“Good stuffs”

Book In Advance
More Info
$50.00*
and up
Shuttle Service from Runaway Bay Hotels to Ocho...
Ranked #51 of 69 things to do in Ocho Rios
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of Ocho Rios offering a wide selection of Duty Free Shopping and Jamaican Souvenirs. Home of three authentic Jamaican Restaurants: Mama Marley's, Reggae Ally and Cafe Express. Free Wi Fi available, money exchange and dual currency ATM Machine( US and JA).
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Taj Mahal is a shopping mall in Ocho Rios. Guides and drivers love this mall. You can find good stuffs, but don't forget to bargain. If you want to get reasonable prices, take 20% off at least over their best offers, then prepare to walk away. You may find coffee and Rum in airport at about 15 to 20% cheaper, with more reliable quality.

1  Thank YeahM0n13
in 8 reviews
"marley"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed December 2, 2013

These shops are sadly, not owned by Jamaicans. They have the same stuff in every store, and most owners own several of the shops.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

This place advertises free wifi. I tried to buy a teas shirt, the salesgirl said 10 dollars best price. When I went to pay for it, 0ne of the Indian owners grabbed it from my hand and said he couldn't give it to me for 10 bucks if I didn't buy anything else and proceeded to publicly reprimand the poor local salesgirl who was actually trying to sell something, This man is rude and greedy, Keep away from this store. Their prices suck and so does their attitude.

1  Thank Sideymeow1
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were bused here from our resort. Many of the shops sell the same items. The shops are not owned by Jamaicans which disappointed us because we would have liked to see our money going to locals. Jamaicans are sales clerks but the owners are there making the final decisions on price. As many posters have said, buy your alcohol at the airport. I ended up taking a cab to the local grocery store and bought spices, vanilla and coffee. I paid $4 for a large bag of jerk seasoning, $4 for vanilla concentrate and $10 for an 8 oz bag of coffee. I felt very safe going to the local grocery store. The cab driver stayed in the parking lot and waited for me. I believe we paid $10 per person to be shuttled in a large group to Taj Mahal. I paid $7.50 round trip to the cab driver to take me to the grocery store and was not hassled to buy anything, no haggling and didn't have to wait around for a group of people to finish shopping. There were a couple of individuals trying to sell me things in the parking lot but didn't bother me after I said no thank you.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We took a private taxi to the Taj Mahal Shopping center. Its a gated shopping centre. The only way in is thru a gated area with a guard so its very safe for travelers...We felt safe 100% of the time here. You will find multiple Jewelery shops - very friendly shop workers and owners. I visited Cafe Express to purchase a Cafe Mocha, which I found hard to find anyone that either knew how or would make one. So if you are craving your favorite Amercian Starbucks style coffee drink while in Jamaica and in Ocho Rios please stop by Cafe Express ( see photos )

FYI, Jamaica does not have Starbucks or McDonald so good luck trying to find American Style coffee. You may want to try the famous Jamaican coffee, it happens to be to strong for me and my wife and what I mean by that its taste is too strong not the amount of caffeine.

We purchase some clothing and Rum while shopping as well as some little gifts and some jewelery.

There where numerous gift shops and stores that gave out Free samples of their Rum and let me tell you Jamaican Rum is the Best. We had our share of some Free Rum while visiting the Taj Mahal....thank you

I would recommend this Shopping centre for all your gift shop shopping.

3  Thank David A