“Peat Taylor Tours the only way to go in Jamaica” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Peat Taylor Tours

Peat Taylor Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Peat Taylor is Jamaica's First Independent Tour Operator, been in the Tour business since the age of 21. He has Toiled to be the first Operator on the Island to have an Internet fanbase. He has maintained a highly reputable name for the 28 years in Jamaica's Tourism industry as the most spoken of Jamaican guide on the internet. And he keeps a very strong operation which is Family based(Son & other Relatives). Without a doubt they remain #1 in customer satisfaction for adventure or sight-seeing tours and ground transport islandwide, Jamaica. Try Peat Taylor Tours for the Best authentic Jamaican experience. You will for sure get a real Jamaican tour guide to safely show you Jamaica like a local would see it, in clean air-conditioned vehicles. Enjoy Jamaica's lovely reggae music, get to know the local culture, have a blast at Jamaica's fun-filled attractions like Dunn's River Falls, Cool Blue Hole (a.k.a Irie Blue Hole or Secret Waterfalls), Beach Horseback Ride n'Swim and river tubing on the White River or go for a swim as agitated water around you glow in the Luminous Lagoon just to say a few of their customary island experiences. You will also get a chance to learn a little of their local Jamaican Patois(Pronounced Patwa) dialect.
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Peat Taylor Tours the only way to go in Jamaica”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Came across Peat Taylor when searching for different excursion options and so glad I did. We had a great time and learned alot about the area too. Peat and his son Ainsworth took us to Dunn's River Falls first and then we went up the back mountain roads to the Cool Blue Hole. Dunn's River is a really cool place, but very commercialized. Cool Blue Hole is an amazing hidden paradise with waterfalls and deep blue holes. Enjoyed swimming, jumping off the rocks and the rope swing. We had booked a 3 stop tour that also included tubing on the White River but felt we were going to be cutting it too close to get back to the port so Peat took us into town for a little shopping after picking up some Jamaican "cheeseburgers" from a small local stand. Peat and Ainsworth were fun to spend the day with and made you feel like family. I would recommend anyone visiting Ocho Rios to look up Peat and book your tours or island adventures through him. Will definitely use him again if we ever get the opportunity to return.

3 Thank 4x4jackson

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“These guys were the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Wow, my experience would never be the same if I didn't book with these guys!
I liked them so much I booked them the whole next day.
First day, Blue Hole and 9 Mile.
Second day, 8 hours, Och to Kingston-Trench Town-Port Royal.

We had Eugene and Ainsworth and they were absolutely great, we felt like good friends hanging out! Ask Eugene to show you Million Mountains and Prickle Pole.

Thanks guys!

1 Thank Tony G
Boston, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“O'Neill rocks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

O'Neill, the son of Peat Taylor, might have been the most friendly and entertaining tour guide I've ever had. He's genuinely passionate about Jamaica and naturally talented in entertaining a crowd. I and my fiancé went on a day-long tour with him (Dunn's River Falls, river tubing and Blue Hole) and loved it all throughout. As little as it seems to be known, the Blue Hole was my favourite. There, a friend of O'Neill's, Julian, another super-friendly Jamaican, took me down to Blue Hole and showed various quirks around it.

The tour with O'Neill was the highlight of our 7-night cruise to Western Caribbean.

1 Thank trrraveLoverrr
Thunder Bay, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience and Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Recently did a full day tour with Pete Taylor Tours and had a great time. We left on time and arrived back to our cruise just on time. I had been to Jamaica once before and had taken a ship based tour and didn't feel like I got great value, whereas our guide with Pete Taylor tours was hilarious and ensured we had a good time and also learnt a fair bit about the real Jamaican culture. I would highly recommend Pete Taylor tours for your next Jamaican adventure.

On the tour bus there is water and Red Stripe beer for sale and the tour will even stop at a local eatery or corner store if there's anything else you want to grab. The good thing about Pete Taylor tours is you can customize your day to meet your needs.

3 Thank AJ_Bluejays
Juneau, Alaska, USA
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Above and Beyond!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

We just returned from a cruise of the Western Caribbean and our first stop in Ocho Rios we went on the Blue Hole and tubing down the White River.
We were met at the cruise ship terminal by our driver. Very easy to find. We were so excited about having an opportunity we got separated from the rest our group at the Blue Hole by heading down the trail right away. The young men at the Big Blue Hole were all so helpful. They said they all pool their tips at the end of the day so it didn't matter. We had a blast jumping into the pools of water to anywhere from 3 to 25 feet up, swinging on the rope swing and more. Make sure to bring and wear you water shoes. I had forgotten mine on the ship and really missed having them as the rocks were a bit sharp on my feet at times.
The River tubing was next and we only had the two of us a and our tour guide going down the river together. What a fantastic experience. We choose this excursion because the prices were better than they had on the ship and because you didn't have to wear a life jacket when tubing down the River.
Our tour guide with Peat Taylor tours also made a stop at a little store for free rum tasting where you could use the potty before taking us to the Blue Hole and after they stopped and got us beef patties, as a snack. They are like a cheeseburger turnover, but a little on the spicy side.
When we were met at the cruise ship terminal I let our driver know I needed to find a place to fix my glasses. They found a great spot that repaired them at no charge.
I highly recommend using Peat Taylor to customize your tour. We felt safe and well cared for. It was one of the best parts of our trip.

1 Thank karenlrite