We went with 25 people to a family wedding in Ocho Rios in February, 2014. The hotel was beautiful and the landscaping and surrounding area were amazing. All of their staff including front desk, bellmen, and wait staff were wonderful.
Here is a list of our problems:
1. First night there 3 of our family, upon arrival, were told they had no room even though they had the confirmation with them.
2. I had requested either a ground floor room close to the main building for my b-i-l and my husband and I. We were sent to the farthest room in the 3rd building which was almost impossible for my b-i-l to walk to
****Special kudos to Horace Heaven for helping my brother and sister-in-law get a room in the main building because he noticed how much trouble by b-i-l was having walking.****
3. We paid for an oceanview room and when we got into our room, also a mile from the main building, we had a cement wall instead of a railing.
4. The bride and groom's suite had no working air conditioning and the jacuzzi did not work.
When we found out were our rooms were we immediately requested new rooms and thanks to Horace, my in-laws were moved the next day. It took us until Monday to get into a room even though we said we'd take the in-law's room that they were vacating.
It also took the others at least 3 of their vacation days to get the problems with their rooms taken care of.
All in all, food was good, service at the restaurants was great, the employees were great BUT something has to be done about the way they have been trained to take care of people with room problems other than making them give up 3 days of their vacations moving rooms and standing at the front desk.
One other thing, if you have a bad back and the mattress is too hard, do not look for a comfortable chair in the room! They are like dining room chairs and harder than the beds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in northern Jamaica, on the beachfront. Two 6-storey buildings and one 5-storey building. Surrounded by 90,000 m2 / 107,000 sq. Yards of lush gardens. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 10 Km / 6.2 Miles to Ocho Rios. 4 Km / 2.5 Miles from various shops. 105 Km / 65 miles to Montego Bay airport. 600 M / 1,970 ft. From a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Ocho Rios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Hotel Ocho Rios
- Riu Ocho Rios Jamaica
- Riu Ochos Rios
- Rio Ocho Rios
- Club Hotel Riu Ocho Rios
- Rui Ocho Rios
- ClubHotel Riu Ocho Rios Jamaica