“Irie Blue Hole (Secret Falls) & Lunch at Scotchies!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Peat Taylor Tours

Peat Taylor Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Peat Taylor is Jamaica's First Independent Tour Operator, been in the Tour business since the age of 21. He has Toiled to be the first Operator on the Island to have an Internet fanbase. He has maintained a highly reputable name for the 28 years in Jamaica's Tourism industry as the most spoken of Jamaican guide on the internet. And he keeps a very strong operation which is Family based(Son & other Relatives). Without a doubt they remain #1 in customer satisfaction for adventure or sight-seeing tours and ground transport islandwide, Jamaica. Try Peat Taylor Tours for the Best authentic Jamaican experience. You will for sure get a real Jamaican tour guide to safely show you Jamaica like a local would see it, in clean air-conditioned vehicles. Enjoy Jamaica's lovely reggae music, get to know the local culture, have a blast at Jamaica's fun-filled attractions like Dunn's River Falls, Cool Blue Hole (a.k.a Irie Blue Hole or Secret Waterfalls), Beach Horseback Ride n'Swim and river tubing on the White River or go for a swim as agitated water around you glow in the Luminous Lagoon just to say a few of their customary island experiences. You will also get a chance to learn a little of their local Jamaican Patois(Pronounced Patwa) dialect.
Tyler, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Irie Blue Hole (Secret Falls) & Lunch at Scotchies!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We arrived at the Falmouth Pier, through the shopping areas and out to meet Peat Taylor Jr. (Repeat). If you don't find him, ask someone to help. It seems most people know him and
Peat Taylor Tours. It was smooth from the beginning to end. Peat Jr. was our guide and explained the scenery, important facts and some history along the way to our first stop:
Irie Blue Hole. About 45 min. The water is gorgeous, the people who work there take extremely good care of you and very friendly. Never pushy, never rude and they are always looking out for your safety.

They have 3 or 4 cliffs to jump into the water. My husband did the 50' jump and I did the chicken jump, which was about 10'. It was perfect! They jump into the water after you to make sure you get to the right place to climb out and also there if you need assistance. I really appreciated that. They also do amazing dives off of the cliffs for your entertainment and they are very talented!

The water was cool but not too cold to get in. They allow you to swim a little while, if you like and take a rope swing off into the water. My husband did this a few times and had a smile on his face the entire time.

Peat Taylor Jr. is there waiting for you and you may feel free and comfortable leaving your items in the car/van. He locks the car/van and takes care that your items are safe. Although, I would leave any valuables in the Ship/Hotel safe only as a precaution. We left our huge backpack full of items on each stop and never felt uncomfortable about it.

Tips: Please tip the divers at Irie Blue Hole. As you will see, they deserve it!
We also tipped Peat Jr. $70 and bought his lunch at Scotchies. It didn't seem like
we over paid at all because of the care, caution and concern he gives throughout. Peat
stated that the minimum wage for 40 hrs.work week is about $80 USD.

We took lots of pictures and then headed out for lunch at Scotchies. Along the way, we made a little detour up a beautiful residential area to a lookout. The restaurant and bar were very clean and safe. I changed my bathing suit and we had a drink. Very relaxing and great place for pictures.

We left this spot and headed to Scotchies for lunch. It deserves the rave reviews and it was the best jerk chicken I have ever had. Very reasonable prices, clean and comfortable spot.

Now, as for Mr. Peat Taylor Jr. Wow! His parents must be so proud of this young man. I have a son his age and another a few years older. I believe he said he was 24 years of age.
This young man is extremely mature, intelligent and very kind. He seems to be a gentle soul with a beautiful smile....and dimples! He made us feel as if we were shielded, comfortable and able to relax and enjoy this absolutely gorgeous place.

I must say that we had our reservations about coming here but I would recommend
Peat Taylor Tours to anyone who was interested.

Long story short: My son had cancer twice, now he is an adult. I became sick and he played this Bob Marley song for me to make me feel better. "Three Little Birds". Well, on the way back to the Pier, Peat Taylor Jr. sings for you and that song was included. Wow, did I shed a few tears! He has a great voice as well.

On a side note: Irie Blue Hole and Secret Falls ARE the same place. Another tour company touts the Secret Falls as being a different place that only they go but it is, indeed, the same place, according to Peat Jr. There is another Blue Hole in Negril, however.

If I could give 100 stars to Peat Taylor Tours, I would. So I rated them Excellent, as they surely deserve it!

