“Ms”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of SAND CASTLE RESORT

Living room/sofa bed
Kitchen
Bedroom
Bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Bernadett...
“Ms”
Reviewed May 31, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Great place close to everything.
Was clean and quiet and had everything we needed . Will definitely recommend and will come back.

Jun 13, 2017
Your response:
"Thank you so much for your kind words..I am so happy you chose sand Castle. Please come again and tell your friends and family. Thanks Joan"
Hotelier3...
Orlando, Florida
“Another great experience in A35”
Reviewed March 22, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

This is our second stay in this condo. Perfectly suited for our needs - quiet, clean, great Wi-Fi and lots of hot water! This year we found a fully refurbished kitchen.
Owner Joan is very hospitable and always checks in to see if we are comfortable or need anything to make our stay more comfortable.
This is definitely our place to stay in Ocho Rios. Security is very good and it is located on my favorite beach and close to everything in town.
Will definitely return and recommend without hesitation.

Jan 6, 2018
"It was a pleasure having you and your family. Thank you for choosing apt. A35 we do appreciate your business. Please come again.
YSLNYC
“Perfect!”
Reviewed March 13, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

My family and I stayed here at the Sand Castle Hotel in December 2016. What more could I say, Joan and Karen were courteous upon our arrival. The unit was in impeccable condition. I would highly recommend!

Mar 15, 2017
Meganrh31...
“Had a wonderful stay”
Reviewed July 20, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

The place was very clean the rooms was just as advertised, every one was friendly , it was close to every thing and most important it was right at the beach had a wonderful stay would stay there again in a heart beat

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jan 6, 2018
Hotelier3...
Orlando, Florida
“Immaculate, Well-maintained & Comfortable Accommodations – 35A Sand Castle, Ocho Rios”
Reviewed May 29, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

So I am a hospitality veteran – worked in hotels for over 25 years, and stayed in many different types of hotels. The all-inclusive where I normally stay was not suitable for this trip home to Jamaica, as I basically just needed a nice clean place to sleep. So a friend recommended this privately owned apartment, based on their own experience staying there last year.
First of all, owner Joan, and housekeeper Karen, were very friendly and hospitable. All plans made were carried through seamlessly – from warm welcome to friendly farewell. Flawless communications pre and post visit – 5 stars.
Apartment 35A – 1 bedroom with king bed, with a sofa sleeper and divan in living area so can comfortably sleep four. The crisp clean off-white marble floor makes you want to kick off your shoes right away. There are two big screen TVs, one in bedroom and one in living room (be aware that they run the same programming), a full kitchen – small…but loaded, and clean. The bathroom is in very good condition and well stocked with paper supplies and blow dryer. Good linen and simple but tasteful décor throughout the apartment. Only shortfall for me was hanging space for clothing, but not a big problem, rack on the back of bedroom door helped with that.
The place was perfect for my needs. Would absolutely stay again, and highly recommend. I love having my coffee on the patio in the cool early mornings looking out at the mountains. A peaceful way to start the day – then off for my morning run on the beach – heaven! I felt very comfortable and at home here.
The highlights for me: This apartment was recently refurbished, well looked after and very clean. I felt safe and secure there. Plenty of hot water with excellent water pressure. Good strong Wi-Fi and cable TV. The location was close to all conveniences and the little section of the beach was well kept; and yes it closes at 6:00PM. The general facility seemed to have undergone some rehab; grounds and pool were clean and well kept. Security was very good. Except for a late night burger at the Sand Bar, we did not utilize the restaurants/bars. We were out early and back late. All staff we came in contact with were warm and friendly. I met another owner on site who owned two studio loft apartments – both in excellent condition as the one I stayed. I think owners are now motivated to invest in their units as the business demand is strong. As for my stay in apartment 35A – my expectations were surpassed. Thanks for a great experience.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: That the place was very clean.
Liked least: Could use more closet space for hanging clothes.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jun 1, 2016
Hi Annie,

Thank you so much for staying with us at Sand castle , we do appreciate your kind words.
Please come again.
Mellie26
Kingston, Jamaica
“Great Choice for Stay. Value for Money”
Reviewed April 9, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
person found this review helpful

The place is located in the centre of the town close to shops, restaurants, bars and club. The place was clean and welcoming. It felt like a home away from home. The host Joan was really nice and our next vacation will be a the same place if available. Value for money!

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Apr 10, 2016
Thank you so much Melissa for your kind words..I am so happy you chose sand Castle. Please come again and tell your friends and family.

Thanks
Joan
Ynolde
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed April 5, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

Located in the heart of the town! Loved that the beach is next door. Apartment very clean and i had no problems. Will come back soon

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
May 31, 2016
Thanks so much for your kind words.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing