$292
$270
$136
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$125
$115
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
$385
$339
Hotels.com
$75
$60
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$88
$78
The Blue House Boutique Bed & Breakfast(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$159
Official Site
Reggae Hostel Ocho Rios(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
$53
  • Bar/Lounge
Ocean Sands(Ocho Rios)
$65
$52
Casa De Shalom(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
9,409 results
All reviewsjerk hutdeluxe sidesir richardssports barplantation restaurantjerk chickenmammee bayjunior suitemain buffetdunns riverspecialty restaurantssafe keygourmet restaurantcool runningsentertainment staffmusty smelltowel cards
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We started out fine. Our flight was good except me and my husband didi not sit together. The ride to the hotel was ok the driver didn't give us our guided tour. We arrive at the hotel after 12 in the afternoon and we didn't get assigned to ur room until after 1:00. we stayed for 10 days and it was ok. I think it could have been better. The food and the drinks were ok. But I fine where we dined every day the female cater better to the men and if you are a Jamaican man the treatment was even better. The night shows could be a lot better. Last year show was better then this year. They had all new performers which did a not so good performance. But I have to say we had an ok time. We enjoyed the beach and the pools. I think next summer I will try a new vacation spot. I pick this place because it's close to my husband home and family. We have been coming here for the past couple of years and we never really had any complaints until this vacation.

Room Tip: As for the ocean view not parcel ocean view.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cb5817
Reviewed August 27, 2011

The problems started the moment we checked in which took three hours because they had left half of the people in our parties names off the reservation. The beds in the room were hard and made sleeping uncomfortable. We had to call for washclothes daily because only one or none were left in the room. Even after calling it took hours for them to come and bring them. There were ants in the room and bathroom. The food was often cold and lacked variety from day to day. The speciality resturant Sir John was nothing special. The Jerk Hut provided the best food of the trip. The staff was rude and uncaring when you reported a problem. This includes the managers.The shows were ok, but were not as kid friendly as they should have been. The beach and pool were nice and the highlight of my trip.Overall, I would not stay here again regards of how cheap the price was. In this case its better to pay more and go else where.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Leslie W
Reviewed August 27, 2011

The ages of all us that went are 55, 49, 33, 20, 17 and 14. We all left the resort feeling as if we had the best vacation. The standard room was beautiful, tile floors huge closet and bathroom, and the bed was hard but great. Trimmed in cherrywood to match the furniture. The entertainment was great. My kids partied in the disco and loved it. The lobby was beautiful and so were the people who work there. The pools absolutely beautiful. The activties to watch or participate. If your a foodie, you may be a little disappointed but you wont starve. However the locations of the places to eat are beautful. The elevator is HOT and HUMID. Also one key ( yes old fashioned key) per room. That was a big problem for our three rooms with only two of us per room. The beach is lovely and with plenty of chairs. I LOVED IT . Plenty of bars all over the resort and the bartenders are up on their game. Give them a couple of bucks because they deserve it and they are happy and even more accomdating. Just a beautiful vacay for all of us.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank LaurieInz
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I stayed at RIU Ocho Rios on the weekend of July 29th through August 1st with a group of friends and I must say it was a beautiful weekend. The resort was great. The property was beautiful overall. Very nice rooms and the food was enjoyable as expected. I would certainly return to RIU in a heartbeat. We are already planning another reunion at RIU.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank IslandFlow
Reviewed August 27, 2011

The hotel is very impressive with a lovely lobby and a much welcomed rum punch drink on arrival (the first of many!). I was first off the coach and so got checked in really quickly. A lot of people had a long wait as the reception desk seems to always be crowded and everythings seems to take a long time. Saying that we were upgraded to a junior suite in the new block 3 - thanks RIU. Room was lovely - 3rd floor with a fab pool/sea view, two double beds, lounge area and jacuzzi bath. Mini bar was always kept very well stocked and optics in room never ran dry (boy we gave them some hammer!). Room was spotless and cleaned thoroughly everyday with plenty of fresh towels etc. Staff were all friendly and helpful - we gave the odd tip which are greatly appreciated but to be honest we got great service all the time. It was a shame to hear some guests speaking down to the staff and then wondering why they got less than great service. A smile and manners cost nothing. Pool areas were noisy and lively - great when you fancied a good laugh (some games are not really child friendly though). Fine for us as we dont have any - but not sure some of the children should have been watching the karma sutra games etc. Beach is beautiful - plenty of beds - you dont have to get up and reserve them. Got into all the restaurants each week no problem and for the times we asked for. Entertainment team really work hard to put on a good show on a night- but these arent really my cup of tea - miming and dancing. Pacha disco always full from 11 pm onwards for a good boogie and booty shaking. Irish bar nearby has live Reggae band on Fridays and Saturdays - worth a visit. Food was incredible - lots of variety and delicious. Didnt suffer from any holiday tummy troubles and didnt hear of any guests being ill either. Jerk Hut on beach every day was fab and worth the small queue. It was our first time to Jamaica and we would go again in the future - perhaps a different resort but only because I think there's a lot of Jamaica that we didnt see. Our Thomson Rep PAULINE was amazing. She works very hard to make sure all her guests have a great time and nothing was any trouble for her. Mystic mountain was great (skyride, zip lines and bob sleigh) and Dunns Falls was exhilarating with everyone very happy when we got back on the bus (climb the falls and then party boat back with LOTS of rum punch). Was worried after reading bad reviews but honestly the only complaint I have is that there is no tea and coffee making facilities in the room - so I had to send my husband out each morning to bring me back a flask! My husband's complaint was that the gym was poor for the size of the resort. Quite a lot of the equipment was out of order and it was always busy with people having to wait for treadmills etc. Only free weights were baby weights he tells me! IRIE MON!

Room Tip: block 3 - higher floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple