“You won't regret It! No Problem Mon.”

The Blue House Boutique Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 19 Ocho Rios B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“You won't regret It! No Problem Mon.”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Normally I don't do reviews, but in this case I had to make an exception. I stayed at the blue house from 07/22/12 to 07/29/12 with my birthday being on 07/25/12. In a word "Awesome". Had the best brithday week ever at 39yrs old. The food was ridiculously good, breakfast and dinner. Me being a vegetarian was no problem, they catered to my needs and made sure they cooked something I liked everday. The staff was wonderful. Thanks Elise, Mom, Darryl, Kerri-Ann, Yvonne, Lando and anyone else I forgot to mention. I'm not a big traveler and i love luxury, so I was curious how my stay was gonna be at the Bluehouse. It was GREAT! No complaints. Went on excursions everyday, my main driver was Patrick, Yea mon, no problem was the response for wherever i wanted to go. Special shot-out to my MASSEUSE, can't remember her name, but she gave me the best massage of my life, highly recommended. The staff made me and my girl feel welcomed and at home. I can't say enough good things about the bluehouse. If you are interested in something different than the hotel feel, please try the Bluehouse B&B. You won't Regret it! No Problem Mon. Happy 50th Jamaica.

1 Thank orickett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My 7 days at the Blue House was AWESOME! The food and service was excellent. Darryl you a have gift....We loved everything you prepared..Yum Yum! Lando, Carlin, Kerry Ann, the entire staff provided exceptional service and truly made us feel at home. Mom (Gloria) is the sweetness lady! Elise, your sincere spirit was refreshing and your hospitality is next to none - the best hands down! You made us feel like family!

If you're looking for a relaxing environment with stellar service and delish food it's The Blue House in Jamaica! Thank you Blue House for making our vacation a memorable one! Blessings.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Absolutely great. I have ben to Jamaica many time and love the island, the culture, the people, and the food. This is the richest Jamaica experience I have had and its like doing a homestay with family. GREAT day trips are easy from there. THe food is just hard to put into words, and I am a "foodie" - if the enjoyment of cuisine is part of your trip you must stay here. The food is hands down the best Jamaican food I have ever had in Jamaica or the states, and I eat a lot of it. Hard to describe the amazing culinary delight of Blue House. I love the beach, so I was glad to be able to go to Reggae Beach whenever we wanted. Its great, got to meet amazing people from the full spectrum of the Jamaican Diaspora.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed at the Blue House as part of a trek around the island where I was looking for things that are authentically Jamaican. Hands down, this place is second to none! It epitomizes what Jamaican hospitality and food is truly all about. It is one of those kinds of places that you want to keep to yourself and not tell anyone else about it, but so excited that you found it that you want to tell everyone about the experience. The property is about a mile or so (a quick ride) away form the famous Reggae Beach and some other beaches. It is situated on a quite road where it is nicely tucked away. If you drive too fast, you might miss it. The property is lush and have a zen-like feel to it. It is very relaxing and tranquil. The staff at the Blue House is also second to none. They are professional and extremely friendly from the initial email I sent to reserve a room to the point that you are there. They take great care in making sure that your stay will be the best you experience in Jamaica. I can see why they would be #1 at the time of me writing this review. The staff Kerry-Ann, Eleace (owner), Marlon and the team of some other young men (can't remember all their names) scurrying around to keep the place in tip-top shape and making your visit pleasant is simply amazing. The barefoot chef (Daryl) is an a class all by himself. His food is Jamaican food at its best. Better than most I have had anywhere else on the island. He too is just simply a warm person. I really enjoyed eating dinner with the owner. She is an extremely engaging woman and know so much about Jamaica and its culture. You truly feel like you are staying with either a close friend or family. In talking with her you will feel like you have known her all you life. She can point you in all the right directions of things to do and see.

The fact that the Blue House offers breakfast is enough, but their dinner option is truly out of this world. I would highly recommend including the dinner option during your stay. The rooms at the property are well decorated and a couple of them are of a exceptionally large. I stayed in the cottage in the back of the property. This is your best option if it is available. It is set apart from the house and is intimate, quite, peaceful and has a charming, romantic feel which will truly "satisfy your soul". It has a very private feel with a green, lush, tropical ambiance with a hammock and few humming birds flying around. The rooms are exceptionally clean and the beds a relatively comfortable.

In sum, the Blue House is great value for the money you will spend. When I am in the Ocho Rios area again, this will definitely be the place that I will be staying. I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Choose the cottage if it is available and in your budget.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jahmekyah
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The Blue House offers clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated rooms at a very reasonable price. The surroundings are truly tropical with lots of lush plants and flowers. It felt like an oasis. I would encourage you to choose the breakfast and dinner package, as the food is always excellent. The owner, Elise, is very friendly, and she makes you feel like family. She is a wealth of knowledge regarding what do do in Ocho Rios. Kerry-Ann was also very helpful when it came to organising our excursions. I must also thank Patrick, the driver, for being very prompt when it came to pick up times. He is very friendly, and accommodating, and extremely safe. Coming from Trinidad, it was strange having a driver that actually stayed below the speed limit! I stayed at the Blue House with my husband and I am very pleased I made the choice. Highly recommended!

Miramar, Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We spent only two nights and days at The Blue House, but, are already making plans to return for a longer visit. We stayed in the Upper Room. The decor is so comfortable. The bed is great. The shower is amazing. The gardens were so relaxing with many places you can sit and read or just enjoy the view.

But, this was not even the best part of our stay. It is the food. Breakfast and Dinner is included. It should not be missed!! Each meal was a true delight in both taste and presentation. Before you arrive, you are asked to inform The Blue House of your culinary likes and dislikes. But, be adventurous. You will not be disappointed. They then apply a Jamaican flair to it. It will blow you away.

It was also such a pleasure to come back from our daily plans and not have to think about what restaurant we should eat at, or what we would then pick off of the menu. Our dinner was always varied and plentiful. Both our palate and appetite was satisfied at each meal. Even the breakfasts were a delight. If you are a coffee drinker, even it was great.

I have not even mentioned the staff and the owners. All of the above only happens because of their committment to The Blue House and your comfort.

Room Tip: Look at their room photos to choose which is best for you.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We live in Kingston, and this was a short and much-needed break from the stress of the city. This was our first visit, and will not be our last! This is the perfect place to be lazy, self-indulgent and to unwind completely in a homely and peaceful atmosphere. If you want to go out, the town of Ocho Rios and the beach (Reggae Beach, which is very nice indeed) is also just a few minutes away. We stayed in the Cozy Cottage, which certainly lived up to its name. The house is snug and private, tucked into a hillside, very nicely furnished and decorated in warm tropical colors. The garden is just filled with flowers and birds - especially the hummingbirds, always competing for food - and behind the house is a tall forest which is also full of parrots, crows and many other birds. The hosts and the staff are kind and gracious. I could fill several pages in praise of Darryl, the "Barefoot Chef" - it was a gastronomic delight. Please see my photos to get an idea! If you are not too full, there are one or two good and reasonable informal eating places not far away - but believe me, you could save yourself for dinner with Darryl's cuisine! Incredible. The White River is a couple of minutes walk away and although we did not bathe in it, it looked tempting! But the pool at the house is lovely, not too much chlorine, a very relaxing area with sun and shade. If you want to read a full description with much more detail, please read the blog post I wrote about it at http://petchary.wordpress.com/2012/07/01/blue-days-in-white-river/ which also includes a full Flickr set of photos. Thanks to Elise, Darryl, Kerry-Ann and the hummingbirds for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple