“Tour was not what I asked for” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Phil Lafayette Tours

Phil Lafayette Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Phil Lafayette Tours offer a personalized and professional service with a Jamaican flavor. Our team will let you discover the island’s natural beauty. We will share the history, culture, music, and hidden treasures of Jamaica. Our promise is to deliver quality service and customer satisfaction at an affordable price. We go above and beyond our customers’ expectations, ensuring that you leave with a love for the island and a great desire to return.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Clermont, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Tour was not what I asked for”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I want to start by saying Phil is a very nice man and we felt very safe and comfortable with him. I was also impressed that he personally called me back after I e-mailed his company and that he was our tour driver.

However, I was very specific when I spoke to him and e-mailed him about what I wanted to see and do. There was a group of 8 of us, I had thought it was going to be just us on the tour since he was willing to customize it to what I wanted. Not so, it was us along with 2 other couples. We were told to get off the ship ASAP which we did. We sat waiting in the parking area for one of the couples and then he said we were going to wait for an additional couple, well this seemed like forever, but was probably about 30 - 40 mins. But, when all the other tour buses leave and you are still there in the parking lot and your 4 hour tour time is ticking away you get alittle upset. He then decided to leave without the additional couple, thankfully.

Our first stop was to Dunns River which was great and then I asked to stop at a beach which we did for 30 mins. I had also told Phil in our phone conversation and e-mail we wanted to make local stops like I had read in reviews, fruit stand to try coconut, have some jerk chicken, see the real Jamaica. I wanted to make a stop to get Blue Mountain Coffee.

None of that happened, the other couple in the bus had booked tubing as well with him, we did not want to go tubing. Well, he drives through a ghetto, which he called The Projects, to bring them to the tubing spot. He then insists we get out of the bus to look at the tubing area, I did not want to waste any more of my tour time, but as I said he insisted we ALL get out of the bus.

While they were tubing he brought us through an upscaled neighborhood to show us the houses. They are the same houses we have here in my town, but he needed to kill time to go and pick up the couple tubing. I tell him while we are driving that I had wanted to stop for coffee, coconut, etc.. he told me if I see some place let him know and he will stop. Sitting towards the back of the large tour bus/van it is kind of hard to see out the window as you are speeding by.

We go back to pick up tubing couple and then that was it, we went back to the port. He would have stopped at a shopping area right outside the port, but I was concerned since we did not have much time left before the ship was scheduled to leave.

We never got to try Jerk Chicken or fresh coconut and I never bought Blue Mountain Coffee like I had wanted. I was very disappointed with his tour. You can't offer someone a 4 hour tour, tell them you will customise it to what they want and then take other people with you that want to do other things. He gave us a great City tour from the van and was very informative, but that's not what I asked for.

Visited February 2013
5 Thank sgr12sgr

Detroit, Michigan
“Not what we wanted”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I agree with some of the reviews that if you want a tour of the city, Phil would be great for that. However, we paid for him to take us to the falls and then to tubing. What we got was a VERY slow moving tour of the city, eating up much of our valuable time in Jamaica. We drove around for 45 minutes and passed the ship we just got off!!

So, if you want to waist a lot of time driving around.......use Phil. If you want to get to the attractions with time to see everything......get someone else!

Visited February 2013
Woodmere, New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Phantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Phil was a great tour guide and kept the kids entertained throughout the ride from Flamouth to Dunn's River Falls. He educated us all and made the trip a lot of fun.
Would highly recommend his services.

4 attraction reviews
“A Great Tour with Phil!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

A group of six of us took a tour with Phil when our cruise ship stopped in Jamaica. Phil takes his job to heart and shares his love of his home with all of his guests. We stopped at Dunn's River Falls which is so pretty. No one in our group climbed the Falls and I really regret that now. After watching the climb on You Tube I thought it would be a lot worse then it was. If we ever return I would definitely make the climb. Following the Falls we were given a tour of the city. We stopped to let some of the people in the van do the tubing. Once again I regretted that we had not done that part of the tour and if we return we will add that. Phil made sure we had a great tour and even contacted us after to make sure we had a good time.

New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Phil was great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Phil met us at the cruise ship port and took us to Dunn's River falls and the beach... he was a great tour guide and easily managed a group with multiple needs and agendas. His bus was clean and safe and he was an excellent tour guide! I would reccomend him to anyone! Thanks Phil!

1 Thank mkl1223