“what is the problem” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Peterborough, Canada
“what is the problem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

i have tried 3 times, whats up , i tried three times and there has been no update for Rooms on the beach Negril, i have given my impressions on rooms on the beach negril, how come i do not see my apinion on your trip advsor?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
      Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

After reading some mixed reviews and not knowing what to expect, my stay at Rooms with my family was amazing. We were checked into a 1st floor room which we realized the door (balcony)were not locking, after expressing our concerns, in less than 5 minutes we were transferred and settled into another room. The rooms at the hotel are very clean, AC worked excellent and the hotel grounds are well maintained. We liked the closeness to the beach (my boys would have spent the entire vacation at the beach no problem). Food was not one of our concerns because we usually eat on the move when we travel but the food at the hotel was good but there are plenty choices in close proximity to the hotel. The staff was absolutely wonderful from front desk to maintainence but speacial thanks to Ms. Davis, Kishonee, and Shelly - ladies high praises from my shy 8 yr old "mommy they are nice- they have good customer service", you have now become a household name when we talk about our hotel stay. Keep up the good work!!! I will definitely recommend this hotel and I do look forward to our future stay. :)

Mr. Gordon and Family

2 Thank CherylAMS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed there with my wife and inside the rooms was very clean ......if you Call for room service it take them with 2 minutes to attend and that was fabulous .....I would Stay there again in a heart beat

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank dondana1026
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have just returned from my second stay at Rooms and I had a great time! I went with 3 girlfriends, 2 of which had never stayed in Ochi or Rooms and they were pleasantly surprised. Considering how cheap it is, it is clean, right on the beach and the staff are great!

I love how close rooms is to the beach....right next to it and I like the fact that locals can come in and visit you (we have friends in Ochi so it was nice that they could join us at the beach).

My only complaint would be that breakfast is super slow but everything is slow in Jamaica!

I will be back to Ja in May, unfortunately not at Rooms, but honestly, if you want a hotel that is right on the beach, in the middle of Ochi town - near to everything you could possibly want to do, Rooms is the place to be!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony! It makes a huge difference but upgrade once you get to rooms - a lot che...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank jatraveller23
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My family and I spent 15 days at Rooms and it was comfortable throughout our time there. My husband and I went there with an open mind after reading some mixed reviews about this hotel and we were pleasantly surprised. I agreed with some of the reviews about the hotel - like the furniture in the rooms are a bit dated but the beds are so comfortable and we got an amazing sea view which is the best feature! The housekeeping is good! They cleaned our room daily without fail even when we were out for an hour or so. They changed towels daily. The AC was brilliant after being outside in sweltering heat. The food is good but as another reviewer said, it could be a bit better with more choices for breakfast but we always came away feeling satisfied.The amenities around the hotel is very good with banks, fast food restaurants as well local Jamaican restaurants and patties which are cheaper than the lunch and dinners at the hotel, so it is worth going outside the hotel for meals. The staff at the hotel are so friendly and helpful, I would like to mention a lovely lady at the restaurant called Nola who was always cheerful and welcoming! I must thank the staff for making our stay a very pleasant one. I definitely would recommend this hotel, just ask for a room with the ocean view!

3 Thank DavidsonUK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Just got back from the best trip to Jamaica. Stayed at Rooms. It's clean and in a great location. The beach is lovely and the hotel has direct access and guests get free sun loungers.
The bar isn't that well stocked and shuts at 11pm but the barman is friendly. The lunch menu is good and about $7 average for a meal.
Yes you do get hustlers on the beach offering you the best deals on water sports or trips. When you walk down the Main Street, you will also be asked a thousand times of you want a taxi, your hair braided or your name on a bracelet. Although its annoying, they do take no for an answer and I never felt threatened.
Be careful though who you accept help or info from as most people will expect a tip for your troubles even if you didn't actually ask for help.

Rooms is clean and the staff are friendly and I would recommend it whole heatedly. I'd go back tomorrow.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Natz1980
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Just came back from the best little hotel in Ocho Rios! The staff were brilliant, attentive and service with a huge smile. Anything you want they gave without hesitation. Went with my daughter and disabled son..Everywhere and I mean everywhere..was wheelchair accessible.. including the room and getting to the beach. The room was exactly like the photos on website..and you don't get always that. Hotel was very clean and towels bright white..Rooms cleaned every day and sheets changed.The beds were extremely comfortable..food great..only issue no green banana or breadfruit-- (Rooms man..it's Jamaica staple food!) Food reasonable- 700js$ for cooked breakfast..A la carte menu in evening..food not greasy.. View from room WAS ocean view! Was also able to get around Ochi with the wheelchair as they have pavement slopes..lots of shops for food and local supermarket was able to get the wheelchair into most shops.. Daughter loved the fact there was free Wi Fi... Overall a fantastic place to stay and will be going back there next time we are in JA!!

Room Tip: go for sea view..fantastic to see the sun rise and sun set
3 Thank happybunny43
#24 of 39 in Ocho Rios
3.5 of 5 stars 81 reviews
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort
Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Rooms Ocho Rios? Share your experiences!