Thank you Peat Taylor Jr. for such a wonderful experience, making us feel so welcome and being the incredible young man you are. I also thank your parents for doing such a good job with you and this great Tour company!

The Botha's
March 7, 2013

11 Thank ColetteB1962

Raleigh, North Carolina
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Wonderful Family Company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We are so glad we connected through Trip Advisor with Peat Taylor Tours. We got to Dunn Hill River Falls before it became crazy crowded, and did enjoy that adventure, BUT the Irie Blue Hole was truly wonderful. The ride was interesting, climbing up some windy back roads.
The staff at the falls were friendly, enthusiastic and talented. Watching them dive was very cool, jumping from the cliff and swinging from the rope into the churning water was exciting. They were clear in their directions and capable swimmers, able to help you out in the strong currents.
The facilities are being improved and it will be interesting to see how they develop the attraction without harming the beautiful surroundings.
This attraction is more fun if you are a fairly good swimmer and in pretty good physical condition, but Peat Taylor and family can give you very good advice on how to best enjoy your stay in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Do not worry if you are on a cruise, they are completely reliable and know many nice short cuts around town too.

4 Thank Jacalyn E
Hamilton, Bermuda
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“March Break 2012”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

My girlfriend and I took a 9 day trip to Jamaica in March 2012, we stayed at breezes trewlawny, which was ok, but Peat and Peat jr were the coolest, most knowledgeable and most memorable part of the trip. We booked them two days in a row for four different trips, just the two of us went and we found the cost very reasonable for what you get. The first trip we got picked up by Peat Jr. in a new Toyota Landcruiser with leather interior. sweet ride and Peat Jr's a sweet guy. Ask him anything about Jamiaca and he'll give you an answer. We went to Nine Mile, Dunns River, scotchies, river rafting, some shopping and the best part, Blue Water Hole, over the two days. The second day two other drivers picked us up in a van(no landcruiser, but nice). the two tourguides were just as good as nice as Peat Jr., Ainsworth i think was one of their names, anyway, both really nice and knowledgeable as well. met up with one of their cousins at blue water hole, did some cliff jumping, diving, nature walk, it was really cool as we felt we got to see a piece of the "real" Jamaica and hear about the history through a regular local persons eyes. Going to Scotchies for a flass a rum an ting. it was awesome. Sorry it took us a year to write a review Peat, but we're still on islans time mon!See you again for sure! Irie! Rod & Di

Visited April 2012
3 Thank ChefRockfish96
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent Company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We recently used Peat Taylor Tours while we were in the Falmouth Port for a day. We honestly had heard some not so great things about Jamaica and wanted to make sure we were safe, and back to our ship on time. We enjoyed our visit so much that we would consider going back to Jamaica as a destination. We felt safe the entire time we were there.

We were originally greeted at the pier by O’Neil, moments later we were joined by Melbourne. Both men were very friendly and very informative about there country. We took a drive up to Dunes River Falls, which we enjoyed very much. We then were met by Peat Jr. who brought is to Irie Blue Hole. Another great experience! We were then taken to Scotchies for lunch and to meet up with the rest of the tour group along with O’Neil and Melbourne. Overall our tour was amazing. We always felt safe and like we were with friends. I would use this tour company again and recommend them to my closest family and friends!

My only suggestion to folks reading this to make sure you have money for gratuities. As you go along from location to location there seems to be quite a few people to tip. When you get to Dunes River you will have a River Guide who works for gratuity then at Irie Blue Hole you have another guide who works for gratuity. Then of course your fabulous guides. Everyone we met exceeded our expectations and deserved the money but we could tell some people on our bus who had booked at the pier (and not in advance) had not been prepared to do so.

1 Thank Abd213
Genoa, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience with Peat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

My sister had the foresight to book us before we left home and what a great idea that was. Peat picked the four of us up from the cruise ship and started our day with a visit to Irie's Blue Hole. Oh my gosh, I have never seen anything more beautiful in my life. A secluded spot with the most beautiful waterfalls and the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. They led us around the falls, helped us jump off cliffs, rope swing, walk down the falls (yes, you heard me, walk down the falls) and just all out enjoy ourselves. This is a treasure that you must see to believe and the guys there are truly exceptional people! Then Peat took us tubing down the White River. Our guide was Rapheal and his dog Spot, who actually rode with me all the way down the river. There were a few really fun small rapids but overall just a wonderfully relaxing tube down the river with Rapheal singing to us the whole time. You can't go wrong with Peat Taylor Tours. He was very helpful, informative and courteous the entire time. What a pleasure!

Visited February 2013