“Good Hotel”
Review of Rooms Ocho Rios

Rooms Ocho Rios
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This wasn't anything fancy but was clean & the service was good. It didn't take long for the staff to get to know you. They were friendly & would chat. The food menu was limited but the prices were reasonable. It's within walking distance to downtown & other good restaurants. On the evening menu, I had the garlic shrimp 3 or 4 times, it was that good. My husband had the fish & the steak & really thought they were good. Luncheon menu not so much. As there are only about 100 rooms it wasn't super noisy or crowded. We would go back. It's not fancy though.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gerry F

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Rooms on the Beach is one of the most amazing places to stay while in Jamaica, very cool spot especially for tourist. Once you go to Rooms, you are greeted by a warm and friendly staff, who are always at your service! Located in the heart of Ocho Rios, everything is walking distance and the locals are very friendly. You can walk to the craft market, shopping centers, Dunn's River Falls, restaurants and jerk centers. And you don't have to go far for the beach because the hotel is located right on the beach!!! You can jet ski, scuba dive and take a ride on the glass bottom boat! While staying at Room, you will never want to go back home, the staff is very helpful, friendly and hospitable! I look forward to visiting this place again! Room is THE PLACE TO BE!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fabulous!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jillian R
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was the 24th year that I've headed to Ochi and not my last! I love staying at Rooms, it's not a huge place, not a 4 start but I don't want a 4 star. Very unprentious, the staff is amazing and always fun to be around. I travel alone majority of time and I feel very safe here! The price is right and you pay for what you get. The housekeepers take perfect care of the Rooms, the Lifeguard take great care with the pool and the bartenders: Dwayne, Hines & Shareeka keep your glasses filled! What is so fun, is when I get there everyone not only remembers me but remember my name! They are there year after year so the staff isn't churned in and out and are happy in their jobs! It's right on the beach... can't get much closer... I think I walked out of my room and was not more than 20 steps to the sand!! The restaurant doesn't draw in crowds and doesn't look like much, but I will tell you it's the freshest of food and is absolutely delicious!! The Lobster Curry, Red Snapper... every is so wonderful! The breakfast dishes are also great! There are a lot of people that stay there that are from the UK, Europe, and Eastern Europe so you get so many cultural flavors and I love that!! I can't say enough great things... like I said it's perfect for me!! Ok one negative, they need a new ice machine! The hotel is 3 floors and there's only one on the 3rd floor and it runs out in no time! The you have to go to the bar and sometimes they can't give you ice because they will run out! Just get 3 new ice machines... 1 for each floor please :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank HDChk
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The 2½-mi stretch of sand is (pic·tur·esque (p k ch -r sk ). adj. 1. Of, suggesting, or suitable for a picture: picturesque rocky shores. 2. Striking or interesting.) Ocho Rios is still a fishing village, but don't let that word village fool you. It's still a popular cruise ship destination. The cruise ship is a great way to get a taste of Ocho Rios, but if you want to experience a great vacation come to Rooms on the Beach in Ocho Rios and make it a point to say hello to the manager Sonia. She assures every guest is satisfied and leaves happy - nuff said. She greets every guest and can be seen walking the property every morning greeting the guest to make sure she is reachable and addresses the guest needs. When I arrived they did not have rooms and I did not have a reservation. I spoke with Sonia and called her back and she had a room but I did not want the room becaus it had three beds - wait. When I got to the room I was pleasently surprised by the size of the room- Large. I had the option of changing for my second night, but decided I would stay in the room. It was clean and comfortable and the view was great. The hotel is large and small enough approximately 100 rooms and 3 stories. It has wheel chairs in house for people with disabilities. There is a nice pool and bar next to the pool. The beach is a playground and if you want to rest on the beach there are enough almond trees for shade. Sonia's entire staff from the masseuse - Alicia to the life gaurd are very attentive. The beach, shopping, restaurants, and nightlife, all within walking distance of your hotel.

Rooms also has a property in Negril, but I did not get a chance to visit negril. I believe you can stay at either or both during your stay. The continental breakfast was enough to get the day started and lunch and dinner at the resturant was always good. The property is very clean. The rooms are well tended and the house keeping staff are tops. There is WiFi in the resturant and the walk to shopping is short - less than 2 blocks.

Water sports, horseback riding and all other tourist to do things are available at the hotel. Sonia runs a tight ship and her staff makes sure your stay is better than being on a cruise. So for me I choose Rooms on the Beach, Ocho Rios instead of the cruise. I'm heading back in two weeks, can't wait.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the beach either on the fist floor or second floor behind the pool.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Patrick M
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My trip was business oriented, but after my business meetings i had a fews days for scenery. My tour guide was a respected gentleman whi took me to Bob Marleys Museum in Kingston. Being the only one on my trip i was a bit scared because of the horror stories i heard about Jamaica. I chose a taxi driver Mr. Lincoln Wilson whose deportment was immaculate, very business oriented and his dictation was guite profound, and i felt at ease. CAN YOU IMAGINE TOURING IN A SPANKING CLEAN AIR CONDITIONED HondaA Stepwagon WITH DVD, BOB MARLEY, R& B etc. It was a splendid tour. Rooms hotel is home and the pool side bar is great.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank gillan T
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The staff were very nice, the rooms were very clean, the food was good, the pool was very cleen and well maintained, the beach was beautiful had plenty of beach chairs and towels available. We had a great vacation Thanks !:o)

P.S. the only thing to say negetive is that they should update there laundry room and there ice machines and they have no vending machines.

Room Tip: We had a view on the beach from the side, next time would like to be on the beach !
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank poirierfr22
Reviewed February 27, 2013

For those looking a great place to stay rooms on the beach is the place to be ,the staff are warm and caring , room are nicely keep service is excellent home away from home, location is the best you are in heart of the town walking distant to every shopping mall my experience was excellent

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple