“Ideal location for beach and town” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rooms Ocho Rios

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Rooms Ocho Rios
Ranked #14 of 36 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Negril
“Ideal location for beach and town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed with a friend from the UK, just for one night and really enjoyed the location, close to town but also right on the beach. Room was huge, clean and comfortable, but no verandah with the price we paid. Breakfast was a bit dry, with no fruits that morning so we went out on the street for it, which we had also done for dinner the night before. Lots outside the hotel to choose from and beach was busy and lively with some really nice crafts and clothes for sale. Had not been in Ochi for some years and was very impressed with what it had to offer.

Room Tip: We were at the back of the hotel with no view of verandah. If I had been staying for longer I ould h...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sue M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Polish first
Brampton, ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Was attending a friend's wedding and decided to go stay here, I was pleased with my choice. Rooms is just that, no Frills, just a clean, safe and pleasant place. The hotel is right beside Jamaica Grand and I didn't have to spend three times the money to use the same beach! I also liked the fact that I could leave the hotel and find something to eat for lunch and dinner at a low cost. During the day, feel free to explore. During the night, you might want some company i.e. a trusted local or someone who's familiar with the the area. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would gladly return.

• Stayed April 2014
6 Thank CanadianSun
Kingston, Jamaica
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

For the low price compared to other hotels on this strip you get a basic experience of ocho rios along with an inexperienced management staff. One would think, as a customer, one would be treated with good customer service. Unfortunately, Ms. Davidson, the manager who handled our situation gave me a most unforgettable and terrible experience. We arrived at the hotel and were not happy with the room and ambiance, the hotel was just "cheap" in my terms and I wanted something more breathtaking. Upon swiping my key into my room I began to cry seeing that I didn't want to spend my vacation here. I packed my stuff up and washed my hands in the bathroom and went to the front desk to kindly ask for a refund.

Ms. Davidson, the so called "manager" is a CHEAP hire and has no experience in customer service. She exclaimed, "well if you did wa check out unu shoulda get out of ma room" and became a hostile primate. She claimed that I had washed my hands in the room and therefore charged me $116 for the night even though I was not staying there and had spent under 20 minutes in the room, crying. She refused to refund me given my saddened disappointment.

It's not about the money, it's about the principle. I refused to take a voucher and had been victimized by the words of the manager as she fought back at me with her untrained attitude and below zero empathy.

To the board of directors, you should review your staff employment. Due to her inexperienced, hostile, rude attitude I will not recommend anyone here nor will I return and I refused to take a voucher simply because of how she treated me.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Passport22
Sonia_davis, Manager at Rooms Ocho Rios, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. It is indeed amazing the way you put your concern and how I spoke to you. It would have been very nice of you if you had told to truth on Social media; but as you had told me before you left the hotel in your words " I will nasty you up on Social Media". I treat ALL Guests with the outmost respect and I speak to them as such.

You arrived at the hotel and checked into the room, spent close to an hour in the room, used the bed, soap, towels and the bathroom then you turned up at the front desk to express the you did not want to stay. Reception called me on the phone and I spoke with you. I asked you the reason for wanting to leave, you could not give me one yet you put in your review that the place was cheap.

You told me you just wanted to go back home and the room was paid for, for 2 nights and you wanted a full refund. I explained to you that, that would not have been possible, I would out of Good Customer Service refund you for one night as you checked into the room and used the facility for almost an hour. That room was now a dirty room and could not have been sold until the following day when Housekeeping cleaned same. Bear in mind this was after 6:00pm. I even offered you a complimentary coupon for 1 night and you refused it.

At no time did I speak down to you, I was very sympathetic with you as you sounded as if you were crying. I even asked you why didn't you both leave the room immediately as you opened the door and realized you did not like what you saw. You responded that you never made your mind up yet and you were making some telephone calls. You did all this inside the room and this means you were both occupying same and there is a cost...it had to be paid for.

