ClubHotel Riu Ocho Rios
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Kima(Ocho Rios)
View Hotel
Seacrest Beach Resort(St. Ann's Bay)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
View Hotel
Rooms Ocho Rios(Ocho Rios)
  • Breakfast included
Ocean Sands(Ocho Rios)
9,154 results
All reviewsjerk hutdeluxe sidesir richardssports barplantation restaurantjerk chickenmammee bayjunior suitemain buffetdunns riverspecialty restaurantssafe keygourmet restaurantcool runningsentertainment staffevery other daytowel cards
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2009

Where to start!!! Myself and my now hubby went in July 09 for 2 wks to get married (just the 2 of us travelled) we went through Thomsons which had their faults but nothing to do with the hotel! When we arrived we were told that we could'nt get our room upgrade to the bridal suite as yet as the hotel was fully booked and to pop back to check availability, in the mean time we were in the basic rroms which were still great..
Although we dint have any towels and only a couple of coat-hangers we rung reception to which thyey said they would get some up t us....Had we have known it was going to be at 4am,well.... IT's JAMAICAN TIME was what we were told...You have to laugh though!!! we got our upgrade which was the best room in the whole hotel...3214...Just amazing..
The hotel was great the people were fab the food was excellent our wedding venue was amazing! Considering we went just the two of us we met around 20-30 people(all americans) who were just gr8 came to our wedding, i had 2 bridesmaids, witnesses,best man!!! The whole day couldnt have been planned better! (we even jumped in the pool with all our wedding gear on lol!!) The pool's were great and thefood omg there was soooo much choice and believe me i am a very fussy eater!!
we went to the dunns river, Margherita night, helecopter ride and loads more that were great. Pacha nightclub was a bit of a let down as it was all reggae and rnb music,which we like our dance music a lot better, the entertainment was great aswell michael jackson ws fantastic!!... U gota go there to do it all...
I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY APART FROM THIS WAS JUST LIKE A DREAM THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE WAS ONE I WILL HAVE FOR A LIFETIME!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
8  Thank moneypenny69
Reviewed September 1, 2009

We were sorely disappointed in this resort. Although the property is beautiful, the ammenities and dining leave much to be desired. Don't be fooled, there are no full service restaurants only mediocre buffets. The drinks are mediocre. No bottled water available at the pool bar. We won't be back.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Momoffour_39
Reviewed August 31, 2009

My husband and I spent 6 days and five nights at the Riu Ocho Rios resort. We were very impressed with the front desk service guy "Mr. Ortiz"...After I read previous reviews, I noticed that people received room upgrades, so I decided to ask...We were told they couldn't accomodate us for that day to return the following day to see if there is any available junior suites. As we were escorted into our original room, we weren't really impressed with the standard sized room. The room was rather small, which gave us more of a reason to push for the junior suite. The next day we went back and were given the junior suite and was very satisfied. The only thing that kinda bothered us about the room was that it smelled like cigarettes and it seemed as though something was wrong with the plumbing. AFter the toilet was flushed, it gave off this loud noise that lasted for about 20 seconds. We were almost freightened to use the toilet. Additionally, for 3 days straight we weren't given washcloths. WE made a number of attempts to contact the front desk to get in contact with room service and was unsuccesful. So we had to take showers using the very large face towels. The second day we decided to spend sometime by the pool ( also known as the quiet pool, near to the junior suites). We enjoyed the time spent immensely. There was one slight problem that made us run for the hills, we spotted a piece of feces floating in the pool. The lifeguard quickly removed it without a problem. For the rest of the stay, although we were a little bit reluctant to get back into the pool, we chose to go to the other pool. The food choices were amazing,however, we pretty much picked jamaica as a vacation choice to taste some of the real Jamaican cuisine. The variety of food were diverse, however, none of the high end restuarants offered real Jamaican food ( such as; oxtails, roti's, brown stewed fish, escoveitch fish, curry chicken, goat). We were really shocked. The restaurants were asian & italian restuarants? I understand the hotel wants to offer variety to it's guest, but, at least one restaurant should be geared towards carribbean foods. I'd like to give credit when it's due, the bartenders at the bars were amazing!!!! We wanted to commend Tanisha and Alli for giving us some good laughs too! As far as the spa's. My husband had massage therapist Michelle for neck back and shoulder massage and he really enjoyed it. I had a pedicure done by Charmaine and she was good, but, for a $50 pedicure, I could of did it myself. There wasn't a massage chair, the pedicure was done in a foot bucket. The pedicure took roughly 20 minutes. I was expecting a little bit more considering the price of the pedicure. We tried to make a 800 call, and wasn't successful? The telephone services is horrible. Not to end on a bad note, but the next time I visit Jamaica I may not return to the Riu Ocho Rios, I will recommend for families.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dana_rambo
Reviewed August 30, 2009

I would not recommend this hotel for kids. There are no activities . There is a game room down stairs with 4 game machine. I went to the game room with my 11 year old daughter and was told we need tokens to play the machine. The tokens were sold in the casino which was next to the game machine. I went into the casino and inquired about the token. My daughter was standing next to me . The lady inside the casino shouted at my daughter yelling at her to GET OUT!!! GET OUT!!!! because she was under age.( there was no one in the casino at that time of the morning). I went to the hotel manager to report her. The hotel manager took about 20 mins. to come out to speak with me. The manager came out she did not introduce herself. She later told me that that area of the hotel was rented out by the hotel so she will let her manager knows about it by email. The next day I went back downstairs to see if the lady from the casino was still there and she was . I guess customer concern is not valuable to the hotel. This hotel is not kids friendly. Everyone has to leave the pool at six pm because the pool closes at 6 pm. There is no entertainment for kids after dinner. This hotel is very boring after dinner. Nightlife sucks!!!!!!

The only great thing about the hotel was the front desk staff member Damion. He was friendly, great with the customers, jovial , excellent customer service skills.

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO A FRIEND

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank ORLANDOWOMAN
Reviewed August 29, 2009

This was our first real holiday as a family somewhere so far away as we've only previously been to europe & I was a sceptical about going to Jamaica as it was not my first choice! (But I let my husband have his way...) & I was NOT dissappointed. The RIU in Ocho Rios was aaaaamazing!!!! The hotel is set in stunning grounds & ALL the staff, especially our rep PAULINE made our holiday even more enjoyable from start to finish...The hotel even made my son (who turned 8) on our holiday a beautiful (& very tasty) birthday cake! Everything about the holiday was great...maybe the only downfall was the food, which by the end of our second week we were not going to miss...I think we'd eaten everything they had...TWICE! But still the food was lovely, but a bit more variety would have been good! The beach was beautiful...The pool did too, only by the second week there was a bug going round in the pool & all managed to catch it & all came down with ear infections etc...(But this cannot be helped I guess when so many people use the pool) We didn't let this spoil our holiday though, even if we did have to pay $220 USD to see the hotel doctor :-O I would definatly recommend the RIU in OCHO RIOS....Fanatastic place & people & we will definalty be going back in a couple of years.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family