“What a blast!”
Review of Peat Taylor Tours

Peat Taylor Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Peat Taylor is Jamaica's First Independent Tour Operator, been in the Tour business since the age of 21. He has Toiled to be the first Operator on the Island to have an Internet fanbase. He has maintained a highly reputable name for the 28 years in Jamaica's Tourism industry as the most spoken of Jamaican guide on the internet. And he keeps a very strong operation which is Family based(Son & other Relatives). Without a doubt they remain #1 in customer satisfaction for adventure or sight-seeing tours and ground transport islandwide, Jamaica. Try Peat Taylor Tours for the Best authentic Jamaican experience. You will for sure get a real Jamaican tour guide to safely show you Jamaica like a local would see it, in clean air-conditioned vehicles. Enjoy Jamaica's lovely reggae music, get to know the local culture, have a blast at Jamaica's fun-filled attractions like Dunn's River Falls, Cool Blue Hole (a.k.a Irie Blue Hole or Secret Waterfalls), Beach Horseback Ride n'Swim and river tubing on the White River or go for a swim as agitated water around you glow in the Luminous Lagoon just to say a few of their customary island experiences. You will also get a chance to learn a little of their local Jamaican Patois(Pronounced Patwa) dialect.
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“What a blast!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Having read all the reviews on TripAdvisor I expected Peat Taylor to be excellent ... and it was. I received a very prompt confirmation email in reply to our inquiries. We arrived in Ocho Rios onboard the Norwegian Dawn and were easily directed to Peat Taylor Tours, Pete Jr., who was waiting for us. Everything about this day/excursion was exceptional. We were lucky enough to only be sharing our tour with one other couple. We were driven to Irie Blue Hole where we had a fantastic time. Pete handed us over to our tour guides, Dylan and Whiz, very pleasant happy young men who were just fun to be around. They walked us up the falls and made sure our footings were sure. They were easy to talk with. I am not a swimmer, and these guys were so patient with me as I worked up my nerve to jump into these pools. They were there to "catch" me if necessary and even though I managed to do the swimming myself, they were right there for me giving me the safety net I needed. This excursion walking up the falls and jumping in and swimming does take about a 3 level of activity. Watershoes are a must. Bring your tip money because you are going to be so thrilled you'll want to leave each of these guys with a really nice tip. Pete stopped to buy us some sort of pasty thing that was delish out of his own pocket. That was above and beyond. Our other couple wanted a beer so Pete got that for him. We finished up our tour at Scotchies for jerk chicken. It was a very quaint place and I liked it. It is very affordable. Don't forget to buy Pete lunch and offer to do it right away. I didn't get it done in time and felt badly. (I made up for it I hope with my tip.) Pete Jr. was informative and a pleasure to be with. I give them an outstanding for service.

We didn't experience any of the negative things you hear about in Jamaica because we were with this tour. I can't wait to go back! (While I can still do these things. I'm 53 this year.)

Visited April 2013

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Don't hesitate to book and ask for Vincent”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Last Wednesday we had a great day with Vincent with Peat Taylor Tours. He was such a gentleman, and we saw the beautiful countryside with him including the Blue Hole and zip-lining. We really enjoyed seeing the lovely and friendly Jamaican people. We were the only two that asked for that tour, so Vincent specially took us all over the island. He even walked us up to the ship after our tour and made sure we were back well before our sailing time.
Also, what a nice surprise to have Peat Taylor check on us during the tour and to meet his beautiful wife... It is obvious that they care about every step of the tour. The price is reasonable, so skip the cruise tours and email Peat Taylor.
We are so glad we saw the website on Trip Advisor.

Mica and Steve Brooks
Valdosta, Georgia

Visited June 2013
Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Awesome again!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

When we booked a cruise stopping in Jamaica I knew I would contact Peat Taylor for a day trip. As we used his tour/transportation company a couple of years ago and were very satisfied there is no one else that I would consider. Upon contacting Peat through his website he responded quickly and gave us a quote for a private tour that was so much more reasonable than the cruise ship's excursion prices there was no question that would would use them again.

Myself, my husband and two teen boys were picked up at the cruise port in Falmouth by Repeat (Peat's son-gotta love the nickname!) as soon as we docked. Our first destination was Doctor's Cave Beach, which I have reviewed separately, and we loved it. I asked to go to a private/less crowded/nonpublic beach and Repeat delivered well here. On the ride to the beach we were all full of questions about Jamaica and Repeat answered all of them even detouring to show us parts of the area and neighborhoods we were curious about (mind you this was not part of the package deal). He stayed close by when we were at the beach and then took us to Scotchies for lunch where he would not allow us to buy him a meal (I did get him to at least let us buy him a cold drink). He was such a gentleman, taking pictures with the boys and answering their relentless questions! Repeat made us feel safe the whole time we were in Jamaica and we felt like family friends by the time the tour was over. I asked to go shopping off the beaten path after lunch for a few specific items I wanted to bring home and again my request was honored. Repeat never made us feel like we were on any timeline other than our own and was willing to take us wherever we wanted to go. The Jamaica tour/stop off was my favorite of the cruise and I cannot wait to go back again. I would obviously use Peat Taylor Tours again and recommend them to anyone looking for great service at an excellent price.

Visited June 2013
Windsor, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beyond Expectations!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

During a recent cruise, I booked an excursion with Peat Taylor tours after extensive research on where our family should spend their day in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. This was my fifth visit to the island but my first via ship. After arriving at the port we were easily direct to the proper location and introduced to Peat (not moss) and his son P.J.. We ( my wife and daughter 12yrs.) were informed that the only party going to Bob Marleys with Peat at that time were us. We were then given a private ride 3000 ft. above sea level with P.J. to Bob's childhood home. We stopped for photos and at an elemetary school in the mountains where my daughter had her photo taken with the children who were singing for us, It was a breathtaking ride ( just a little bumpy). The tour was entertaining and full of flavourful characters and information. On the way back to port we stopped at the "Blue Hole". The young guides demonstrated a few cliff jumps into the fresh water spring in which we followed, at different heights mind you. We walked below the waterfalls and I even wriggled my way through a tiny cave below the falls. There was also a swing we launched from into the emerald green fresh water pool. The whole experience exceeded our expectations and I wouldn't hesitate for even a moment to do it all again. Thank you Peat and especially P.j. for a day we will never forget.

D'Arcy Windsor On. Canada

Visited May 2013
2 Thank DArcy M
Lexington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome Time In Jamaica”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Just finished the cruise three days ago and this being my first experience in Jamaica, its was by far the best out of all the ports. My friend booked us an excursion with Peat Taylor Tours. Peat Taylor Jr. picked us up along with his little brother, the driving was safe and as he said "has Ph.D. in driving." Along our 35 minute trip to the Irie Blue Hole, Peat Jr, gave us fun facts about Jamaica, including some of the locations where a lot of the James Bond movies have been filmed. Upon arriving to the Blue Hole, Peat and his brother stayed with us until we had experienced the entirety of the waterfall and the hole. The guides there were friendly and provided us with place after place to jump into the water as well as pictures. Even after we finished the Blue Hole and went to the River Rafting, he remained with us. They both went into the stores that we wanted to go into as well to keep us from being badgered. I would HIGHLY recommend Peat Taylor Tours and the Irie Blue Hole. It was by far the best part of my vacation.

Visited May 2013