We at Rooms On The Beach thrive ourselves into giving Excellent Customer Service, and because of this we have Excellent Repeat business. I think it was totally unreasonable of you to have checked into our room with your brother, stayed for almost an hour, used the everything in the room and then asked for a refund. As I had explained to you, you could not have purchased an airline ticket, checked in for your flight, seated and then suddenly changed your mind to fly because you did not like the airline and expect a refund. It couldn't happen...the hotel operates the same way; but being the Customer Service oriented person that I am, I refunded you for one night.

I am really saddened by the way you have fabricated the whole situation and put it totally out of context. However I am happy I have the opportunity to respond to your review and put it all in context. We are indeed sorry that you did not give us the chance to show you that we are not a CHEAP hotel as you put it; but one of the Best Little Hotel in Ocho Rios that not only meet our guests' expectations...but exceed them

Yours truly

Sonia Davis
Hotel Manager
Rooms On The Beach
Ocho Rios

Travelers are raving about these Ocho Rios hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

As a single female, I was hesitant about traveling solo, but this hotel exceeded my expectations for safety. Right on the beach, inexpensive, decent continental breakfast (toast, cereal, juice, coffee, tea, fruit), WiFi in my room (1362), walking distance to everything, quiet, comfortable. I would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Andreana J
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

My stay was from April 17 2014- April 4 2014... i must stay is was my best vacation thus far...
i ususally go to Jamaica at least once a year but i usually stay with family. This trip i wanted to try something different and i want dissapointed at all!!!! ROOMS hotel i must stay was so welcoming, safe and professional especailly for the price.
Everything was in walking distants from clubs to grocery stores to attratcions.. The rooms were cleaned everyday with fresh towels and bed sheets. the beach was right on the hotel grounds.
I only ate from the hotel once cause we were always doing something but the food was great the 1 time i did eat there.... overall i love love love Jamaica!! and ROOMS OCHI RIOS IS MY HOME AWAY FROM HOME.... SEE YOU IN DECEMEMBER JA!!!!

Room Tip: I would recommend the 2nd or 3rd level to see the amazing view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank valentinez2014
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

My partner and I stayed here two weeks ago for 9 nights and we loved it. Hotel and surrounding was cleaned all the time, staff was friendly, especially Junior. We quite enjoyed the breakfast and the food in the hotel, the fish I tried for the dinner was delicious. Hotel is located perfectly and right on the beach. The only thing that was missing was the evening entertainment but we would be in bed early anyway after numerous walks on the beach.

Room Tip: Rooms with the balcony and the sea view are totally worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ivanauk27
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Enjoyed being so close to the public beach and meeting the vendors and watermen. Stayed two nights as part of a challenging bicycle tour, the Jamaica Reggae Ride.

Felt really, really safe. Staff went out of their way to serve. I would give ten stars, if possible, when I count how many times I and I demanded service, and got it quite quick.

On arrival, having biked from MoBay, was tired. Even though many guests arrived at the same time (our 20 plus a bus), not only were the keys distributed promptly, but the doorman even showed I to my room and prepared the closet. Doorman was a model of efficiency.

Were the keys programmed properly for a multi-night stay? Not exactly, but that is easily corrected by the 24 hour staff at this smallish property. On a scale of 1 to 10, a 0.001 issue.

I and I planned to ride to Port Antonio after our first night, and wanted an early breakfast. Other properties should take notice: How much goodwill can be gained by setting out the baked items at 7 instead of 7:30? Tremendous amount, I am quite sure. And they hit that again, when I and I had to prepare an early bus after our second day.

Odd, but I liked the TV for a simple reason: the channels switched quick with front panel controls, so I could check weather quickly. Heard the Internet was slow, but I was off the air, on purpose.

Dryer was $5 a load, but worked. As with other properties in Jamaica, the guest laundry is also the house laundry, but the job got done. Had to go behind the "staff only" door to get towels, but who really cares, in the end analysis.

The bosswoman of the bike tour needed some photocopies, in the view of the I and I guests, and the front desk people let that happen, allowing I to come into their back office to get the job done.

The most important point of this property is that it is one of the few not yet all-inclusive. The gluttony is appalling elsewhere, with folks needing to pass by a row of overweight people, all with a fork in their hand, with a big piece of meat.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa
#31 of 36 in Ocho Rios
Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica
Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Been to Rooms Ocho Rios? Share your experiences!