“Bamboo Beach Club tour - Ocho Rios”
Review of Bamboo Beach Club

$40.00*
Island Tour and Bamboo Beach Break
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come visit Jamaica’s popular Bamboo Beach Club where white sand, blue water and beautiful views create an unforgettable tropical paradise. Sprawling almond and palm trees line the seashore and create an atmosphere of relaxation and fun. Enjoy one of the most unique cultural experiences on the island, as live entertainment is ongoing and gives you a real feel of the Jamaican culture. Jamaican dancers, reggae drummers, exotic singers and artistic acrobats make up our distinctive troupe of professionals who present enjoyable performances right on the sand. Take a swim in the sea, dip your toes in the sand, and sip on cool glasses of unlimited beer, Jamaican mojitos, rum punch or lemonade as our DJ plays a fashionable mix of local and reggae beats. The food keeps coming as your charming hostesses with their friendly smiles and excellent service continually circle the Beach Club with an array of unlimited tasty dishes freshly prepared by our chef. These culinary treats are served "tapas style" and mix Jamaican and Asian accents to create cuisine that is sure to delight. Dancing in the morning, drinking cocktails at noon, and “taking it cool” is Bamboo Beach Club’s philosophy..
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Brisbane, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bamboo Beach Club tour - Ocho Rios”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We booked this tour on the Carnival Freedom. We had no idea what to expect but had a great day. Our hostess was Latoya and she couldn't have been more friendly and accomodating. Everything was sorted, bus ride to the beach, Beach chairs, entertainment, food and it kept coming... and of course rum punches - all day. The food was excellent. Our only tip would be to take small bills to pay for extras, as they tend to not have any change. Our party included elderly and teenager - all looked after.

Visited December 2011

• Polish first
Cedar Springs, Michigan
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“The food was awesome, the unlimited rum punch was more awesome!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Our excursion off the Carnival Freedom included a stop at Bamboo Beach. The food they served was very tasty with the carribean jerk spices. Maybe I did get carried away with the unlimited rum punch but it was good ! It was a great way to end our excursion off shore in Jamaica. We did not want to leave thats for sure.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank beachbum40w
New York, New York, United States
“One more night (a song I left the beach singing)...”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Bamboo Beach Club. The day started out sucky because of personal reasons but once meeting the host 'Quya' and going to Dunns River and then Bamboo Beach the day totally turned around. All I wanted to do was sit on the beach and relax and that is what I did. Quya was personable and high spirited and totally turned my frown upside down. He kept my whole group laughing!
The beach is beautiful and quiet and the food is plentiful and the drinks keep coming too! The end of our time there seemed to come to QUICKLY we did NOT want to leave.

Visited August 2012
Madison, New Jersey, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A nice day”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I booked this through Carnival Destiny as a combination Dunn's River Falls and Bamboo Beach Club excursion. Our two hostesses were with us the entire time. Although I forgot their names, they were warm, friendly and very helpful. The beach club is as advertized here. The beach was beautiful and private (which was the main reason I chose this excursion). The drinks were good, as were the food and entertainment.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Michael M
Manhasset, New York, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Day!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were picked up from pier from Carnival Freedom. Process was very organized, but because we are the type to always be on time, we had to wait for everyone else. Our guide was Norma, very sweet, well informed, helpful , she did a great job throughout the day and was our server at the beach party. After all assembled a quick mini bus trip to Dunn's Falls. Bus was clean and AC worked great. Driver was excellent also. She took us to meet our guide at Dunn's Fall, again very well organized and run. I don't know how they pick the guides...if she works with certain guides or it is a rotation, but if you can get Oliver, your experience will be extra special. I traveled with my 14 year old twins, and my 75 year old mother. As soon as Oliver saw my mom, he brought her to the front of the line and helped her along the way. She did the entire hike up the falls! The water is warm and the scenery is really beautiful. We all enjoyed this part of the trip. The only thing that could have made it perfect is if we had the place all to ourselves without the crowds. But even the crowds weren't too bad because we were there at about 8:30am. You get wet...they have lockers for everything and you must have water shoes. You can purchase them there if you don't want to lug them in your luggage. We had a video guy follow us and the end result was funny, cheesy, perfect DVD momento for our climb. After our climb, over one hour up! we all dried off and headed back to the parking lot. On your way out you pass through a vendor village, lots of items for sale. This part is hard because they ask ridiculous prices. I bought two cute wooden turtles for my kids painted in the Jamican colors for $12 US, the woman asked for $25, but you haggle. Don't be afraid of these people they are trying to make a living! We were tired from the hike up the falls and getting on that bus was great! It was a short ride to the beach. Beautiful spot in a cove surrounded by vegetation and sandy beach. The water was beautiful and I just wanted to swim there forever. There were chairs to nap on, I think everyone did, and a DJ and dancers. That was fine. The food and drink started coming out immediately. Norma and the staff did a great job going around offering food and drink. There was more than enough and if you wanted more they brought it to you. I enjoyed the local food, it was different type of greens, sausage, jerk chicken, rice, beans and some plantains. It was definately local style but isn't that what you are there for? It was tasty and my teens enjoyed it also. I'm not a drinker so after two rum punches and a beer I was refreshed. The drinks are light but if you drink enough you will get smashed...quite a few booze hounds in our group. The best part of the afternoon was just sitting looking at the scenery and swimming. My teens got a little bored, I wish that they had snorkels available to rent or a jet ski to rent for them. That would have been perfect. But it was still a great day. My biggest complaint is not with the local staff, but with my fellow travelers...I was horrified by the lack of respect towards our hosts. Jamaica is a poor country, if you are a tourist who can afford a vacation, you can afford to give a gratuity to the staff that made your visit so memorable. Our guides, drivers and others are working, not begging and they take pride in their work. One fellow passenger actually borrowed money from me at the falls to pay for the locker, he only brought $5. This means he didn't tip anyone. It was embarrasing to see everyone bolt off the bus because they didn't tip Norma or the driver. You pay $15 at home to see a 3D movie...you should be tipping the guides at least that! Trust me I am not a spokesperson for the guides, I am a teacher from NYC, and while in college I worked for tips, so I know what it is like.

Visited July 2012