“Amazing”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We rode over on a hobie cat from our resort. The waterfalls and water was beautiful. It was really cool how the water temperature changed due to the natural spring on the beach. The water was really cool on top but if you stand in it the water at your feet was really warm. AMAZING is all I can say!

Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Accra, Ghana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I am an expatriate living in Jamaica and went to visit the James Bond beach in Oracabessa today. I was sorely disappointed. First of all, I believe the sign for it is gone because we never saw one and had a very difficult time locating the beach. Second, there is a very tiny, meager stretch of sand called a "beach". The pictures I saw on TripAdvisor are not what the beach looks like now (sorry, I didn't take any pics to compare). It was unbelievable to me. Save yourself the disappointment--there are many beaches to visit in Jamaica that are WAY, WAY, WAY better than this. Btw, don't confuse this beach with the one where a James Bond film scene was shot called Laughing Waters. That beach is very close to Dunn's River falls and is not accessible by land. This is also the first time I have felt strongly enough about something to write a review on TripAdvisor. I really want to help other travelers avoid my mistake.

Visited March 2013
5 Thank livehappy_13
Seattle
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“The beach is gone”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I'm a bit surprising no one has written that after hurricane Sandy this beach has been pretty much washed away. We took some recent pictures and the before and after is pretty amazing.

Save yourself some time and go to another beach. The best beaches around Ochi are owned by the bigger resorts. There's a few places to sneak in but you'll have to do the research.

Visited December 2012
7 Thank Destination360
north coast
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Take your camera!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We come here at least a couple times when we visit Ocho. Its lovely with no hassle. The food is very good. There is also a glass bottom boat for trips around the area. Ask for Captain Simms and the bartenders will call him if he is not already there. This will be a highlight of your ventures around the north coast.
5$ entry closed mondays

Visited January 2013
1 Thank rootswoman
Kansas City, Missouri
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“LOVED it!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

THIS trip to Jamaica was on a cruise ship. We had already done all of the "tourist" stuff, so we wanted to just get off the beaten path! We asked a local to direct us OUTSIDE the cruise port to find a driver, negotiated a price and said, "Take us to a beautiful beach where locals go, with very few cruisers!" This was JUST the place! Thank you, GlenRoy!

Visited December 2012