....if ever I should come to Ocho Rios, this is the place for me
If I would recommend anyone to stay here......definitely 2thumbs up.....absolutely amazing!!!!

Tave8283
Fort Worth
“Awesomeness”
Reviewed March 7, 2017 for a stay in May 2016

In returning to Columbus Heights and staying at Ms Dorothy's place all I can say is that it was breathtaking. From the amenities to the upkeep of the property, it was a life lasting memory. I was in awe of the double sinks in the Master Suite.......loved it!! Ms Dorothy was just a phone call away if we ever needed her. I will definitely be returning.

Mar 8, 2017
teremoca
Kingston, Jamaica
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

I stayed there for a weekend, i must say it's the ideal location!!! it's central you can walk to the town area for shopping, restaurants and the beach. Lots of space, the rooms were comfortable and clean. It was a very nice experience i am definitely staying here for my next visit.

Your age range 35-49
Feb 15, 2017
Ana V
“Cozy escape”
Reviewed February 14, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

My stay at Avanti was short and sweet. When I first got to Columbus Heights I was a little worried because the complex has been around for a while but when I gor inside the suite it was well maintained and quite comfortable. Its close to everything in Ocho Rios and Ocho Rios is the perfect launch point for exploring the entire island. I'd definitely go back and the service was pretty good as well

Feb 15, 2017
Knotoyah
Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica
“Perfect vacation spot”
Reviewed February 12, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

I booked with Dorothy at the last minute and was pleased at the professionalism of the staff, the apt was clean and spacious . The location was amazing. I will recommend to anyone looking for a relaxing get away

Feb 13, 2017
Thanks
traveling...
Reston, Virginia
“Beautiful view, clean, spacious, but bring your bug repellent”
Reviewed February 9, 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

We booked Avanti for a week in January 2017. There are two things I'm considering in this review: 1. the rental unit itself; 2. Ocho Rios.

The rental unit:
- I'm thrilled with getting a two-bedroom, two-bath apartment for the price.
- I wanted a rental with a pool and ocean view while being walking distance to the beach and town for less than $1,000 for the week. Avanti filled all of those things.
- The staff at the Columbus Heights complex were lovely and very helpful. In particular one of the guards (Dwayne) at the gate was extremely friendly and helpful. Jackson (the property manager) was helpful too.
- Dorothy double booked the rental for the Saturday night we arrived and asked us to stay at a different two-bedroom rental at Columbus Heights for the first Saturday night. This was an inconvenience I could have done without and while the view at the replacement rental was amazing, the condition of the rental was lacking --- nothing horrible, just run-down.
- The large balcony at Avanti is fabulous. My husband worked for three days during our trip and he was able to do so on the balcony. We had dinner a few times on the balcony and it was the first place we'd go when we woke up or arrived back at the rental. The biggest negative was that four days of the week there were cruise ships docked at the pier directly across from the rental. So your primary view for most of those days (if you were spending the day on the balcony) was a cruise ship.
- There's an enormous safety light directly outside the master bedroom. We bought clothes pins and pinned the drapes shut every night, but it was still VERY bright in the bedroom. I sleep with an eye mask, so it wasn't a big deal. Had I not had my eye mask, it would have been very frustrating.
- both bedrooms had air conditioning that worked like a charm. We just had to be sure to pin the master-bedroom curtains back to ensure proper air flow. We only used the air conditioning at night. The breezes from the windows and doors and the ceiling fan were able through the day.
- Dorothy generously supplied beach towels. This was a HUGE help.
- The kitchen was more than amply stocked. We cooked for ourselves every breakfast except for the one where we were moving from the temporary rental. And Nancy, the housekeeper, cooked for us two nights. (I highly recommend having her cook. I have a lot of dietary restrictions and she accommodated every one of them -- and the food was excellent.)
- There were ants in the kitchen, but Dorothy worked with someone at Columbus Heights to get bug spray. After that, no ants.
- The pool was lovely.
- Jackson (the property manager) strongly recommended we lock the iron gates on every door at night and when we left the apartment. We did this, but I was very uncomfortable with this because of the potential of not being able to get out of the apartment easily in case of a fire. We had no safety concerns though, thanks to the iron gates on the doors and the security guard stationed 24-hours a day.
- The location isn't as convenient as some of the resort complexes in Ocho Rios, but it had a lot less foot and car traffic. It was a very, very easy walk to the shopping center where the cruise ships docked, and a short walk to the beach from there.
- Margaritaville is directly across the street. You will hear VERY, VERY loud music until 2 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday nights and until midnight or so on the other nights. Seriously. I adopted the Jamaican attitude of "No problem, mon" and decided to enjoy the free music as much as possible, so it wasn't a huge issue. That and my six-year-old son was able to go to sleep easily with the air conditioner and a noise-cancelling machine going. I would have had a much harder time with the loudness and length of the music had he not been able to fall asleep so easily.
- There is not one screen on a window or door. We were eaten up by mosquitoes until we decided to continually wear bug repellent while in the apartment.
- The wi-fi was excellent!
- The cable was excellent!
- There was ample and almost immediate hot water (something I gathered was a issue with other rentals)
- The decor was lovely.
The mattress in the master bedroom was very comfortable.
- Columbus Heights is showing its age, but it's still very clean and quiet during the days.
- Dorothy returned our security deposit quickly.
- There were a few issues with the rental (the Margaritaville music, the double-booking and the bugs primarily), but there were many, many great things. For the price, location, view, amenities, and equipping, I am confident it was the best rental available at the time we started looking for a rental. (We only decided two weeks prior to our vacation to go to Jamaica.)

Ocho Rios:
- I decided to go to Ocho Rios because of all the activities available nearby. Now that I've experienced some of those activities, I wish I had chosen to go to Negril instead. Ocho Rios is often very crowded and fast-paced -- and not just from the cruise ship visitors. Also, the activities weren't really worth doing -- or could have been done in Negril.
- If you are used to the stricter street-planning regulations of the United States, the roads in Jamaica and Ocho Rios will be nerve wracking. There were more blind curves on narrow, winding roads -- including the one going to Columbus Heights, I was expecting to crash every time we were in the car. So if you are going to be driving or riding in Ocho Rios, be prepared for it to be a tense affair. Note: we never collided with anyone or anything -- it just seemed like we were going to repeatedly.

Feb 12, 2017
thanks for review
A TripAdvisor Member
“Paradise”
Reviewed December 30, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

My vacation at Avanti (home away from home) 7 Columbus Heights Ochi Rios jamaica was amazing . the apartment was clean...the view of the sea from the veranda was just breathtaking....and lady who come to tidy the apartment was very professional and kind.....very nice place to stay...clean and big enough for a family

Dec 31, 2016
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing