“Perfect afternoon food and view”

Whalers Seafood Restaurant & Sports Bar
Ranked #37 of 123 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Whalers Seafood Restaurant is located on Fisherman's Beach , Ocho Rios (Facing Columbus Heights Hotel) Beautiful view overlooking the ocean & cruise ship ports. You can watch your favorite sports live at our Sports Bar and indulge in our Native Dishes & Culture. HARASSMENT FREE ENVIOURNMENT!!!!!!
Reviewed December 2, 2013

After we asked our cab driver Kevin to go to "The Lobster Shack" he said no problem! As he was walking us down, he mentioned that we could go to a place there that had an upstairs were vendors wouldn't bother us. We ended up on the top floor of Whalers! My husband hand the Curried Lobster, and I had the garlic butter, both were SO good.. at $23 a plate! You can't get that at home! (or the contact buzz from all the pot smoking next door!)

2  Thank Rista

Reviewed November 28, 2013

My husband and I consider ourselves foodies, and so the satisfaction of a well prepared cuisine, is always a challenge my taste buds are looking to rekindle, through the nostalgic cuisine that previously excited them. This was achieved during my visit to Whalers. The staff were friendly and the food was something you must experience. I dabbled in the Jerk chicken and my husband ordered the lobster and we were not disappointed. A definite must for all foodies like ourselves.

1  Thank anamnesistik
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We visited whalers two weeks ago, the view of the ocean and the crewships is one to experience. The food is the real reason why we have to go back to whalers, we had grilled and garlicbutter lobster and our kids had curry conch and steam fish.
That was the best grilled lobster I ever had and I was able to taste the conch and the fish which my family enjoyed so much.

The service was great and the staff was irie, we have to go back to whalers on our next trip to Jamaica.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The jerk chicken is the best chicken i have ever eaten, sauce tasted excellent and festivals are a must try while in Jamaica. Festivals are fried cornbread sticks.... The area is pretty local so this is definitely not touristy and its right next to Margaritaville which is touristy. So if you want real authentic Jamaican food just go next door to Margaritaville if you are coming from the cruise ship.
I recommend this place to dine and will be definitely coming back to Jamaica soon to go there again.

Date of visit: July 2013
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We ate here while visiting off of a cruise ship on Oct. 17th, 2013. The food was great. I had the jerked chicken and the kids had shrimp stir fry and jerked chicken. They did not have diet soda which was a bit strange but no big deal. The food did take a while to prepare but I have been told that to properly make jerked chicken, it takes a while to marinate. We enjoyed our lunch here and would eat here again. The prices were reasonable...I think it was right at $60 for 5 people. That included drinks as well.

Date of visit: October 2013