When visiting Jamaica I was traveling with my girlfriend and two other couples and we were all staying at the Blue House. When pulling up to the house we were greeted in the drive way by Elise (the caretaker) and staff. First thing they offered us a drink and to take our luggage up to our rooms. We all had Rum Punch which was one of the better ones I drank while in Jamaica.
For the meals, I tend not to be that adventurous when it comes to eating food, but found that each meal had something for everyone. For example, when there was a fish dish there was also chicken. Every dish was superb, be open to try everything while there. You’ll be surprised how good everything tastes. Some of the dishes we had were: breakfast, Waffles with Pineapple Glaze, served with Jerk Sausage, Ackie and Saltfish (I wasn't the biggest fan), Eggs and Bacon (bacon was great) Dinner, Curry Goat, Seafood lasagna and parmesan chicken, Asian night which was really good. Every dinner was finished off with a good dessert, the chocolate won tons by far the best dessert I've had in a while.
The Staff was great, Elise is a good host. Always had information on what to do in the area and fun stories at the dinner table. The driver Elise found, Patrick, was the best guide/driver one could ask for. Very knowledgeable with Jamaica, where to visit, also made numerous stops for fresh fruit, and after our excursions had local snacks in the van, (sugar cane, sweetsop, coconut drops etc). The wait staff was awesome, Always making sure your drinks are full, always polite, asking how your day is going. Orlando and Mikey both enhanced the great time we had. The Chef Darryl definitely knows how to cook.
The rooms are quite cozy. The AC and ceiling fans quickly cool down the rooms after a hot day in the sun. The beds were comfortable. Showers plenty of pressure, Safes in the room, TV's with cable, It was nice having a computer with internet access. Only downside in the room there was no clock, a neighbor’s dog barked in the early morning one day out of the five for like 20 minutes but other than that very quiet.
The landscaping at the Blue House is nice. Hanging out in the Hammock at night was relaxing; You can see the ocean off the front deck. various flowers and fruit trees are on the property which are great to see in bloom. There are also a lot a Hummingbirds or Dr. Birds flying around and the feeder on the front deck is a great photo op. There are also some little lizards that run around that were fun to watch. The pool was a nice change of pace from the beach being warm and in the sun during the day.
Overall a great place, friendly, courteous and beautiful scenery. Would recommend to anyone that wants to experience Jamaica and in time hope to return myself
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue House Boutique Bed and Breakfast in Ocho Rios Jamaica offers all the intimacy and charm of a small boutique hotel at an affordable cost. Here's your chance to experience REAL JAMAICA in a cozy, elegant guest house with mouth-watering cuisine and genial, hospitable hosts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Blue House Boutique Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blue House Hotel Ocho Rios
- The Blue House Boutique Bed & Breakfast Jamaica/Ocho Rios