ClubHotel Riu Ocho Rios
Moon Palace Jamaica(Ocho Rios)
$606
$512
Bookit.com
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$115
Hotwire.com
Kaz Kreol Beach Lodge(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$120
$94
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
$384
$339
Ocean Sands(Ocho Rios)
$65
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$88
  • Pool
$749
  • Breakfast included
9,163 results
All reviewsjerk hutdeluxe sidesir richardssports barplantation restaurantjerk chickenmammee bayjunior suitemain buffetdunns riverspecialty restaurantssafe keygourmet restaurantcool runningsentertainment staffevery other daytowel cards
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We recently, unfortunately, wrapped up another stay at Riu Ocho Rios for spring break and it was awesome, again. We have been staying at this resort for the last 5 years after staying at all the other "All-Inclusive" hotels and find this place to be the best and most comfortable. The staff, the food, the service people, all are fantastic. Any problem we had has always been handled quickly and swiftly. We have 2 children and find this property to be very friendly for our family vacations. Many resort foods are not fresh and frequently changed up but at this property they are. A real nice change of local food and any other types you might request is available. The drinks are always great and full. I personally recommend having a "Jackhammer" from Kevon in the swim up bar on the deluxe side. The desk staff and sales staff have always been able to handle any request and not made it a big deal. Special thanks to Jason Brown who has always gone out of his way to make sure our stay is great, which is why I always refer any would be travelers to talk to him and they all come back happy. Thanks Riu and look forward to seeing you in July. Until then.......Irie Mon!

Room Tip: I would always recommend getting one on the water if you can. Nothing like waking up to the waves.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank GarynLori
Reviewed March 28, 2013

over all it was ok we had to switch rooms twice because they got the put as in a room that we did not book for food was not the best it is close to a lot of cool stuff like swimming with the dolphins duns river we had a blast their the stuff it really bad we think its because its been around a long time so they just got lazy sometimes we felt like we shoudent even tip great beach and pool nice shops in it great drinks so over all it was ok

Room Tip: don't get one next to pool to loud
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank matt75257
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stayed at this Gorgeous Hotel, in Jamaica a few days just before the March break, best time to go, you beat the rush , excellent pricing and enjoy your space….not too crowded you can always find a lounger by the Pool, remember to tip the Pool staff, they will take care of you.. smile . We stayed in the Deluxe Suites Section of the Hotel, on the 3rd floor and a bonus you have elevators should you need them, oh and wi-fi in your suite, should you choose to surf and contact your peeps back home. The Junior Suite with garden view & balcony, is just perfect you see the garden, pool, and green lush mount views, and the beach view. (You don’t have to pay for the Beach view suite price). As a party of three We needed the Space, and it was so worth it, easy check in & late check out, easy reservations for the a la carte restaurants, and close to everything , the main lobby bar, luxurious pool , swim up bar , lunch time restaurant, and the best beach side & a good walk to the “jerk chicken grill hut on the beach for lunch ..delicious. It’s a good stretch of beach, I was able to get my running done first thing in the Am, and it was just perfect.. beautiful views of the mountain ranges just beyond, not very long but beautiful, and security is visible for your protection, comforting but not in your face. Vacations are all about having fun, making memories, and getting away from your everyday stresses sooo don’t stress over the little things. Be kind and respectful to everyone, and in turn you will be treated with the same regard. Bring small bills to tip the staff, they work hard and enjoy looking after their guests, a smile, and greeting them by their names “they all wear name tags” makes all the difference and will enrich everyone’s experience. The FOOD oh my geezee fabulous delicious food varieties every day, theme nights, drinks, teas and the blue mountain coffee , sooo good. The Nightly entertainment, was good, lively and interactive, and the Disco late at Night after the shows excellent DJ, good mix, light shows, and a lively crowd, great times had by all.
This is my third trip to Jamaica, I’ve stayed in Montego bay, Negril and Now Ocho Rios, and I know someday I will be back.. Highly recommend the Rui Hotel in Ocho Rios it was just an amazing breath taking experience. Book and excursion or two , we did the Dunns River Climb, see my review .. you must do this.. be prepared for a Rush..

Room Tip: 3rd floor garden view junior suites are just perfect, garden, pool, and mountain range and beach views, and they have elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Smiles65
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Two fantastic weeks with my daughter - we had great fun and met lots of wonderful people

Arrival - welcome was good however I have never checked in using this method, we went to three different checkin stations but wow it worked wonderfully and was very swift. We were given our keys after automatically being upgraded to the De-Luxe wing. Our bags arrived at the room within minutes.

Hotel - Very clean, I could find nothing to complain about. The hotel was very clean. I would make some adjustments by adding a nice lounge area with a quiet bar and comfy chairs. I would also add some additional toilets as when you were in the restaurants or at the beach there was quite a walk to the nearest toilet.

Staff - excellent. We had great service from all. Front desk, very polite and helpful. Other bars had excellent barmen, George, O'Neil, Orville, Rushane, I could go on as we had great service from all. Thanks

Food - we visited all the a-la-carte restaurants. We found them to be very good the food was really good especially the steak house and the Sir Richard Gourmet restaurant. We wasn't very keen on the Tushimi, the food was ok but the staff in there did not seem very happy and the place lacked any atmosphere. The buffet restaurant was very good and spoilt for choice. A great variety of food, breakfast was yummy!

Pauline - Our Thomson rep was really helpful and very funny. I have never wanted to go to a welcome meeting twice but Pauline was so comical and obviousy very proud of her island of Jamaica. We went on 4 excursions, Cool Runnings Catamaran was fantastic we went up Dunns River Falls too which was invigourating after being showered with the refreshing waterfalls. We then went on the Lazy River Tubing, this was great fun, the guides were very informative and floating down the river and then into rapids was fantastic. The next trip was to Mystic Mountain and we went on the bobsled run. Well it had to be done we were in Jamaica!. It was thrilling and the view from the top of the mountain was amazing. I had the infinity pool to myself and relaxed and enjoyed the view of the Carribean, Just amazing!!. On our last weekend we went into Ocho Rios shopping. Not much to shout about here as all the shops had the same things ok if you wanted to buy some nik naks. At least we took in the experience.

The holiday was great and we are already looking at booking again for March next year, and hopefully this time some more of our family will come along with us. I will never forget our first visit to Jamaica.

ps forgot to tell you the beach is gorgeous - just what you would expect in the Carribean, blue sea, white sand and palm trees - idyllic!.

Room Tip: We were in the de-luxe wing in room 1378, third floor. We had a side view of the sea and was on the quiet side although we did get noise from the fire alarm regularly going off.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Ann C
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The main attraction for this resort is the beach and the pool. Both are really very nice with the beach being very long and deep and room to play volleyball. The sand could use a good raking as there was always debris on it. The rooms are solid but unspectacular (think 1988 decor). We had no issue with cleanliness in the rooms but our friends found some bugs in theirs. The buffet is far from gourmet but has a broad enough selection that we always found something good to eat. The a la carte restaurants are a complete joke and not worth the effort of signing up for. We ended up hitting the buffet after trying the asian restaurant. The biggest disappointment was the poor level of customer service provided by the staff, who I did not find particularly friendly or helpful. Not even tipping generously seemed to help much. My previous experience in Jamaica was amazing and so I believe it must be poor management at this resort that makes the difference. I would not go back to this resort with so many others to choose from.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends