“best part of our cruise - Blue Hole w Peat Taylor tours!”
Review of Peat Taylor Tours

Peat Taylor Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Peat Taylor is Jamaica's First Independent Tour Operator, been in the Tour business since the age of 21. He has Toiled to be the first Operator on the Island to have an Internet fanbase. He has maintained a highly reputable name for the 28 years in Jamaica's Tourism industry as the most spoken of Jamaican guide on the internet. And he keeps a very strong operation which is Family based(Son & other Relatives). Without a doubt they remain #1 in customer satisfaction for adventure or sight-seeing tours and ground transport islandwide, Jamaica. Try Peat Taylor Tours for the Best authentic Jamaican experience. You will for sure get a real Jamaican tour guide to safely show you Jamaica like a local would see it, in clean air-conditioned vehicles. Enjoy Jamaica's lovely reggae music, get to know the local culture, have a blast at Jamaica's fun-filled attractions like Dunn's River Falls, Cool Blue Hole (a.k.a Irie Blue Hole or Secret Waterfalls), Beach Horseback Ride n'Swim and river tubing on the White River or go for a swim as agitated water around you glow in the Luminous Lagoon just to say a few of their customary island experiences. You will also get a chance to learn a little of their local Jamaican Patois(Pronounced Patwa) dialect.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“best part of our cruise - Blue Hole w Peat Taylor tours!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My extended family loved every minute of our tour to Blue Hole in Ocho Rios with Peat Taylor Tours. We had family members from 65 years old to 6 years old and the whole group LOVED it. Our driver was O'neil. He and his partner kept us entertained from Falmouth to Blue hole and back. Our kids are still quoting them - they learned some great one-liners and jokes. And Blue Hole was wonderful. The guides there are also incredible. We all loved little T. They helped us all climb around, provided a life jacket for the 6 year old, stayed by my mom to help her and encouraged us all to try different jumps. We were able to leave all our belongings on the Peat Taylor bus. DO wear water shoes. Water is refreshingly cold. You must do a bit of walking and some minor climbing but again the local guides will help you. It is mostly in the shade so don't waste too much time applying sunscreen - just get off the bus and go. Leave anything on bus that you don't want to get wet- although the guides will help hold onto a camera for you. It's about an hour and 1/2 at Blue hole but the time flies by. Everything about this excursion was great. It was the best part of our cruise! We highly recommended Peat Taylor Tours. Don't forget cash to tip the local guides at Blue Hole.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank momandarmywife

Delray Beach, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Peat Taylor made us feel welcomed!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My fiance and I used Peat Taylor when we went on our cruise back in February. After talking about what a great time I had with friends, I realized I forgot to give them an excellent review!

Peat was waiting for us as soon as we docked and had our names and what we were planning on doing. We opted for doing the Blue Hole and the White River Tubing. Other people on the tour were doing other excursions so I was curious how the timing would work out. Peat and his son were talking to us the whole time. It was great. He talked about the culture and was very humorous too! He gave us the opportunities to buy a cold Red Stripe in the van (we had two) and some of the Jamaican patties! So tasty!

Our first stop was the Blue Hole and WOW! That place is one of the most beautiful hidden treasures. Everyone said that if you want a little more of a private experience, do the Blue Hole instead of Dunn's River Falls. I am so glad we did. Peat dropped us off with his son and his son was great. He was very friendly and made sure the tour guides at the Blue Hole were making us feel welcomed. There was also a spot where we could put our stuff and the son watched over it the whole time. I did not feel worried about our valuables once! We spent a great deal of time there and ended the Blue Hole tour just in time for us to be picked up by Peat.

We were the only ones on the tour doing the White River Tubing so he made a stop and dropped us off and he continued on his way and said he would pick us up when we were done. He let us put all of stuff in the front of the tour van and would watch over it. The tubing part was okay but I probably would not do it again. The water was a shallow due to the hurricane they had last year and the currents weren't as strong. We had to be pushed quite a bit because there were spots that would be completely dry. When we go to the end, I was scared we would be waiting around since the White River Tubing only takes about a half hour but I was wrong.

One of Peat's employees had a car waiting for us as we finished! Since our stuff was with Peat, we didn't have any money to tip our Tubing Guide and Peat's employee gave us some of his own money to give to the guide and trusted that we would return the money. What a life savor! That would have been rude leaving him empty handed. We got privately driven back to the main town and met up with Peat and all was well! It was great and am so glad we went with Peat Taylor Tours!

People just have to know that the excursions are very tip driven and that is just the way it is. Make sure you bring money to tip at each excursion. Instead of Peat doing the excursion himself, he hands us off to the people who know what they are doing and know how to show us some fun! If I ever go back to Ocho Rios, I will definitely be going with Peat Taylor again!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Deena G
Lake Wales, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Above and Beyond!!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We used Peat Taylor Tours for our excursion to the Blue Hole and the Luminous Lagoon. The trip to the blue hole was a short one so we didnt have a lot of time to get to know the driver but he was very informative on the ride over and friendly. I even tried to tip him and he gave me some of the money back saying I gave him too much!! :-)
Peat Jr. accompanied us to the TajMahal for some duty free shopping. Having him close by was reassuring and we ended up getting done early so it was nice to just load up and head back- no waiting on the driver to finish another excursion.
Our trip to the Luminous Lagoon was made by O'Neil and Cary- the ride was close to an hour and we joked and laughed the entire time. They were so friendly and down to earth that the trip seemed like it was only minutes.
I am SO happy that we put our trust in Peat Taylor tours and I would highly recommend them to anyone traveling in Jamaica!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mellissa A
Montréal
“Great tour a guide”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Bus was there at exact time. O'Neil Taylor was awesome and very good entertaiment
We went to Dunn' Falls and Bamboo Blue Beach.

Tyrone, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“BEST Excursion Ever! Blue Hole and River Tubing!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We were due to arrive in Fallmouth on the Allure of the Seas. I read all of the reviews and asked everyone for opinions before I contacted Peat Taylor Tours. We arrived at the port and met Benji and Mr. Clifton. Our first stop was the Blue Hole. They held all of our belongings in their van and off we went to jump off the Blue Hole cliffs (including a rope swing). My family included my 10 and 14 year old girls. We were suppose to go climb the Falls afterward but were too exhausted so we asked to go River Tubing instead. They happily changed the tour! What an awesome experience! It's like one big lazy river ride - but on the White River. Incredible! Benji talked to us the entire trip and gave us information about the area. He and Mr. Clifton were truly the best part of our cruise. Thanks for making our experience in Jamaica truly memorable!

Visited May 2014